Total Yield - 2 Big Plants vs 4 Small Plants

daverabbit

Just an opinion question for you growers out there.

I have limited space (2x2x4) to grow and obviously I want to maximize my yield. 4 3 gallon pots fit togather nicely inside the tent but the over all height and the pot size mean my plants are always doomed to be on the smaller side.

I'm half way through flower and already planning my next grow which lead me to wonder, am I better off just having 2 big plants (over 2 ft high) as opposed to 4 small (under 2 ft high) guys? I know there are a lot of factors when it comes to yield but generally speaking which would net me more dry ounces?

Thanks!

Hi Dave,

Are you growing photos, or autos. With autos, I would say stick with more plants and top each of them. If you have photos, I think you may do better to grow 2 plants with training. This way you could use the full dimensions of the space. This is just my opinion, you may get better answers.

Hi Dave,

Are you growing photos, or autos. With autos, I would say stick with more plants and top each of them. If you have photos, I think you may do better to grow 2 plants with training. This way you could use the full dimensions of the space. This is just my opinion, you may get better answers.
Sorry, should have been more specific on the plants. They will be photos, most likely Sour Diesel. The ones I have growing now I feel could be a lot bigger if it weren't for the smaller pots they are stuck in. I am also leaning towards 2 big plants for max yield in that space.

Stay on that grind

Sorry, should have been more specific on the plants. They will be photos, most likely Sour Diesel. The ones I have growing now I feel could be a lot bigger if it weren't for the smaller pots they are stuck in. I am also leaning towards 2 big plants for max yield in that space.

Stay on that grind

Yeah, 2 trained photos should be able to give you a large yield. I have little experience with photos, but there are a lot of growers on here training and "fluxing" them. You may want to check out some of their journals.

Back
Top Bottom