Canna Cat?

Jackalope

I have a male plant that I want to keep. I would like to keep it in veg and take clone if I need pollen. I don't really have a place for a father plant. I know of a lot of situations of animals eating pot plants. and it doesn't hurt them. A friends great dane used to vacuum up fan leaves as they were cut when trimming.
I have a room the cats hang out in. It is away from everything. I know a cat would end up killing a small plant. Would a larger established plant survive with a couple cats grazing on it. They are totally indoor cats and don't have access to grass. The rough pot leaves should be good for them you would think.

Any thoughts on This?

Think it varies on the cat, as one of mine eats them and the other has no desire to (I tested it with a Male plant as I was curious). So some might just graze on it and others you might come back to a stick in the soil is all as they ate all the leaves off.

Yeah I always offer my pup his leafy greens. I'm sure it would be okay, if that cat is ok. I agree with Dwight every animal is different. On one journal I was subbed to, they were cat sitting for a friend and the cat destroyed and ate all the vegging plants.....

I am going to have to regenerate it first. Then get it established again. Then I will probably give it a try. I know I can find another one if needed. Should at least be interesting.

I would advise against allowing cats into your marijuana grow space. Cats eat plant material to aid in the digestion of coarse material such as bones and hair. Cats are affected by cannabinoids and it is fairly cruel to subject small pets to the effects of marijuana as they lack higher reasoning skills and will eat the plant by instinct, your basically forcing them to do it.

In addition, they may decide that the growth medium is a good place for them to make poo and pee, you dont want to consume anything a cat has shit or pissed in.

There are ways to discourage your cats from chewing on the leaves of your male, but the only sure fire way to do this is to prevent access.

First off. I would never let a cat or any animal in my grow. I plan on a trial period buy giving the cats access to it for short periods to see how they react to it. If things go well I will consider longer periods.
I agree to much could be bad for a cat. A leaf here and there shouldn't be a problem. Should be ok for the plant and the cat if done correctly.
If it is dirt a cat will shit in it. So of course you need to make steps to make sure they don't.

A list of plants that can be poisonous to cats(google plants poisonous to cats)

Amaryllis (Amaryllis sp.)
Autumn Crocus (Colchicum autumnale)
Azaleas and Rhododendrons (Rhododendron sp.)
Castor Bean (Ricinus communis)
Chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum sp.)
Cyclamen (Cyclamen sp.)
English Ivy (Hedera helix)
Kalanchoe (Kalanchoe sp.)
Lilies (Lilium sp.)
Marijuana (Cannabis sativa)
Oleander (Nerium oleander)
Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum sp.)
Pothos (Epipremnum aureum)
Sago Palm (Cycas revoluta)
Spanish thyme (Coleus ampoinicus)
Tulip and Narcissus bulbs (Tulipa and Narcissus sp.)
Yew (Taxus sp.)

It probably wont kill them but it isnt wise. Good luck with your endeavors.

Thanks dom2mac. I figure that that would probably mean budded marijuana. I have seen many cats that have ate pot and never were bothered. In the end it only takes once. It is not that big of a deal . Always better to be safe and not sorry.

Back
Top Bottom