Looking for a grow mentor

Pnwnewbie

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right location. This is also my first post. First I will say, I am so glad to have found this group. Everyone seems pretty friendly and knowledgeable.

I am looking for a grow mentor for my first indoor grow. Someone who has a firm grasp on dwc and growing with led.

My current setup up is a 5 gal dwc bucket, a mars hydro 600 led. I'm growing mango automatic from msnl seeds. The plant is on day 17 and is looking pretty healthy.

I'm not afraid to admit that I'm not confident in what I'm doing. I've done a lot of research prior to starting. I just need someone to bounce questions off of and to make sure I don't make critical mistakes.

I do have a ph meter and a tds/ec meter. I've been using gh flora series and hydrogaurd.

If anyone would like to take a newbie under their wing it would greatly appreciate it. If you're in the PNW, even better. Lol.

Thank you in advance

You would be best off letting the whole forum be your mentor.

There are a lot of us here doing DWC and we pop in and out.

If you have a question and post it in the DWC section.

It will not take long to get an answer.

I been running 5gal DWC for about 4yrs now.

I started out using GH and Hydrograud.

They can work well and you should be able to grow some real nice plants with it.

What are your rez and tent/room temps like?

Why are you running an auto?

What are you using for water?

How well has your PH been holding?

What % of nutes of what they say to use are you using?

Feel free to start a journal . There are lots of very experienced growers.around these parts

My room temp is usually around 75 at night it will drop a couple of degrees. Not sure about the rez temp, it feels cold to the touch and the roots are nice and white.

I'm doing autos because they seemed to fit my needs for right now. I want to get a couple of auto grows under my belt before I try photo period.

I use my tap water. It measures out at 50 ppm. Let it sit with bubble stones a couple of days before I use it.

Ph has been a breeze so far. I thought I would run into crazy ph problems but I can get it down to 5.5 and it won't go above 6.5.

I've also been running 1/4 strength nutes or even a bit less. She hasn't been feeding too much but does drink water.

I'm pretty new to the whole forum thing as well. It's a bit overwhelming trying to find exactly where to post. But I'm confident that I'll learn it. Thank you so much, everyone here seems to be really nice.

All sounds good.

The PH holding is a good sign for sure. You should see a little slide in the PH up or down over time.

The trick is to keep the slide in the right range and not have any big swings.

Try to slowly bring the nutes up to about half as she gets a little bigger.

What are you running for a light schedule?

Make sure with the GH that your putting the Micro in the water first.

Currently I'm running 20/4 but it was suggested to me earlier to go with 18/6. But he never gave me a real reason as to why. They say you can run 24/7 with autos but the light manufacturer recommended at least 4 hours off. That way you don't toast the diodes.

Search and type "making a grow journal" good info on there. All you do is what you did for this post. Select create new thread and grow room then ongoing journals I think.... from there think of a catchy title most users include the year strain a funny pun or 2.

In the intro post include things like strain, medium, nutes, lighting, any training plans, etc. The how to start a grow journal is a great place to start. They suggest new members also stop in and introduce themselves in the other social forums .

Or you can always just use this one and make it your journal? I'm subscribed. Either way best of luck and feel free to PM me or post in this thread or my journal any questions you may have. I've grown in Dwc in the past and will be again here soon.

Dabber

You should start a journal. Add pics of your setup and document what you are doing. Not only will it serve as a reference point for you on each grow going forward, it will also be a place to direct people if you need help. It will help others too.

I dont mind helping you out. I know a little thing or 2. But it def makes it easier if theres a dedicated space where you can focus on the one grow and show everything you are doing...

From my phone. I uploaded a couple to the site but I can't figure out how to put it in the thread.

Just use the camera icon at the top of the reply box or the My Photos tab at the bottom.

Click on that, click on your photo and it's placed in the post.

Back
Top Bottom