Want a second opinion on lowest leaves

BrokrnEyes

It's been awhile since I did a LST on autoflower (white widow) but about a week into flower I noticed the oldest leaves have yellowed. These are the lowest leaves and are definitely not getting any sunlight, would you say I'm right in assuming the plants are just discarding useless leaves rather than this being a nitrogen issue that just started at flower? (Sidenote, I really can't see it even been a nitrogen deficiency in the first place, the plants have shown classic nutrient burn symptoms earlier in the grow.)

Hey B E,

As I'm sure you know by now, yellowing of lower leaves is common when a plant flowers, but in my experience, if it's getting enough nitrogen that happens less or not at all--at least not until you do any pre-harvest flush.

You say you had nute burn earlier in the grow. I'm going to guess that the plant got over it and managed to at least use up all the nitrogen in the time since so now it is having to steal that mobile nutrient from the lower leaves.

In any case, I don't think anyone freaks out about a few yellow leaves at the bottom of the plant as harvest approaches.

Back
Top Bottom