Trying to understand proper air intake and ventilation?

Crazyhorse

Does the scrubber filter need to run continuous or intermittently? Fresh intake? Alternate?
Amount of time for each?
My first indoor grow and want it done right :) Thanks.

I run mine 24/7 mainly for smell in flower, early in summer as much for heat also

If just veg not necessary really as long as heat isn't an issue , I run an HPS so I run mine

Does the scrubber filter need to run continuous or intermittently? Fresh intake? Alternate?
Amount of time for each?
My first indoor grow and want it done right :) Thanks.

Is it legal to grow where you live? There isn't much smell in the veg phase. That aside you always need to circulate the air. Your plants absorb CO2 and that needs to be replaced. You can do that with fans and leaving your vents open.

I run them 24/7 for smell and heat control. If it were legal i would skip the filters but keep the airflow going. The plants love fresh air

I have my exhaust running 24/7, mind as well have that fresh air!

I also have a small PC fan running as intake because my intake is from the top and I have duct work leading to the bottom of my tent, so I thought I needed that extra boost.

Filters are GREAT !!! Trust me I grew in the days before them. No longer does anyone entering my house know what's going on. For years I never let anyone visit me at home.
With that said. I run my air filter on a separate timer then I do the lights and fans.. While it is on all the whole time the lights are on. It also comes on at different times to bring in more air and warmth. This gives me more control over the plants environment. I also change the times through out the grow. To keep up with temperature changes I adjust the timer so there is plenty warm fresh air during the time the lights are off.

first question to ask yourself, do I run a sealed tent, or vented tent. do the research then decide to many options of tent setups out there all about budget and dedication.

I know I'll lose 5 to 7% of light from air cooled hoods but personally if I run HID I run 1000w hps or 315w lec both have been great for my grows oh yea and I am sealed with Co2 getting pumped in

Back
Top Bottom