1st time grow help

connorfor20

I'm wanting to set up my first grow (Cash crop auto) I was wondering what I will need eg tent nutrients etc all which will need to be eligible for purchase online from the uk any help on lights, times or equipment would be very helpful

I'm wanting to set up my first grow (Cash crop auto) I was wondering what I will need eg tent nutrients etc all which will need to be eligible for purchase online from the uk any help on lights, times or equipment would be very helpful

In fact which seed will create the beast yield while containing a high THC percentage?

In fact which seed will create the beast yield while containing a high THC percentage?
How large of a space are you trying to grow in? Will you have separate vegetative and flowering areas? Or you growing for yourself only enough needed for yourself are you trying to profit? How many times a year do you intend to harvest? Soil or Hydroponics? What is your budget? How much time every day do you have to spend on your grow?

Thanks for your reply I'll have roughly 8 hours a day to tend to my plants and I'm looking for a grow tent big enough for 4 plants all will be done in same area

I wouldn't recommend autos for a first timer , Im at grow #3 and autos need a gardener that knows his shit.
With Photos feminised you can make mistakes in veg and wait till they come around and then you switch and try not to kill them in flower ...with autos you can't wait they will flower when time comes either way ... so no I got some midget plants that will yield nothing when I could have photos 2-3 weeks longer but way bigger yields .

Nobody told me that...

now .. actual grow related ...
4 plantscan grow very nice in 1x1m tent , if you can get a tent higher than 2m it's better, you have more volume for air even if the autos don't grow that high , high is better .

you can grow with a choice of lights, best bang for $ is hps/mh , one piece of electronic balast 600w (dimmable) , one barn holder and 600 hps and a 400WMetal halide for veg will give you the biggest yields for the lowest price . if money is not aproblem there are many other lights to choose from , COB's seem to be good , CMH also , Gavitas etc. , but HPS+MH will do the trick for the lowest price (like if you go led you will need about 5x more money in lights to get the same results)

cooling/air extraction , very important !!! carbon filters are cheap even the brand names , and they do work , you can get away maybe first month without one but in flower everybody passing near your house will know . Start with 1 m3/h for 1 w of light (hps ) so , 600m3 filter with the mated fan .

medium ... I think the easiest is coco , just think ahead an build a raised tray so the nutes can drain

nutrients.... this is not easy ... they all work , every single one ! I'm sure. Most important thing with nutrients is your understanding of them , I would say choose a brand name and stick with it (its mostly water, piss and marketing anyway) by the time you understand how things work you will already have a few grows done .

after you set up the grow you will not need more than 1 hour a day . and that if you mix your nutes daily , there are also automated feed systems but 4 plants first grow I would hand feed to keep an eye on them .

there's a coco section on this forum , you'll get more info there.

I think an auto grow can go ok for a first timer. Just read a lot about first. But yes there is precious little time - they move fast!!

If you do go with auto, minimum 18/6 light schedule or your plants will be small. 20/4 works well and some go 24/0 but others claim plants need sleep too, and that seems right intuitively.

Check out Wounded Knee's grow. It was his first grow, he used autos (in coco) and he absolutely killed it!! Good genetics play a part, lighting is super important and, many say, environment is everything so research climate control methods (temp, humidity, airflow). These are the things that can make or break an indoor grow. Outdoors I have little control, it's 93% humidity here right now and not a breath of wind!! All I can do is wait for the sun to come out and the wind to pick up .

You can also get good results running regular seeds on a 12/12 schedule from seed which makes them behave a bit like autos. They'll reach sexual maturity and flower when they're ready. Worth checking out.

Best wishes with your research - you've come to the right place. Read journals of people growing the way you think you'd like to and post question there for them. Most folks don't mind that.

I think an auto grow can go ok for a first timer. Just read a lot about first. But yes there is precious little time - they move fast!!

If you do go with auto, minimum 18/6 light schedule or your plants will be small. 20/4 works well and some go 24/0 but others claim plants need sleep too, and that seems right intuitively.

Check out Wounded Knee's grow. It was his first grow, he used autos (in coco) and he absolutely killed it!! Good genetics play a part, lighting is super important and, many say, environment is everything so research climate control methods (temp, humidity, airflow). These are the things that can make or break an indoor grow. Outdoors I have little control, it's 93% humidity here right now and not a breath of wind!! All I can do is wait for the sun to come out and the wind to pick up .

You can also get good results running regular seeds on a 12/12 schedule from seed which makes them behave a bit like autos. They'll reach sexual maturity and flower when they're ready. Worth checking out.

Best wishes with your research - you've come to the right place. Read journals of people growing the way you think you'd like to and post question there for them. Most folks don't mind that.

Thank you for such an in depth reply exactly the sort of reply I was looking for I think I'll go for feminised seeds no auto and I'm going to make sure I do my research before wasting useful resources and precious time. The love from other users on this page is second to none

I wouldn't recommend autos for a first timer , Im at grow #3 and autos need a gardener that knows his shit.
With Photos feminised you can make mistakes in veg and wait till they come around and then you switch and try not to kill them in flower ...with autos you can't wait they will flower when time comes either way ... so no I got some midget plants that will yield nothing when I could have photos 2-3 weeks longer but way bigger yields .

Nobody told me that...

now .. actual grow related ...
4 plantscan grow very nice in 1x1m tent , if you can get a tent higher than 2m it's better, you have more volume for air even if the autos don't grow that high , high is better .

you can grow with a choice of lights, best bang for $ is hps/mh , one piece of electronic balast 600w (dimmable) , one barn holder and 600 hps and a 400WMetal halide for veg will give you the biggest yields for the lowest price . if money is not aproblem there are many other lights to choose from , COB's seem to be good , CMH also , Gavitas etc. , but HPS+MH will do the trick for the lowest price (like if you go led you will need about 5x more money in lights to get the same results)

cooling/air extraction , very important !!! carbon filters are cheap even the brand names , and they do work , you can get away maybe first month without one but in flower everybody passing near your house will know . Start with 1 m3/h for 1 w of light (hps ) so , 600m3 filter with the mated fan .

medium ... I think the easiest is coco , just think ahead an build a raised tray so the nutes can drain

nutrients.... this is not easy ... they all work , every single one ! I'm sure. Most important thing with nutrients is your understanding of them , I would say choose a brand name and stick with it (its mostly water, piss and marketing anyway) by the time you understand how things work you will already have a few grows done .

after you set up the grow you will not need more than 1 hour a day . and that if you mix your nutes daily , there are also automated feed systems but 4 plants first grow I would hand feed to keep an eye on them .

there's a coco section on this forum , you'll get more info there.

I will most definitely take this advice on board, Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and help me out it honestly means a lot, What an amazing community and also very knowledgable I will start pricing items up and see what is avail W to purchase where I am

Thank you for such an in depth reply exactly the sort of reply I was looking for I think I'll go for feminised seeds no auto and I'm going to make sure I do my research before wasting useful resources and precious time. The love from other users on this page is second to none

I will most definitely take this advice on board, Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and help me out it honestly means a lot, What an amazing community and also very knowledgable I will start pricing items up and see what is avail W to purchase where I am

Cool - I'm sure you're gonna do great! Check out the 420mag sponsors here for supplies. They're all reputable and they have extra kudos because they sponsor this site, and without them it wouldn't be what it is today!

Oh - and be sure to post a link back here if/when you start a journal so I'll know. I'm subbed to this thread now (because I replied) so I'll get a notification when there's a new post.

Back
Top Bottom