Any one know what could be causing this?

Jazz Kiwi

Have 30 seeds. Had em for almost 2 years of say. Bag seed of a hermie plant. Got 10 germing right now and well none of them have popped. They look like good seeds andI had a few pop last year in fact all three I tried. Well anyways I've tried several methods now with the same ten. First I had em in a paper towel damp not soaking in between 2 dishes. Didn't work. They sat like that for about a week and a half. So then I tried just sticking a few in the dirt and left some in paper towel. Days pass and nothing. So I try putting them all in water and they all sunk to the bottom right away and have been sitting there for 4 days now. I think they are most likely dead but I hate the though of throwing them out. I have 20 more so I put two straight in some soil and gave em a slight watering. This was yesterday evening and I'm hoping they sprout and I added 3 more do a fresh paper towel in the dishes and they have been sitting in the dark since last night as well. My question is why would so many seeds not pop. They did the job last year. Any way what could have possibly happened to them to make this so. I'm about to get my setup finished and im not gunna have any plants:/ ugh it's driving me mad cause ive never had an issue with germinating seeds. I might just have to order some I guess but I don't really want to. Seeds were in a container ith some left over weed scraps and a tad weed ash. Maybe the ash killed em?

First off they will probably be hermie plants. That said put a piece of sand paper in a in a small match box. Put the seeds in and shake it around for a while. you don't have to be real rough just shake them for a while. Then soak the seeds in a cup of water over night. Then use the same paper towel method.
You might want to crack one open to see if it is all dry or if there is a nice white ball in it.

First off they will probably be hermie plants. That said put a piece of sand paper in a in a small match box. Put the seeds in and shake it around for a while. you don't have to be real rough just shake them for a while. Then soak the seeds in a cup of water over night. Then use the same paper towel method.
You might want to crack one open to see if it is all dry or if there is a nice white ball in it.
Yea had a feeling they might be hermies. All I got tho atm. But I think it was a plant that had nanners at the very end of its life cycle that the guy didn't take care of caused by stress. Dont know if that changes anything aboit the genetics of the seeds. I crushed one the other day and it was wet and had some white shit in it for sure. It was one of the ones sitting in the glass of water tho so it had been soaking for a few days. Ill have to test it with aone of the others. I think the seeds are just dead now for some reason. They were at my parents house that I left during the hot summer and my dad just threw em in a box in the garage. Idk if they got to hot or something. Its hot where they live. I'm prob just gunna have to buy some good genetics. What website would you recommend for buying seeds?

Sensible has always done good by me. Attitude is another I have used with success. Plus a bunch I haven't used that others have. Seedsman and Crop King.
It all depends on price and what you are willing to do for seeds. IE sending cash, waiting for 2 to 4 weeks for delivery. Seed orders to the UK from USA take a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks.

Not worried about time or anything. Ive heard not to order to your grow tho and that's the only place I could have them ordered to. My brother should be sending me some so hopefully he does. If not I guess ill have to spend the money I wanted to buy other things for growing on some seeds. It a all gravy either way as long as I get to put some in the dirt haha.

Yeah best to use a different address. Matters where you live. Some places have postal boxes for rent. Also a good friend that doesn't grow could receive shipping. Where are you located?

Georgia. Dont know anyone here besides them and I'm staying with them for a lil longer before I get back to my home state of Colorado

Back
Top Bottom