I topped my plants about a week ago - My one plant seemed to grow 4 new tops

lazydayz

420-magazine-mobile1193832071.jpg

Re: I topped my plants about a week ago. My one plant seemed to grow 4 new tops inste

Yes from everything I have read, this is the basic idea of supercropping. damage the top terminals and the lower branches will compensate by stretching up to the canopy level and act as new tops. My cotton candy kush is doing the same thing now and she looks wonderful, as does yours. Want to hear something even stranger though? when my cotton candy kush sprouted from seed, it grew naturally with 2 tops instead of one. weird right? but it did not seem to affect the plants health and it actually really sped up my training process because it already had 2 tops. from there i topped it another 2 times and now she has i think close to 20 tops. I guess it was a genetic mutation of sorts but im actually thankful for it because my plant practically supercropped itself haha.

Re: I topped my plants about a week ago. My one plant seemed to grow 4 new tops inste

Yes from everything I have read, this is the basic idea of supercropping. damage the top terminals and the lower branches will compensate by stretching up to the canopy level and act as new tops. My cotton candy kush is doing the same thing now and she looks wonderful, as does yours. Want to hear something even stranger though? when my cotton candy kush sprouted from seed, it grew naturally with 2 tops instead of one. weird right? but it did not seem to affect the plants health and it actually really sped up my training process because it already had 2 tops. from there i topped it another 2 times and now she has i think close to 20 tops. I guess it was a genetic mutation of sorts but im actually thankful for it because my plant practically supercropped itself haha.

I super crop every plant almost Bc when she heals she will be so much better Bc you get a knuckle and more nutes pass thru

I super crop every plant almost Bc when she heals she will be so much better Bc you get a knuckle and more nutes pass thru

Yes I have heard that as well. And Apparently, you can top more or less as much as you want. as much as the plant can handle anyway... I have topped mine like.... crap now I don't even remember.... 4times? and she is still doing great. very bushy. She got a little yellow and droopy on my I guess I waited too long to feed and water her. Nothing serious though just ran out of nuts I think and was thirsty. I gave her 2 gallons of RO water at 6.0ph with H2O2 to flush a little as usual, then I gave her a gallon of nutrient mix. I actually mixed 2 gallons of nuts but I already had 20% run off so I figure Ill wait a few days and see if she needs more. don't want to overdo it. ....oh my gosh... October is almost over. be time to flower soon... Im so excited! lol :morenutes::yummy:

I grew 2 double header Hindu Kush plants. They produced twice as much as the single stem variety. (I've been aware of the stimulative effects of topping for 50 years after deer broused over the fence accomplishing the trick in a VT grow.) I'm glad I ignored opinion that one head should be removed post germination. Whether the effects are comparable will need to be studied for a definitive answer. The double headers did prompt me to wonder if the trait could be or possibly had been bred for by somebody. It might be a good selling point.

Yep FIM'd it perfectly. Which is different then super cropping but with similar results.

I usually fim to get more branches I would rather keep my terminal shoots and my laterals grow in Bc I stunt them by fim and then have either 3 or 4 new branches

Back
Top Bottom