How many strains do you keep on hand?

Jackalope

For basic use I try to keep at least 4 strains on hand. Mostly it is way over that with small stashes of my favorite strains. Morning, mid-day, afternoon, and of course evening weed. When you smoke or medicate all day long it is hard to do with just 1 strain. Some strains can do most but none can do it all. Right now my 4 strains are.
Lavender x Da Purps. 1 plant great morning and daytime weed, the other 2 will make you stupid and are better for afternoon and nighttime.
Super Lemon Haze. Mostly daytime but great in the early evening when you have plans.
Em Dog. This is my go to evening weed. Great flavor and nice relaxing buzz.
Tahoe Og. This is my nighttime weed though it could easily be used for mid-day on. It is just the strongest indica so it best for sleep.
All these can be used in varying amounts at different times. There are always the days where pain or weather keeps you inside and you start with the indica LMAO.

Personally, I can't detect any difference between the effects of different strains other than some are more potent than others. I have always suspected that any perceived differences were just placebo effect (but I realize that's a minority opinion).

That said, I guess I must have various cannabis products from half a dozen different strains on hand, but that's mostly because I can't resist shopping now that it's legal here, and I because like to grow different strains.

The ends of the spectrum is where you will find the most difference in pot strains. The pure or almost pure sativa's and indica's tend to be easier to tell the difference. Hybrids these days tend to blend high types rather well. A nice creative sativa smoked to late at night will have my mind wondering and not sleeping. The same in a indica strain might have me laid back mid-day when I still have shit to do. With THC content being higher these days. Strength is also a issue. Smoking a nice 16% to 18% sativa dominate strain is a lot different then smoking a 25% to 30% mostly sativa. Strains that I always avoided because they were not as strong as others. I am finding new uses and places for in my life for. I'm never surprised when I like a strong strain. I've have been surprised as hell at how much I have liked 16% strain though.

Back
Top Bottom