Stealth Drying Cabinet

mrbowtie

I have built a drying cabinet, tell me what you think.

It has a fan hooked to a charcoal filter on a timer to control humidity. It has an intake in the bottom.

It has a small heater plugged into a thermostat to keep it around 68-71.

It is completely sealed and when the door is closed you cannot smell anything.

102_03971.jpg

102_03962.jpg

102_0399.jpg

Wow... mrbowtie your drying cabinet looks really professional, you need to find a away to simplify you design then start to sale them bad boys. Lol

For real though, good effort brother and i'm sure your humidity should be fine with those in and out vents!

Have you run any test yet?

Hey there fellas,
Thanks for the the positive feed back. The humidity is pretty stable with the fan being run 15 min on and 15 min off, only when they are just clipped does it climb a litter higher than I want it did the same thing when I hung them in a room to dry. I have a min max thermometer to make sure everything is golden.. I have thought about a circulating fan inside but the vent fan pulls a pretty good draft from the bottom up through the bud.

Looks good mrbowtie. Can you give the details of your charcoal filter / fan units? Size, CFM, that type of thing. thanks!

The charcoal filter is a 4" I think it was a $100 at the hydro store. The fan is a cheap little duct booster fan from home depot I think about $28 bought it awhile ago for an intake fan, not sure about the cfm but it is not very many you can still feel suction on the filter though. I hope this helps if not let me know and I will try to help out.

thats awesome. i was planning on building something similar. can you tell me how you sealed the door air tight? weather stripping? any other problems u ran into, or any tips you have would be much appreciated. thanks. +reps

Back
Top Bottom