Co2 assist

Jackalope

After multiple grows now in the same set up I have found cool results. My primary room was a home made 4x6x8 with a 1000 watt HPS. After 2 grows with it I added a 4x4x8 tent with a 600 watt light. The old room was taller so I always kept the tallest pheno's in it. The tent was on the other side of the room. First 2 grows this way both tents were on the same light schedule. The room has always put out really nice plants. each strain produced well in its own way. Some rock hard some fluffy. The tent plants have did well but were never as big or produced as much. I had thought this was only because they were smaller to begin with. Also the first grow in the tent was a 600 watt the second a 1000 watt. I know more light meant bigger buds. They still did not do quite as well.
This last grow I alternated the lights so only one was on at a time. I still split off the shorter plants to the tent. This time the tent plants seemed to grow a lot better. Still slightly shorter but the buds were forming up a lot better and plants grew taller.
CONCLUSION: I have a small gas heater in the room. It keeps the temps from being to cold. It is great working but old. The fact that is right next to my original closet. I'm sure there are plenty of places where Co2 is being leaked into the room. When both grows where going on at the same time. There was not enough extra or draft to get across the room to the tent. When the lights were on opposite times. The tent was able to pull the Co2 across the room when it didn't have to compete with the closet.
I decided a long time ago I didn't need to F*#k around with trying to produce more Co2. Everything had always did fine without it. If extra Co2 wants to jump in and help all on its own who's to Bitch.
So I plan to smile and act like I planned it that way. :thumb:

So I plan to smile and act like I planned it that way. :thumb:

LMAO.... Well at least you're making progress. The C02 thing has me a little baffled. Some say it's not needed and some swear by it. As long as you are getting good results then that is all that matters.

LMAO.... Well at least you're making progress. The C02 thing has me a little baffled. Some say it's not needed and some swear by it. As long as you are getting good results then that is all that matters.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with heat and humidity. More heat and humidity = More CO2 needed. Having said that.. can you have too much CO2?

I'm pretty sure it has to do with heat and humidity. More heat and humidity = More CO2 needed. Having said that.. can you have too much CO2?
I get the concept but heat + humidity in a closed off room can = all kinds of other issues. As long as he is getting errr done that is all that matters. :) I love success stories.

No I don't think you can add to much Co2 if it is done within reason. If it is there and not needed no big deal. I know of a outlaw grower that fills a whole bedroom full of plants. Up to 45 plants at a time. All those plants take up a lot of Co2. He does not use Co2 any more and hasn't for years.
To really take advantage of extra Co2 you need to ramp up nutrients to keep up with fast growth. This means problems can hit harder because the metabolize everything faster.
In the long run just make sure you are replacing old air regularly. Plenty Co2 that way. Leave Co2 for the ware house grows.

Back
Top Bottom