The Long Lived Debate - Autoflower Light Schedule?

Why Doe

I'm curious to what you guys use and why. 18/6 20/4 24/0

Also would be interesting to know if anyone knows at what point you start loosing money with yield vs electricity cost. Is that even a factor with leds?

Will autoflowers go for longer if using less hours? Or would they finish at the same time regardless of light hours just with less yields.

I have been growing on 20/4 with great results. Tempatures is always an issue and I think a 18/6 would benefit me.

And go!!

Ive heard that 24/0 is the best for autoflowers, i have a white widow right now on 24/0 and is 34cm in day 21 from sprout, dont know about the electricity cost tho

I use 18/6, I really cant compare it to anything though. I started with 18/6, and it worked, so I didn't change it.

I'm in a 24-0 right now. I have 4 girls. Take a look at my journal guys!! I'm growing with MG seed starter potting soil and it's going fantastic!!

Here's a 12/12 auto for shits and gigs I did last grow

420-magazine-mobile1002861441.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1616811426.jpg
420-magazine-mobile935705777.jpg
420-magazine-mobile582293998.jpg

I use 18/6 mostly cuz I'm never home and save a lil bit of electricity I guess also run auto and phot in same tent

Rifleman grew a Dark Devil Auto plant in his flowering tent (12/12), and it was a relative monster in comparison to many of the other plants pictured in the DDA community grow thread. IIRC, it didn't spend its entire life @ 12/12 - only the vast majority of it :rolleyes3 .

I'm getting ready to start a (sponsored) grow journal this coming Sunday night using a brand new GROWant LED panel, and all of the plants I'll be growing are auto-flowering ones (and my experience with such strains could be written on the head of a pin and still leave room for the proverbial number of angels to dance on it, lol, so y'all are more than welcome to stop by and offer advice), and this topic is, therefore, of interest to me. Especially since I'm chronically poor and any electric bill that tops $50 gives me conniption fits ;) . Anyway, a good friend has told me several times now that a bunch of experts on "that forum that specializes in auto-flowering strains" have determined that a 20/4 light schedule is "best."

Personally, I find myself, more and more, thinking that the DLI (basically, the amount of light-energy that a plant receives in a day) is more important with autos than the number of hours in that day it is receiving it. And, although cannabis as a species can operate in either of two modes (IOW, it can be healthy even with NO dark period), it seems to be more efficient - and have some other benefits - when it does receive a dark period each day. So I'm tentatively planning to go with an 18/6 lighting schedule. I suppose I might end up allowing myself to get talked into going with 20/4, but certainly no more (light-hours) than that.

Again, I have little personal experience with auto-flowering strains, having only grown a total of three of them (two were a number of years ago and were, TBH, kind of half-@ssed grows, and the one last year was both neglected and ill-lit) before. My opinions are just that - not based on experience, just reading and thinking.

Here's a 12/12 auto for

Call me paranoid (everyone else does, lol), but I don't think I would have posted a picture of even that much of my fingerprints with cannabis, in a cannabis-related thread, on a cannabis-related forum. Of course, I'm not Australian and know almost nothing about the laws and legal system there, other than if someone is a motorcyclist and rides with other people, some areas seem to consider this to be evidence of "criminal activity." Which is ironic, because such thinking is, itself, criminal.

Back
Top Bottom