Boveda Humidipak 62% For Curing

Rfjdjll2233

Can't seem to find much information on this subject.

I would love to hear how you guys use the humidipaks to cure. I understand some of you only use it for long term storage, but I am interested in hearing how some of you use it on the curing stages.

I put one in the biggest cvault they make after my herb has dried and that's it.

Sent from my iPod touch using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I am trying it out to cure as I currently don't have a hydrometer. I dried, now curing with the pack. Some of the buds got back some moisture.

Found this on their website.

Curing with Boveda is as simple as it is perfect.

1. Dry using normal method until stems break (ideally, a tiny bit further)
2. Jar with Boveda. 4g up to 14g of flower, 8g up to 1 ounce, 60g up to one pound, one 60g per pound.
3. Cure as long as you like, no burping required.
4. Enjoy!

What's happening while it's curing?

Boveda is fine-tuning by adding or removing moisture from the flower to give it the same moisture content throughout the flower. Burping for the sake of moisture isn't necessary, so burp only if you like!

We recommend drying a little past ideal so that Boveda's primary purpose is to give moisture to the flower. That's because it's easy to tell when Boveda needs to be replaced — when the entire thing turns into a fairly solid wafer.

When Boveda's primary use is to remove excess moisture, it'll still be soft and impossible to tell when it's absorbed all it can.

Hi, I ordered 4 x 60g packs of these before xmas should arrive any day now.
What size bag are you using?
I've seen pics of ppl storing their humidipaks in Mason Jars, maybe somebody knows if it's better/ essential to store like this, rather than just the pak. I don't know what a cvault is, I'm guessing it's a secure box?

Hi, I ordered 4 x 60g packs of these before xmas should arrive any day now.
What size bag are you using?
I've seen pics of ppl storing their humidipaks in Mason Jars, maybe somebody knows if it's better/ essential to store like this, rather than just the pak. I don't know what a cvault is, I'm guessing it's a secure box?
I store them in the sealed pack it comes with. I think the Mason jar is great place to store.

I have the smaller pack.

Hi, I got them delivered this morning.
I'm confuzzled. The bag is roughly 2.5" x 5", is full of gel, and is inside another, plain plastic wrapper that would just about hold a dry oz - I wouldn't fit 60gm in it. I thought you put your buds in the bag, that it would be like an envelope, if you know what I mean.
I'm just into week 8 of flower, chop day is 16/1. . So I cut & hang, then put the pak in with a mason jar?
I hope they work, the postage was more expensive than the bags!

Hi, I got them delivered this morning.
I'm confuzzled. The bag is roughly 2.5" x 5", is full of gel, and is inside another, plain plastic wrapper that would just about hold a dry oz - I wouldn't fit 60gm in it. I thought you put your buds in the bag, that it would be like an envelope, if you know what I mean.
I'm just into week 8 of flower, chop day is 16/1. . So I cut & hang, then put the pak in with a mason jar?
I hope they work, the postage was more expensive than the bags!
Try getting them from Amazon free shipping next time.

Put the humidipak in the Mason jar along with your dried bud. Make sure it is dry but not 100% dry because you need to cure.

I am trying it out to cure as I currently don't have a hydrometer.

You can get those little stick ones that tell you temp and RH% for a similar price to the Humidipacks ($10-25 on Amazon depending on brand/shipper), which fit perfectly in the Mason Jars as you want some air space in the jar for curing. I"m not sure if I agree with their "no burping required" as I thought part of the cure process was releasing the gases you don't want (mainly chlorophyll to get rid of the "green hay" taste/smell), but that there is good chemical reactions that take place in the Cure. But like anything in life there is various opinions out there ;) and they seem to be all over the place at times :rofl: If you over 65% RH in your jars it raises the chance of Mold starting and under 50% RH it can turn to dust when you touch it (well ok exaggeration a little but you know what I mean if you have smoked stuff in varying degrees of dryness, and that level is a "personal preference" kind of thing and can vary on how you are smoking it also slightly).

