1st Harvest Ever - Trim Question

Grower23

I'm in the process of harvesting my plants and I'm pulling off the big fan leaves and been trimming the sugar leaves but I'm wondering about the tiny bud leaves (I'm not sure if that's a real term or if it's still considered sugar leaves).

I'm talking about the tiny leaves that are part of the buds. I'm working to trim them off but I notice that when I get down to trimming them it's a tough process and I can see a lot of trichomes get knocked off as I maneuver the pruning shears to cut them out.

Should I leave them or do i continue to cut them out?

IMG_20160821_1821201_rewind.jpg
IMG_20160821_1821088_rewind.jpg
IMG_20160821_1544170_rewind.jpg
IMG_20160821_1213416_rewind.jpg

It would be a toss up for me- I don't like seeing too much green leaf so am usually tempted to cut it off if it's not sugary. It's not important either way though. Discerning smokers say that the small amounts of leafy material make the smoke a bit harsher. I doubt I'm discerning enough to notice much, especially if the the bud is well cured. It depends what you're doing with it- if you're trying to impress anyone with a perfectly trimmed appearance then you may want to go the extra mile. Otherwise probably don't bother. Trimming is hard work and any excuse to do less of it is nice.

Back
Top Bottom