Where to get the real Neville's Haze?

As the title implies, I'm looking for the original Neville's, if it can be found.
Not the NH that's been crossed so it finishes in 10 weeks.
I want that 20 week, flower in December, haze monster.

If anyone knows a reputable place to obtain these genetics, I'd be much obliged.

Also, has anyone here grown out the real deal Neville's? If so, please have pics!!! How was it?

Hands down my favorite smoke!

Thanks in advance!!

As the title implies, I'm looking for the original Neville's, if it can be found.
Not the NH that's been crossed so it finishes in 10 weeks.
I want that 20 week, flower in December, haze monster.

Good luck, lol. That took me a few packs, back in the day. They were all over the place. I ended up hanging onto one that was around 16 weeks and one that was about 20, 20.5. Kept them going up until my soon-to-be ex-wife asked me to get rid of everything because... well, because she never thought I'd agree, but that's irrelevant. If a woman tell you to get rid of your favorite plants, get rid of your woman - they're far, far easier to replace.

You can try Mr. Nice, as they are supposed to have it from time to time. IDK if it'd be the same, it's not like the original parent plants are still alive, but there's always a chance that what you'd get would be close enough to suit. Hopefully you wouldn't have to grow 30-40 plants out now to pick a real winner. I have a couple of their Mango Haze seeds. Not the same at all, obviously, but it's supposed to be a decent strain. I won't know for sure for a year or longer.

The buzz sure was nice, and I miss it still. You could smoke it all day. And you did, actually. Hang time wasn't exactly the stuff of legend, maybe not enough CBD, IDK.

But... monster? Never grown it, huh? Most anorexic monsters I ever did see ;) . Hope you got lots of room and LOTS of light. Wasn't even a high-production strain when grown with the method that became known as scrog. But that's head stash, lol.

If Greenhouse is still selling their "version," don't even bother.

But... monster? Never grown it, huh? Most anorexic monsters I ever did see ;) . Hope you got lots of room and LOTS of light. Wasn't even a high-production strain when grown with the method that became known as scrog. But that's head stash, lol.

420-magazine-mobile1642967079.jpg

I'm not oppose to anorexic chicks, as long as they end up putting out

Yeah, okay. That's about how it goes, so you shouldn't be too surprised, lol.

Good luck on finding it, BtW. Oh, I just did a quick web search and Seedsman shows five packs of Mr. Nice's, and they're only $115/pack. If I had the money to burn, I'd grab all five.

Get on the auctions at mns... I picked it up for $50, 20 seeds in the packet.. you want a year though, half of it to grow, then the other half to cure..

IMG_52105.JPG

I'm growing a nice nev Skunk at the moment.. Shanti put it out for those wanting the nh but taking to long to find it... goes for around $20 on auctions..
Nevils Skunk

A lot of growers have waited patiently for several years to get the original Neville's Haze seed for their garden, so we at MNS thought it would be a special thing for those and other growers to have the chance to try to find something very practical, as well as containing all of those original and special genetics sought after by so many in the elite part of the Cannabis world. Now finding something special is attainable with less trial and error work. The best thing to do is to narrow things down to a maximum of 12 weeks, so plants that take longer should be discarded. Lower food levels may be advisable, but it will depend upon the type of grow medium and setup you have. The flavors held in this hybrid will be like biting into a rainbow...almost everything you ever tasted will dance upon the senses, and its effect will astound. It really would help those Medical growers who go the extra yard to find a tailor made medicine. Yields of 450 -650 grams would be the expected but if this plant is grown in a greenhouse or outdoors then give it space as it will blow you away, leaving the air around it feeling claustrophobic. This hybrid will have phenotypes in it that can be finished in 10 weeks, but most will go an extra week or two. In an outdoor grow in the northern hemisphere it will be ready mid to late October. In the southern hemisphere it will be expected in April. Be warned if you find what you are looking for you may never grow another plant!

order this strain online

Neville's Skunk (Nev. Haze x Afg. Skunk) Neville's Skunk (Nev. Haze x Afg. Skunk) Neville's Skunk (Nev. Haze x Afg. Skunk)
Heritage: Neville Haze x Afghan Skunk
Category: Exclusive limited editions - New blends of old school genetics
Family of breed: 12.5% NL5, 37.5%Haze, 25% Afghan and 25% Skunk
Breeder: Nevil and Shantibaba
Preferred medium: bio and hydro, outdoors/greenhouse
Expected yield: The yields expected will dramatically differ depending upon the phenotype you decide upon but it would be expected to range from 450grams to 650 grams per square meter. Outdoors or greenhouses will allow this seed to blossom to its full potential...
Flowering period: This hybrid will have phenotypes in it that can be finished in 9 weeks, and most will go an extra week or two. In an outdoor grow in the northern hemisphere it will be ready mid to late October. In the southern hemisphere it will be expected in late March or early April.
Recommendations: An excellent plant for a darkened greenhouse setup where 1 plant can take up to 2 square meters at harvest.
Special Notes: The potential of this combination of genetics will prove to the world that there is a God... in the shape of a plant. Talk about a Burning Bush

Doors would be really good to explore also... auction goes for mid $20-mid $30 but can pick it up for bargain at right time..

