Back from hiatus

LadyK3

Hey everyone. I shut down shop for a couple months to get married and travel. Well, it's time to get some new girls going.
I wanted to spruce up my room and add ac ducting into my tent, but also incorporate a carbon air filter that will duct the smell into my attic rather than permeate throughout my home. I am running LED so there are no direct connections to pull heat out from the lights like their light options, does anyone have a set up they can show me that works?

Hey everyone. I shut down shop for a couple months to get married and travel. Well, it's time to get some new girls going.
I wanted to spruce up my room and add ac ducting into my tent, but also incorporate a carbon air filter that will duct the smell into my attic rather than permeate throughout my home. I am running LED so there are no direct connections to pull heat out from the lights like their light options, does anyone have a set up they can show me that works?

Like other light options, I meant

Like other light options, I meant
Hello LadyK3,

Do you have specific questions?

I am curious about your ac ducting to your tent and more so about venting to your attic.

My concern is your planning to vent to your attic. This may be a big hit on your energy costs to cool your home.

My hopes are that you charcoal filter your tent air and keep your conditioned air in your home.

Excuse me please if I am not understanding your situation.

2Tired

Hello LadyK3,

Do you have specific questions?

I am curious about your ac ducting to your tent and more so about venting to your attic.

My concern is your planning to vent to your attic. This may be a big hit on your energy costs to cool your home.

My hopes are that you charcoal filter your tent air and keep your conditioned air in your home.

Excuse me please if I am not understanding your situation.

2Tired
My LED lights warm my tent too much. I thought adding a small air duct with cool air would help keep heat down. I was also wondering how I could efficiently remove odor with a carbon air filter since I run LED. There is no way to directly link the carbon air filter to the light exhaust fans. So could I essentially just hang a carbon air filter in the tent and have it vented out and actually be efficient?

LadyK3,

I can only speak of my tent and what works for me.

My 6" fan/filter hang @ very top of my tent. The fan/filter removes the warm air and odors so that my tent temps w/lights are never higher than 83deg at the canopy. The trick for me was to get the warm clean room air out of the room allowing fresh cooler air (76deg) into the room. My central air conditioner worked a little harder. Feel free to ask me a question if you think I can help.

2Tired

Here is my set up, still runs hot! Whats going on?
420-magazine-mobile1967769412.jpg

Here is my set up, still runs hot! Whats going on?
420-magazine-mobile1967769412.jpg
Mount the filter and fan as high as possible. The fan should be drawing cooler room air in from the bottem of the tent and then exhaust out the top helping to remove the tent heat.

Outside of the tent the room temp may need to be kept 6 to 10 lower than your desired canopy temp.

Use another fan inside the tent to circulate air gently moving the plant leaves.

And when your lights go off, ideally your temperature should drop 10 to 15 degrees during the dark hours.

And hopefully your humidity stays around 50%.

It's hard to get all these factors to come together.

And I am new at this as well so please listen to what others have to say.

Can anyone tell if I have it installed wrong? I would imagine the fan would seem to pull and create some negative pressure when i completely seal the tent, but it does not. Temps running high, as if I didnt have it installed :/
Do you have a speed controller on your fan? What type of fan is it in does it sound like an airplane engine when it's running? If so it's on high and if not then it is probably as you say "barely running". Speed controllers can be bought online, they are no more complicated than plugging in your light to a timer. If you go to Home Depot to buy your fan controller, make sure you buy one specifically for fans, a standard light dimmer will not work. Also, whereabouts in your house is your grow occurring? You can always put a fan top and a fan at the bottom of your tent, what size is your tent? Also, can you read on your fan what the CFM rating is?

The other problem I see is that you have 3 90 degree bends in the pipe before it leaves the tent. I don't know the figures, but each bend reduces the airflow by x%. The carbon filter restricts it further but that can't be helped. Can you reposition it - maybe with the fan outside the tent & reduce the bends? I have 2 in mine & get decent airflow on low.

Ian

Hey everyone, thanks for the help. I repositioned to have less bends. It's a dual speed, and I believe it's something like 105cfm , I would have to double check that after lights come back on. I am making a diy air conditioner with an insulated 5 gallon bucket and fan that will push cool air around. There is no air circulation in the room, so I think if I can get the overall room temperature down by a few degrees it will help. I will keep you all posted :)

Hey everyone, thanks for the help. I repositioned to have less bends. It's a dual speed, and I believe it's something like 105cfm , I would have to double check that after lights come back on. I am making a diy air conditioner with an insulated 5 gallon bucket and fan that will push cool air around. There is no air circulation in the room, so I think if I can get the overall room temperature down by a few degrees it will help. I will keep you all posted :)
That item that you were talking about with the fan and the small water pump and the bucket is called a swamp cooler. I found that it worked in my tent, it also helps to increase humidity. If you find that it doesn't work effectively, you can fill the center area of the bucket with a frozen 2 liter water bottle. Basically this item is working as a condenser or a small air conditioner. You will have to fill up your water reservoir at least once a day. Evaporation is very evident.

Back
Top Bottom