Harvest Predicament

BC Greenly

420 Member
So, this is my first grow, and according to a popular weed growing website, you can harvest at a few different times depending on the effect you're going for. I would want to wait longer to get more CBN and less anxiety, which is what I'm doing.

Here's the thing... The top main cola of my plant has about 75% of the "hairs" turned brown and curling, and a good portion of the trichomes are brownish in color. According to reading online, this plant is getting pretty close to harvest time. HOWEVER, the secondary colas are not as far along as the main cola. Some are even still completely white haired with no curling and all clear trichomes. What to do?

Harvest her. It sounds like your plant is more than ready to be harvested. Preferably, you can harvest when the hair on your buds begins to turn from clear to white. Red is ok, brown is indicative of being well done. If you want, you can take part of the plant if you have to, but sounds like you are ready to go.

Harvest her. It sounds like your plant is more than ready to be harvested. Preferably, you can harvest when the hair on your buds begins to turn from clear to white. Red is ok, brown is indicative of being well done. If you want, you can take part of the plant if you have to, but sounds like you are ready to go.

I thought about maybe chopping the top main cola off and letting the secondaries continue to grow, but will that large of a cut shock her or will it be all good?

I really don't feel that the secondaries are ready to go and want to give them more time, but the main cola does indeed look ready to go. Is this common? Should I chop it? I definitely want to give the secondary colas more time to grow, but the main question is simply to chop or not to chop the main cola.

Cut the tops that are ready and wait a few weeks or so for the rest to finish. I do this all the time.

There may be some shock to the plant, but do not water directly after chopping & she will recover in a few days.

The lower buds will swell and mature in their own time when the light hits them directly.

I did this^^ with my last indoor Money Maker grow. The plants continued to grow just fine and I was able to harvest the rest of the plants in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom