What is the best trimming machine? Expensive is fine if it works

daxus2

Need to move up to machine trimmer...advice, anyone? Want the best from you guys and your experience or your friends. Can't get clipped quick enough and my local clipper staff is slacking

:cheer:

I've used other models from the same company (trimpro original and trimbox leaf trimming machine) but not this one specifically. They tend to be useful for ripping off the fan leafs and larger nug leaf but a detailed secondary trim will still be needed and that's where things get time consuming. They also tend to destroy the outer layer trichs. When we looked at the nugs with a scope afterwords it looked like a forest of decapitated trichomes.

Also, the prices on these machines are ludicrous for what you get, and you'll still have to trim everything by hand afterwards. Youre basically paying for a high powered fan with a steel rotary blade. The blade itself is usually quality steel while everything else is cheap aluminum or some other synthetic material. They're only quiet when new, and they need constant cleaning to operate efficiently. If you have trimmers that don't take trimming serious than the upkeep on these things will be a problem for your crew. You really have to scrape and clean the blades constantly to make any use of these.

Unless I was doing a huge commercial grow I wouldn't spend money on them--even then I would think about what I'm trading off in terms of qc. I would rather deleaf the plant by hand and trim em old school myself.

I have used many different trimming machines. The twister 2 is the best imo. One tip, coat trimming blades with Pam cooking spray to prevent resin buildup.

I have a Spin pro. You can get it with a spin handle or an electric motor, or just upgrade later. Makes perfect little buds in about 20 spins. I trim Colas by hand. If you have super sticky buds i would not recommend a trimmer. They arms inside man handle the bud alot. But if your looking to trim large amounts quickly its great.

The guys from high times recommenced using a men electric razor. The buzzing kind with the straight line serrated teeth. They go for 20$ ish and if you spend a little bit more you can get a wide top one. They say it works like a charm.

I ran the trim pro last harvest. It does work very fast but bud quality is lost.

I will hand trim in the future. BTW I HATE hand trimming, I love quality weed though.

I also watched a trim pal going to work on dried popcorn bud. It was amazing and for popcorn it works fine. Once again hand trim the good buds for best results.

Watched a video yesterday but can't remember what it was called. Expensive though.

It is a vacuum attached to an internal circular cutter. It sucks up the leaves then cuts them.

Was incredible. It is a hand held device.

Found it

Wander Trimmer | EZTRIM - World's Best Bud Trimmers

Just ordered a new trimmer today. It's a Wander Trimmer. Looks awesome but I hear is clogs easily. The e-bay user I bought it from in pot legal Colorado immerses the cutting head in alcohol for a few minutes every 15 minutes and it self cleans and saves all that nasty gooy trichomes.

I highly recommend this dry trimmer... The Triminator TDry
It just came out this last summer and it is the best on the market that I have found. Great price, easy to use, light weight, really easy to clean, quiet, very effective. It saved me this last season! My favorite part about it is, it doesn't sticky as fast as others I have used because it has a plastic sheer band not metal on metal! So no metal shaving in my smoke! It does as close of a trim as you can get! Love it!!

Original poster we are in the same situation as you I've enquired numerous times on here about the 4600 trim pal. Looks ok but I wanted someone with hands on experience. I assumed since they are a advertiser here that maybe the sponsored someone so people could see a journal of one. But nope. We are harvesting upwards of 15 lbs per month and hand trimming just can't keep up with the other tasks. It's become 10 hours a day 6 days a week cause of the backlog that has been created.

I saw the video. Looks legit but 4600 I'm still leary about. Damn wish there was a journal on it.
Trim pro is a waste of time. We rented one and well hand trimming was still required to get best results.

I've witnessed the TrimPal perform live in person 3 times now, each time just as good as the last. Cut off all of the sticks, toss in a couple of pounds and watch it go like a washing machine, until complete. All 3 people I've watched do this have said it has saved them thousands of hours of trimming and tens of thousands of dollars. Not to mention not having so many people around a sensitive area, which helps security immensely. Turns a 6 person job over 30 days into one person job in a day. Plus you get all of the trimmings already chopped up and ready to make medicine and/or edibles. I've never seen a better trimmer to date, yet. Hope this helps. :Namaste:

Original poster we are in the same situation as you I've enquired numerous times on here about the 4600 trim pal. Looks ok but I wanted someone with hands on experience. I assumed since they are a advertiser here that maybe the sponsored someone so people could see a journal of one. But nope. We are harvesting upwards of 15 lbs per month and hand trimming just can't keep up with the other tasks. It's become 10 hours a day 6 days a week cause of the backlog that has been created.

I saw the video. Looks legit but 4600 I'm still leary about. Damn wish there was a journal on it.
Trim pro is a waste of time. We rented one and well hand trimming was still required to get best results.

Going to do a 3 way comparison soon. But from what I can see so far some main points have been covered here...

1) Colas need to be hand trimmed always
2) Cleaning the trimming machine is an absolute MUST!!
3) Spraying oil or PAM on the machine sounds interesting and may help with performance

In summary I have never seen a trimmer that doesn't screw you a little on bud quality. The automatics are worse than the semi-manual trimmers (Like Trimbox). By design they tumble the weed and in the process you good Tri's are knocked off. If you are a commercial grower then go for it. But if you care about quality and appearance then there is no substitute for hand trimming.

Stay tuned for the Spinpro vs Trimbox vs Trimpro Rotor comparison coming soon.

Wish I could afford some of these spinning ones.. guess I'll just have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom