220W Neon Lights For Vegetation

Lethaldose

420 Member
Hello, Im not sure where to post this so if this is wrong board then tell me.

But I was thinking of buying vegetation space for my plants with 60x60x90cm stats and I was wondering if I can use 220W Neon lights to vegetate them till the very end before I switch off to flowering? I plan on training them alot as well and grow them on soil. Planning on maybe 4 or 6 plants.

Neon will most likely not work or give poor results. The bulbs we use have a color spectrum that the plants can use. Cfls will work, either the compact ones or the tubes, LEDs are a great option, or yiu could get a small metal halide fixture. Your space is small and shouldnt need a lot of light so it shouldn't be too expensive to fit something in there. Check out out site sponsors. Sponsors | 420 MAGAZINE (R)

A lot of people are building there own leds and thats a good option as well. Also that space may be too small to veg 4 plants to preflip. I would look for something a bit bigger or try to mount your light from the outside. I have a 1'x2'x2' cab its really small but i also feel that my 4'x4'x7' flower tent is too small. Good luck

Neon will most likely not work or give poor results. The bulbs we use have a color spectrum that the plants can use. Cfls will work, either the compact ones or the tubes, LEDs are a great option, or yiu could get a small metal halide fixture. Your space is small and shouldnt need a lot of light so it shouldn't be too expensive to fit something in there. Check out out site sponsors. Sponsors | 420 MAGAZINE (R)

A lot of people are building there own leds and thats a good option as well. Also that space may be too small to veg 4 plants to preflip. I would look for something a bit bigger or try to mount your light from the outside. I have a 1'x2'x2' cab its really small but i also feel that my 4'x4'x7' flower tent is too small. Good luck

Aight, thanks man. I have 2 CFLS 125watt AGGRO, do you think those would suffice? The thing is, thats the kinda tent that would be possible on my unemployed budget and would fit my room but I will have to look in to a bigger one.

Heat may be an issue with two. Id give it a try though and see where my temps are before putting in plants. Youll probably want to do a scrog to maximize space and keep them low.
Aight man, thanks. I think I found a tent that was 75x75x130. But I just started flowering the ladies in the main tent so Im not in that much of a hurry to get to vegetate.

Back
Top Bottom