How do I calculate size of blower and carbon filter based on room size?

Crazyhorse

Greetings,
Just wondering what the formula is for calculating the size of blower and carbon filter for a room 14' x 14' x 8'?
Needs to be a 100% clean...or close.
Any info on that will be appreciated.
Thanks

That's 1568 ft3 (cubic feet). You'll want an 8", 765cfm fan & a corresponding +/- 48"H x 8" intake scrubber body. Phat, Phresh, etc. make good gear. You'll scrub all your room air every 124 seconds. Don't go cheap, shite carbon is shite. And don't allow continuous humidity (above 70% RH) to pull through the scrubber or it'll fuck the activated carbon.

I propose a test of say 6 or 8 different rooms sizes. The winner with the simplest all answers that are right will be crowned. Then quizzed by the rest of on our filtration questions for years.

Room size simply does not matter , what matters is generated heat and temperature difference .

Depending on outside temps (you want cooler air from outside ) I would have at least 800m3/h fan+800m3/h filter for one 600w hps
If you have leds you can get by with less than half that
Cfl generate more heat than led but less than hps.
You want to oversize a bit and use fan controllers to regulate the temp so when it get's hot or cold outside you don't fry the girls inside ... or freeze

I got a similar sized room and I use tents with filtered extraction inside the room than another filter+fan to get outside ... there's 0 smell

It's not the cheapest way but I have peace of mind.

Don't forget some strains will tolerate heat better than others .

you have go to by how stinky your flowers will be...if its a KUSH or SKUNK then I would get a big one. Calculate by the amount of air in the room vs how much air the inline fan moves. you need to clean out the entire room within an hour usually is what I find works for me.

Greetings,
Just wondering what the formula is for calculating the size of blower and carbon filter for a room 14' x 14' x 8'?
Needs to be a 100% clean...or close.
Any info on that will be appreciated.
Thanks
A simple calculation is used to determine the size.
The formula is:
Length X Width = Area , Area X Height = Total Volume ( cubic feet)
On a side note: You can play with the numbers a little if you do not want to clear the air 60 times an hour.
Maybe just 40 times just take the total cubic feet x 40 / 60 = Total CFM.

How big of filter for a 4x4 grow tent?
For a 4x4 grow tent with a height of 6.5 feet the size of carbon filter would be :
4 x 4 = 16 , 16 X 6.5 + 104 cubic feet + 104 CFM
A 4 inch filter should be enough to clean the air of odor from the 4x4 grow tent.

To get detailed size guide according to your tent size you should read this Best Carbon Filter for Grow Room or Grow Tent : Choosing The Right Size

Back
Top Bottom