Plant logistics

Stunned

Hey! I hope all had a great Christmas and have a great New Year :roorrip:

I have my first grow going that's at about the 30 day mark.
I thought of doing a journal but by the time I joined up, my babies were already way out of the soil. I thought, ok, next time.
I'm growing in coco, 4 gallon pots in a 3X3 tent. 2 Only!
When I need to feed them, I mix up a 1 gallon container and do it in the bathtub... let it drain to waste and then move them back under the lights in the tent. Has been working quite well until now.

So, a buddy of mine whos been growing for quite awhile comes by to pay a visit. Of course I cant wait to show him my project. When I tell him I plan on scrogging it, he says, "how are you going to water it then... let alone flush it?"

Oh.... yeah. I plan on........
scratching my head now lol
The tent is in a carpeted spare room on the bedroom floor at my sister in law's (another whole story)
How am I going to drain to waste once it's entrenched in the scrog and how to flush?
Maybe I'm over thinking this... maybe I'm half baked.... prob both.
Anyone with advice, please chime in!

IMG_20171229_085843_1_.jpg

This is what I do...

As you can see im using 5gal fabric pots that are 12" in diameter and these large white totes.. However, you dont want your pots sitting in the run off so what you want to do it put something under the plant to keep it about 3" or so off the bottom. I use a shitty tupperware container thats about 5"x5" because thats what I had on hand. I would recommend the following if you do this though.. Go get yourself some 3/8" PVC bulkhead fittings and pop those suckers in the side of your containers and join them together with tubing and a valve so that you can easily drain the runoff/flush.. otherwise you're gonna be like me, yelling for your wife to come grab the container and dump it out while you have a plant suspended in mid air because its all tangled in a scrog.. Learn from my mistakes young padawon.

Back
Top Bottom