Not for everyone as it will test the level of endurance and patience! But like all great events in the life that take time this is one to be savored with special events like a birth of a child or a wedding...Euphoria lies in the seed that awaits you!

order this strain online

The Doors (NL5/Hz x Hz (AC)) The Doors (NL5/Hz x Hz (AC)) The Doors (NL5/Hz x Hz (AC)) The Doors (NL5/Hz x Hz (AC))
Heritage: NL5Hz x HzAC
Family of breed: 25% Afghan, 75% Haze
Breeder: Shantibaba
Preferred medium: Bio and Hydro, Indoors and outdoors/greenhouse
Expected yield: Expect 600 grams per m2 indoors and minimum 600 grams per plant outdoors.
Flowering period: Indoors you should select anything that goes up until 16 weeks flowering time and kill any others as they are not practical for indoor rooms. The Northern hemisphere will be difficult for this plant only southern Europe like Italy, Spain, Portugal would allow this plant to finish by December while in the southern hemisphere it will take until June.
Recommendations: For the grower who is keen to learn about Haze hybrids…so preferably not first time growers.
Special Notes: Of all the combinations in genetics that can lead to a holy grail then this is it.

Nevils Skunk

A lot of growers have waited patiently for several years to get the original Neville's Haze seed for their garden, so we at MNS thought it would be a special thing for those and other growers to have the chance to try to find something very practical, as well as containing all of those original and special genetics sought after by so many in the elite part of the Cannabis world. Now finding something special is attainable with less trial and error work. The best thing to do is to narrow things down to a maximum of 12 weeks, so plants that take longer should be discarded. Lower food levels may be advisable, but it will depend upon the type of grow medium and setup you have. The flavors held in this hybrid will be like biting into a rainbow...almost everything you ever tasted will dance upon the senses, and its effect will astound. It really would help those Medical growers who go the extra yard to find a tailor made medicine. Yields of 450 -650 grams would be the expected but if this plant is grown in a greenhouse or outdoors then give it space as it will blow you away, leaving the air around it feeling claustrophobic. This hybrid will have phenotypes in it that can be finished in 10 weeks, but most will go an extra week or two. In an outdoor grow in the northern hemisphere it will be ready mid to late October. In the southern hemisphere it will be expected in April. Be warned if you find what you are looking for you may never grow another plant!

order this strain online

Neville's Skunk (Nev. Haze x Afg. Skunk) Neville's Skunk (Nev. Haze x Afg. Skunk) Neville's Skunk (Nev. Haze x Afg. Skunk)
Heritage: Neville Haze x Afghan Skunk
Family of breed: 12.5% NL5, 37.5%Haze, 25% Afghan and 25% Skunk
Preferred medium: bio and hydro, outdoors/greenhouse
Expected yield: The yields expected will dramatically differ depending upon the phenotype you decide upon but it would be expected to range from 450grams to 650 grams per square meter. Outdoors or greenhouses will allow this seed to blossom to its full potential...
Flowering period: This hybrid will have phenotypes in it that can be finished in 9 weeks, and most will go an extra week or two. In an outdoor grow in the northern hemisphere it will be ready mid to late October. In the southern hemisphere it will be expected in late March or early April.
Recommendations: An excellent plant for a darkened greenhouse setup where 1 plant can take up to 2 square meters at harvest.
Special Notes: The potential of this combination of genetics will prove to the world that there is a God... in the shape of a plant. Talk about a Burning Bush

Looks like they still haven't figured out how to stabilize their strains, huh? Phenotypes, phenotypes, phenotypes.

But I'm mainly posting to wonder about how they come up with their percentages... Isn't Northern Lights an Afghani x Thai cross? An Afghan Skunk is probably Afghani x Skunk #1, and (IIRC,) I read that Sk1 is an Afghani / Acapulco Gold / Columbian Gold mutt. NH is... (NL5 x Haze A) x Haze C? Seems like there might be more than 25% Afghani in it, since everything they threw in the hat had some in it?

An Indicativa, lofl? Does it at least not smell like a skunk's ass? I got out of my "I don't care how nasty it smells/tastes, as long as it's potent" phase before I was old enough to join this forum.

And why we buy his seeds.. not shit that's lost all its characteristics like most but something special to find.. and when most are keepers, it's your own choice at what exactly you are growing the strain for that will decide your keeper.. yoy know much about breeding hazes? But hes got mango haze if you want a ibl...

You last paragraph, what are you on about??

There's your Afghan Skunk I'd say he used..

During the 1960’s and early 1970’s, the best hashish in the world was purchased in tea-houses in Afghanistan. Its resin was sticky, its colour and texture were pure, its tangy taste was as sweet as honey from heaven, and its high was a dreamer’s paradise. The country’s ruler, King Saber Shah, loved it. In 1973, the king was ousted. In 1979, the Russians invaded, and the country’s troubles deteriorated. So did the hashish, which soon became a clumsy mixture of a variety of resins from different plants, idly and slovenly screened, and held together by animal fat. I first smuggled Afghan hashish in 1970. For reasons I never fully understood, we referred to it over the phone as “Nordle”. The contents of this packet are designed to bring those forgotten wonders of the 1960’s into your grow-rooms and into your consciousness.

order this strain online

NORDLE NORDLE NORDLE NORDLE
Heritage: Afghan skunk
Category: The Naturals - Old school genetics
Family of breed: 50% Afghan, 50 % Skunk#1
Preferred medium: Bio and Hydro, Indoors and outdoors/greenhouse
Expected yield: Due to its Afghan origins and the particular parent plants one would expect between 500-750 grams per square meter
Flowering period: Indoor flowering we found certain plants finishing in 6 weeks but this was extreme...what would be normal would be 7-9 weeks. Grown outside in the Northern Hemisphere early to mid October but watch out for rains...and mould. In the Southern Hemisphere March or early April would be expected.
Recommendations: For the inexperienced growers to the most advanced. Especially for greenhouse growers worldwide or short outdoor seasons.

And why would you grow a nev haze Skunk and be looking/wanting a skunk phenomenon lmfao scratching my head :rofl:

And why we buy his seeds.. not shit that's lost all its characteristics like most but something special to find.. and when most are keepers, it's your own choice at what exactly you are growing the strain for that will decide your keeper.

I used to feel the same way. Well, not about strains that have uniformity in their population being "sh!t that's lost all its characteristics," :rolleyes3 , but that it's good that 15 people who have differing ideas about what is "best" can find the one that's right for them... if they grow enough plants out. And I still do... in theory. But I don't have room like I used to. Growing 15 or 20 - or more - plants, especially when they're towards the sativa end of the scale... For me, that'd be a multi-year project, lol. Grow one or two plants (which takes a while), pick the best for ME, keep a clone while I grow out the next two, pick the best out of those three, grow out the next two, pick the best out of... And, again, that's fine if the grower has a large space, wants a several-year project just to pick the winner out of a pack of sativas, or lives in a location that isn't lucky enough to experience Winter. But for the small-space grower, I'd rather see three - or five, or whatever - different versions of a strain that could be purchased separately.

I'd still grow Neville's Haze again, though, if I had seeds.

yoy know much about breeding hazes?

No, I did the clone thing.

But hes got mango haze if you want a ibl...

Yeah, I mentioned that I had a couple of those beans, a post or three up. Have you grown it? I haven't, and am curious. I assume the "mango" might hint at its flavor, but that's just an assumption. With only two seeds, I might only get one female. IDK if I'll try to save pollen (assuming one turns out to be a male) or not.

Wait, it's considered an IBL? I thought this meant that a strain had been stabilized over many generations, to the point at which it is said to "breed true," and that, therefore, there is little to no variation amongst the population. No hybrid vigor, but you could count on it to be homogeneous. But I've read about multiple phenotypes with the strain, so... IDK?

You last paragraph, what are you in about??

I'm guessing that the Neville's Skunk has a fair amount of indica in its genetic makeup, I'm wondering if it stinks like a skunk, and I've found that - after I reached the age of majority - I'd rather have bud that smells/tastes good. Err... I think that's all. Sorry, I suppose I could have been a little clearer. Kind of exhausted AtM.

And why would you grow a nev haze Skunk and be looking/wanting a skunk phenomenon lmfao scratching my head

Uhh... I wouldn't. That's why I asked you if it "at least didn't smell like a skunk's ass" :icon_roll . I'm not looking to smoke something that I'd cross the road to avoid the smell of.

Im jealous of all new growers and old bean buyers.. I wouldn't have a clue what I grew for 20 years but I know what I've grown the last five wasn't it.. I'm searching for Skunk haze I think. I hope..

Uhh... I wouldn't. That's why I asked you if it "at least didn't smell like a skunk's ass" :icon_roll . I'm not looking to smoke something that I'd cross the road to avoid the smell of.

That's good :rofl: I couldn't work out that last bit :rofl: I thought you wanted it to:rofl:

But I'm mainly posting to wonder about how they come up with their percentages... Isn't Northern Lights an Afghani x Thai cross? An Afghan Skunk is probably Afghani x Skunk #1, and (IIRC,) I read that Sk1 is an Afghani / Acapulco Gold / Columbian Gold mutt. NH is... (NL5 x Haze A) x Haze C? Seems like there might be more than 25% Afghani in it, since everything they threw in the hat had some in it.

I'm looking for some quotes but here's first bit...
Question to Nevil
Quote:
Ok.. so it sounds like on purchase all the nl lines were actually different seedlots of the NL family... not cuts.

That's right OS. I did go to the States later and pick up the original U.S. NL5 mother and it was as it was described to me, part Thai. But my NL5 didn't seem to have any Thai influence. I spent a lot of time analysing the NL lines, in particular NL5.

I only saw evidence of two indica male lines in the NL series and that was NL1 and NL2. My best bet was that NL5 was a combination of NL1 male line and US NL5 female. I guessed that US5 was 50% NL2. Northern Lights 2x5 was the best that I could do staying within the line (pure NL).

Northern Lights changed the face of cannabis genetics (and many a smoker), but it was mostly through NL5. You've got to marvel at fate for dropping that one extreme plant into the lap of a budding seed breeder.
N.

Just a little more;

Nevil
The Maple Leaf came from a guy known to me as Jim Ortega. We traded seeds for a while. Not only did he supply me with Maple Leaf, but also Garlic Bud and Kush 4. The cannabis smoking world owes him a lot.

The Maple Leaf line provided me with a plant that I labeled Afghan T. This plant is the mother of Super/Ultra Skunk and also crossed well with HzC.

Kush 4, I crossed with NL2(which had the same Kush smell) and this Kush Hybrid is the foundation of todays Kush lines.

Garlic bud has also made it's presence felt and is part of todays super yielders.

Let me say one more thing about ML AfgT. This plant had exactly the same smell as Sams best SK1 but more so. It is the true Skunk archetype. I do not believe for one N.Y. minute that Afghani#1 is behind the SK1, which IMO gives credence to the Mendecino Joe story about SK1.

The world owes you a big Thank You Jim!
Let me be the first to say that I appreciate the work that you have done.
N.

I cant find quote, so I'll delete..

If I lived in the states, I'd like to give these a run

Northern Lights #5 x Neville’s Haze
Is currently Available
Swami Organic Seed Cannabis Type:

Northern Lights #5 x Neville’s Haze

Breeding Information:

These are the original Northern Lights #5 x Neville’s Haze seeds from the first release. Coot pollinated the best female in 1991 then put the seeds away for over 25 years. We collectively germinated what we could from the rest and found a few breeders which we developed into the F3’s.

Known Phenotypes:

More sativa dominant, but indica expressions do surface.

Growth/Appearance:

Plants tend to be lanky and should be flowered ASAP upon sexing. Sativa expressions can go up and over 80 days, indica expressions can be done near 55.

Scent:

Smoke tends to be reminiscent of older imports of the 70’s with subtle sandalwood and fuely expressions.

Effect:

This is everything the original description of the type is. The only type to ever have a warning that you could lose bodily functions. This is no joke,this is not for light smokers and can induce hallucinations and temporary anxiety in those sensitive to these types of sativas.

Flowering Time:

Most will finish around 65 – 75 days

Breeder’s Notes:

These are simply an additional open pollinated swami reproduction of the line with both indica and sativa phenotypes locking it into an F4 IBL.

Disclaimer: Please note that we do not take responsibility for the traits expressed in cannabis that appear in phenotype expression and variation of effect. Some of these types are unrefined landrace crosses, landrace hybrids, etc., and may exhibit undesirable traits not bred out yet or developed into a stable line. However, the history of the lines speak for themselves and any known imperfections are not offered. We do not exaggerate early flowering times, as most sativa/indica hybrids will have flowering time variations that range between both parents realistically between 55 and over 100 days to full fruition depending upon expression and line.

Back
Top Bottom