You can get those little stick ones that tell you temp and RH% for a similar price to the Humidipacks ($10-25 on Amazon depending on brand/shipper), which fit perfectly in the Mason Jars as you want some air space in the jar for curing. I"m not sure if I agree with their "no burping required" as I thought part of the cure process was releasing the gases you don't want (mainly chlorophyll to get rid of the "green hay" taste/smell), but that there is good chemical reactions that take place in the Cure. But like anything in life there is various opinions out there ;) and they seem to be all over the place at times :rofl: If you over 65% RH in your jars it raises the chance of Mold starting and under 50% RH it can turn to dust when you touch it (well ok exaggeration a little but you know what I mean if you have smoked stuff in varying degrees of dryness, and that level is a "personal preference" kind of thing and can vary on how you are smoking it also slightly).
I bought 6 or so from AliExpress. They are $1 each free shipping. It takes 30 days from China.

I bought 6 or so from AliExpress. They are $1 each free shipping. It takes 30 days from China.

Odds are roughly 99.9999% that if bought from AliExpress, it's fake or at best, an inferior, pirated knockoff.
When a purchase is important, don't buy from online Chinese bootleg malls.

They're now just under $12 per 10pack from the 'bay or 'zon ...

I have over 5 dozen so far - perfect size for a quart jar.

Odds are roughly 99.9999% that if bought from AliExpress, it's fake or at best, an inferior, pirated knockoff.
When a purchase is important, don't buy from online Chinese bootleg malls.
I will let you know if they work well ;)

The sellers in Amazon buy from AliExpress and just up the price most of the time.

Can't seem to find much information on this subject.

I would love to hear how you guys use the humidipaks to cure. I understand some of you only use it for long term storage, but I am interested in hearing how some of you use it on the curing stages.

I used them once, not only to cure, but for the majority of the drying - and they worked GREAT! I hung the plant to dry for a couple days in a room with 45-50% RH. When the outside of the buds started to get dry, I trimmed them and put them in 1 qt jars with three of the 60 gram Boveda packs which I had dehydrated to maybe about 5% of capacity. Three packs fit the circumference of a 1 qt jar perfectly.

I did it that way because I had to harvest and I had to be somewhere I couldn't have my buds. I was worried the packs wouldn't absorb enough moisture fast enough, but I had no problems. I came back to nice plump Boveda packs which still had some grit in them, so they must have had at least some additional moisture capacity. If you feel grit inside the packs, it has the ability to absorb more water. I don't know why Boveda says they don't recommend for removing moisture, they do it wonderfully and you can tell when it's full just as easily as you can tell when it's empty, at least once it's gotten to the point where it forms crystals inside.

I'll be doing my second harvest in a few days and plan on doing it just slightly differently. This time I'm going to use up to 27 of the 60 gram packs in a sealed plastic box with a footprint roughly 18"x12" and about 12" tall. I'll line the bottom and sides with as many packs as I can fit and hang the rest from the lid. I'll probably put a small fan in there to help even out the moisture. From everything I read, if you go below a certain RH (60%?) , the curing stops and will never start again. Keeping them at 62% seems like the best way to make sure that doesn't happen.

Incidentally, if you get these off Amazon (best price I found), the 12 pack display box is cheaper per-piece than the bulk 20-pack.

I did the burp method on my first harvest and used the boveda 62s on all the rest. Lots easier...no weed smell in house while jars are burping..just dry as you like...trim and jar..add 1 8gr pak per oz...and away you go. LOVE these things!!! Read where you can rehydrate them by inverting a smaller bowl in a bigger bowl of water and placing the dried up boveda on top of the inverted bowl(dry, not in the water), cover that whole shebang and the pak will rehydrate itself. Haven't tried it yet but plan to when mine dry out.

I recently smoked a nug that's been in a jar with a boveda, untouched for 3 years.

It was spongy and sticky and had the same or better punch than it did when I put it in the jar. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom