SCRoG - Am I doing this correctly

BTzGrow

Hi everyone, I'm very new to 420Mag here and just about as new to growing. I'm about 7 weeks into my first indoor grow. You can read a bit about my start in my introduction. My question today is about SCRoG netting and if what I did looks about right or do I need any correction on my current application.

The first picture is after I installed in my tent. I measured my plant and found the top to be at about 20". I then put small duct tape strips at that height on my corner poles. I put a zip tie wrap around and above the tape and then slip a couple of tie wraps open inside the pipe tie. I then hung the net into place and tried to take up as much slack as possible.
IMG_250528.jpg

The second picture is one day later and as you can see the plant is pushing up into the screen netting.
IMG_250826.jpg

I have ordered and should receive a couple of sets tomorrow 1/26/18 of the Gorilla Grow Indoor Tent High CFM Kit, which are bars that clip to my existing vertical corner poles. My intent is to be able to draw the slack on the sides of the netting over to the bars that run around the outside of the tent.

Today I'm going to do a little LST on the two branch stems that grew out from the node below my topping point.

Thoughts Please

Thanks for input, I have put my plant in the final pot for the grow. That's part of the reason I had to wait so long and she got so tall. So I'm guessing that my net install is about normal, kind of?

Thanks for the input on the weaving. I was curious about the weaving and if or should. So my question is at this point should I help the stems that are pushing up on the net around and through the net and then gently bend into the weaving to the adjacent netting holes? That has been my take from what I have read in tutorials so far.

Thanks for input, I have put my plant in the final pot for the grow. That's part of the reason I had to wait so long and she got so tall. So I'm guessing that my net install is about normal, kind of?

Thanks for the input on the weaving. I was curious about the weaving and if or should. So my question is at this point should I help the stems that are pushing up on the net around and through the net and then gently bend into the weaving to the adjacent netting holes? That has been my take from what I have read in tutorials so far.

I'm not your best resource, I'm interested as well. On my 3rd grow and my first attempts at Scrog. 5x5 tent and only permitted to have two budding plants. I lowered the net into my canopy and started spreading it out.
33fcbd706d049a56cce1ca4a1c03fea4.jpg
e35197eea817e980316091261e83d5c4.jpg

Wow!!! how old was you plant when you dropped you screen in. Additionally, did you do any topping before hand and if so how many times? Thanks for sharing!:thumb:

I didn't pay attention to age. I topped them once as baby's so it split at first nodes. Then after a few weeks of additional LST to get her bushy. Then I transplanted, lowered my screen until any lower would break a branch and spread it out. Usually I do a lot of supercropping but think I'm saving that to help keep things even during the stretch. I just flipped my lights last night. I bet my screen is no more than 12 inches from dirt.

yup, thats key. Get that scrog as close to the dirt as you can and force that thing to grow sideways when it goes into it's stretch phase. I got mive to 8 inches from the top of the pot and all growing has been sideways until the first buds have shown up and this last 6 inches is whats allowed to poke up through the netting

I'm scrogging for the first time, myself. After checking forums & videos, I decided to use reinforced wire fencing w/ 2"x3" mesh. I happened to have a roll in my shed, so it was cheap & convenient. I attached it to my tent with non-slip pads & cable ties.

I vegged mine for 35 days, fim-ing at 21 days, before I installed the screen; per various advice, it is installed 12" from the top of my soil.

They've been under the screen for 7 days. Tomorrow, I'm going to flip the lights. So far, I'm extremely happy with how it's going. My only concern is how big a pain in the butt it's going to be to reach everything for trimming the bottom growth, and feeding/watering.

The photo was taken 2 days ago. Right now, the plants in the middle have actually caught-up to the others.
20180124_133241.jpg

Thanks for your very nice picture, all those FIM'ing points look like there going to be some very delish buds. It's also nice to see 6 plants in enclosure basically the size of my tent. I'm going to be very interest in knowing what your yield is. Please keep me/us posted with your results.

I have a grow journal going on my scrog. It's my first grow journal! I started it when I installed the screen. This is my 4th grow, but my first scrog.

If you start a journal for your scrog, let us know. We can go on an adventure, together!

I'd really like to check out your grow journal on this scrog and grow. However, I seem to still be having noob issues with finding things and wandering around finding where things are. If you could please send me a PM with the name of your GL or a link here. Are the Grow Logs found under "View forum posts"? or where? I found a section in the growers lounge I think for logs and actually found where they award prizes for the Grow Log of the Month. But couldn't find where or how one starts a log and maybe a sample format typically followed if there is one? Thanks

I'll post a link for you. The Grow Journals are in the Growers forum. If you get to the main forum menu, scroll down to the Grow Room. The journals are near the top of that section.

OK! I had ordered and received today my Gorilla LITE LINE Indoor Grow Tent High CFM Kit. They looked to me like they could be dual purpose in holding the side of my nylon screen out and taking up the slack.
IMG_252023.jpg
IMG_252319.jpg
IMG_252225.jpg
IMG_252130.jpg

My idea was pretty much right on what I had in mind and I feel I have a much better setup than originally created a couple of days ago.

I was also able to move the screen down to 8 inches over the soil, so it's adjustable in the moment. I went with the Nylon as I wanted a screen that would be slightly flexible and easy to work with. Additionally it is very light weight and will be easy to deal with during chop down time. (IMHO) At the very least the install was supper easy and even more quick than I had anticipated.

I'd really like to check out your grow journal on this scrog and grow. However, I seem to still be having noob issues with finding things and wandering around finding where things are. If you could please send me a PM with the name of your GL or a link here. Are the Grow Logs found under "View forum posts"? or where? I found a section in the growers lounge I think for logs and actually found where they award prizes for the Grow Log of the Month. But couldn't find where or how one starts a log and maybe a sample format typically followed if there is one? Thanks
Here is the link to my journal full of first timer mistakes...

Themaddabber's Hempy Bucket Bathtub Grow 2017

Mistakes are good learning points so long as you catch them quick enough!

Back
Top Bottom