What's on your daily checklist?

madge

What's on your daily checklist? I'm sure this has been discussed before, but my search seems to turn up little on the subject...

I am a new grower on my second grow now. I am planning on printing up a nice daily checklist and was wondering what I am missing. (I will update this post with anything suggested that makes sense)

Daily Checklist
  • Medicate and do not freak out!
  • Photograph Garden (One photo of whole garden or one per crop)
  • Check PH and Level of DWC reservoir
  • Check plants and water as necessary
  • Check / record room temps and humidity
  • Check / record average leaf temp using IR
  • Enter a daily log in Grow Journal
  • Fill humidifier and or empty dehumidifier
  • Check bug/sticky traps

Weekly Checklist (weekend)
  • Photograph each individual plant
  • Check over each plant carefully and note any issues
  • measure each plant and record height
  • Check and record RO water PH from reservoir
  • Clean up entire room (lab/prep area), sweep / mop
  • Apply preventative pest control measures if required
  • Check timers and wiring for excessive heat/loose cables

Pre/Post crop Checklist
  • Scrub walls and floors with bleach of room

Nothing wrong with a check list. Plants can easily distract you. I don't do a check list but I do " Do things in a certain order " . By doing this the same way every day it works the same way. Another way to double check everything is to spend time with your plants when you are not working on them. I find lots of little things that could go unnoticed at these times.

That's a thorough list! My favorite item of course is "Medicate and do not freak out!" ;)

I don't have a formal list, but I do have a very detailed spreadsheet with most of those items on it, so it amounts to the same thing. I find that recording the details in columns and rows and then being able to look at the trends is helpful and interesting, though I'm sure people who are more seat-of-the-pants do just as well or better. It is really useful to have a permanent record that you can refer back to.

The one thing that I check that I didn't see on your list is reservoir water temperature, because mine tended to be too high.

I don't really have a checklist but I do try to do certain things and in a certain order.

Before Christmas and family messed up my ordering I was generally watering twice a week, with Monday being nutes and Friday being plain water. Every day I check both veg and flower tents and check each plant inside. I grow with soil and I'll usually pick up and hand weigh each pot to see if they need a watering though having a typical watering schedule helps for knowing when to water. I also keep a journal of sorts with basic info on my plants, mostly when watered and with what, though I'll probably modify what info I record at some point. Most stuff I do daily is kinda on a mental checklist but since most of it doesn't need to be done daily it's more of a tick off what needs to be done that day and the rest of the time just pay attention to your plants and deal with whatever issue arises when it arises. Like those damn fungus gnats I got an infestation of, I don't bother with them daily but I'll try to keep mostly on top of things like spraying and moving/replacing sticky traps every few days/weeks.

What's on your daily checklist? I'm sure this has been discussed before, but my search seems to turn up little on the subject...

I am a new grower on my second grow now. I am planning on printing up a nice daily checklist and was wondering what I am missing. (I will update this post with anything suggested that makes sense)

Daily Checklist
  • Medicate and do not freak out!
  • Photograph Garden (One photo of whole garden or one per crop)
  • Check PH and Level of DWC reservoir
  • Check plants and water as necessary
  • Check / record room temps and humidity
  • Check / record average leaf temp using IR
  • Enter a daily log in Grow Journal
  • Fill humidifier and or empty dehumidifier
  • Check bug/sticky traps

Weekly Checklist (weekend)
  • Photograph each individual plant
  • Check over each plant carefully and note any issues
  • measure each plant and record height
  • Check and record RO water PH from reservoir
  • Clean up entire room (lab/prep area), sweep / mop
  • Apply preventative pest control measures if required
  • Check timers and wiring for excessive heat/loose cables

Pre/Post crop Checklist
  • Scrub walls and floors with bleach of room

A checklist is a reflection of great work ethic...

My work ethic is mediocre at best :c...

I just water my plants and check for pests lol

Back
Top Bottom