Its time to play - Dank or Mold!

task manager

Hello all, this is my first grow and it went quite well and ive learnt alot. One plant ended up pretty crystaly. I dried it for a week in a cool drafty attic. I also dunked the trimmed branches in weak H202 before drying because I had found and removed a couple of spots of mold. After this week of drying it was pretty dry, sort of brittle dry. I stuffed it into a jar and left it there. Obvs I should have burped like ive learned you should but I was lazy. Anyway Ive been smoking it (small pinches in bongs or vapes because I have a low tolerence and im not that keen on joints) and after smoking this last time I felt like I had a cold come on straight away, which has lasted a couple of days. Im feeling a bit better now. So I thought I'd have a closer look at the weed and it looks like there might be a whitish fuzz on it as well as all the delicious crystals. Damn. Here is a little nuglet, what do you recon?...

Cheerz x

Good news is that white mold isn't toxic like grey and black molds. Bad news as you found is that it triggers allergic reaction, and if you inhale it deeply as you would smoking then reaction could be severe.

options I see:
1) wash buds again in H2O2 solution and dry without lid. You'll get crispier bud but that's only way to keep mold from growing back.
2) try ingesting instead. That may or may not reduce reaction.
3) take benadryl with it. Probably not the wisest option of the 3. Just thinking out loud.

Best of luck salvaging fruits of first grow. :high-five:

Thanks for the reply. Good to know its not toxic.
I think I will dry the shit out of it to try stop any further mold and maybe give it another dunk. I dont really want to wet it again because it will make a mess and might wash away the good stuff (it pretty dry and brittle already), but I certainly dont want any more mold.

Back
Top Bottom