Jungle boys grow tip #5 let the plants die on the vine before you cure

waveburglar

In the los angeles episode of marijuana mania, Ivan from the jungle boys says to let the plant die on the vine before you cure. Can someone explain what this means? Does it mean to stop watering it and let it die before harvesting?

In the los angeles episode of marijuana mania, Ivan from the jungle boys says to let the plant die on the vine before you cure. Can someone explain what this means? Does it mean to stop watering it and let it die before harvesting?

Pretty loose description lol, I think but not positive, it means to chop the tree down and hang it as a whole until it dies, just before the point where the stems snap is when you want too trim it down and start curing. Mainly just my experience from outdoor growing.

There are plenty of threads with good info on this around here. Plenty of different techniques to experiment with until you find one that suits you & your climate

Personally I let most of my plants run long, to ripen and finish flowering. By the time the buds are the way I like them, often most of the foliage is dead or getting there. To me it just means letting the plant ripen, the same as many other plants- the fruit isn't usually at its best till it's fully ripe, and that's often near the end of a plant's cycle.
But yeah- he probably meant what Gree said- letting it hang.

Here's the rest of his tips in the video--

1. Use raw salt. what does this mean? what kind of salt?

2. Use rockwool from start to finish. He says he uses one six inch cube for the entire grow. What kind of system does this apply to?

3. Live by the VPD chart. I think at one point he says 60 degrees at 60% RH is the optimum conditions.

4. Love your plants

5. Let the plant die before you cure

6. Feed the same nutrients every day. He says that different nutes for different stages is bullshit.

7. Do not use pesticides

8. Keep one node and flip. Can someone tell me what this means? Literally strip everything off the plant below the first node of each branch before flowering?

But to address them-

1- wtf? No idea what he's talking about.

2- Usually DWC style hydro.

3-VPD I guess is something to consider- but I wouldn't bother thinking about it much till you've mastered a few hundred more important things- in several years. Basically- don't worry about it.

4- :thumb:

5- ???

6- pretty much nonsense.

7- your choice. If you get some bad pests then you'll be wanting pesticides. There are natural organic ones.

8-??no idea. Hopefully not what you're suggesting.

How much do you trust this guys growing knowledge? Sounds a bit weird to me.

I tried wedding cake after seeing that episode. It tasted like a white sponge cake, but was harsh and very green still. Not well cured. It was on their top shelf list. I think they are more hype than anything. Their damn rosin presses are only open until 6pm and not on weekends.

He is full of himself. He doesn't know what he's doing.

Do y’all still think this about Jungle Boys? Lol. I’ll break it down with knowledge rather than the other dudes reply.
1. Raw salt. What salt does for nutrient uptake. When salt desolves, it makes charges ions become charged, therefor actually activating the EC in your nutrient column.
2. Jungle boys runs 6 inch cubes all the way through, in a drip feed system.
3. VPD is something that you should and must follow if you’d like to meet the maximum potencial of your strain. Isn’t too hard to dial in once you get the hang of it, although it typically does cost more on the light bill. Remember consistency is key. Atleast when vending.
4. Of course you shall love what you’re doing or else you’ll end up with a harvest full of hatred and bordom.
5. Dry on the vine. Jungle boys will stop watering for 7 Days and let the plant basically dry on the vine a bit. Making a more consistent and easier dry and cure. They don’t mean dry til death, but dry until your plants uncomfortable and the stem isn’t full of water anymore.
6. After growing for so many years, and mastering their technique, believe it or not I’m sure they know what they feed. Just like you can add a plant into soil and it’ll feed through seedling, through veg, and bloom up until harvest, without any nutes, or deficiencies, I’m sure they’ve found a certain mix of nutrients that allows them to do it without the soil.
7. Why even consider pesticides? There’s no need for predatory bugs on your buds if there’s never going to be pests. Just keep clean and make sure nobody that might bring pests into the room is allowed in. Make sure you don’t get pests by any means. I believe there’s only 4 cultivars in JB. Only 4 people allowed into their rooms. They have controlled environments. When you have a controlled environment you can prevent pests. Why add bugs or chemicals to your plants when you could’ve overall prevented them by keeping sterile.
8. The “One Node Flip”. It’s strain dependent. Don’t go doing it to all of your plants. They do 1-4 node flips. Depending on strain. They only have a select few that receive one node flip. I personally do 3 node flip on my plants. A strain that I’m personally breeding and searching at the moment is getting 2 node flip because it’s a stretcher.
**ALL THIS INFO THAT I HAVE POSTED, I have gathered over time. Whether watching their two YouTube videos online, or on Jungle Boys Instagram Comment Section. Everything that I have posted is something that was said by JB themselves. Just wanted to chime in because it seems as if they have a bad rep.

Personally I let most of my plants run long, to ripen and finish flowering. By the time the buds are the way I like them, often most of the foliage is dead or getting there. To me it just means letting the plant ripen, the same as many other plants- the fruit isn't usually at its best till it's fully ripe, and that's often near the end of a plant's cycle.
But yeah- he probably meant what Gree said- letting it hang.

X2

Most of my foliage is dead by the time I chop. But I also chop branches as large as I can, and leave on the remainder of leaves, until it’s fully dried to the point of stems breaking. Or close to it. Before trimming and jarring.

I think this gives the plant time to ripen as well as controls the rate of evaporation/drying.

X2

Most of my foliage is dead by the time I chop. But I also chop branches as large as I can, and leave on the remainder of leaves, until it’s fully dried to the point of stems breaking. Or close to it. Before trimming and jarring.

I think this gives the plant time to ripen as well as controls the rate of evaporation/drying.
Do you let the soil/soilless dry before chop? I have never do this and it sounds interesting. I have a harvest coming up in a week or 2 and think I may experiment with this technique where the plant is starved of water 5-6 days before chop

I have a question. I am going to cut the whole plant and hang it to dry for 12-15 days. I will be the only trimmer and have 10 monster plants to trim. Could I start trimming on day 7 or so and let it finish drying? I just don’t think I am going to have time to trim that much bud if they are all dry at once and ready to jar

are jungle boy's seeds available ? sent them an e-mail no answer
I have a question. I am going to cut the whole plant and hang it to dry for 12-15 days. I will be the only trimmer and have 10 monster plants to trim. Could I start trimming on day 7 or so and let it finish drying? I just don’t think I am going to have time to trim that much bud if they are all dry at once and ready to jar

hope you pull all the fans leaves off !!! you have a bit of work ahead of you - Peace

Ya, of course u can. I always wet trim bc it's waayyy easier.

Here's the rest of his tips in the video--

1. Use raw salt. what does this mean? what kind of salt?

2. Use rockwool from start to finish. He says he uses one six inch cube for the entire grow. What kind of system does this apply to?

3. Live by the VPD chart. I think at one point he says 60 degrees at 60% RH is the optimum conditions.

4. Love your plants

5. Let the plant die before you cure

6. Feed the same nutrients every day. He says that different nutes for different stages is bullshit.

7. Do not use pesticides

8. Keep one node and flip. Can someone tell me what this means? Literally strip everything off the plant below the first node of each branch before flowering?
raw salt he talkin about epsom bath salt plain no scents.
2 rockwool is for hydroponics he uses the same cube throughout the grow.
3.vpd leaf temp chart for rh to room temp. example, 80.f rt should have 60-65% humidity thats vpd if leaf temp is 0 or -1
4.take care of them, learn them, spend time with them, touch & interact.
5. wait till the the plant die before chopping leaves yellow predominately.
6.if you feed 2ml micro 2ml grow 2ml bloom dont change up in flower keep it the same all the way to harvest, just switch the order in flower. micro 1st bloom second and grow third.
7.only organic like maybe horticulture oil or neem oil or homemade organic pesticide versus poisons
8.one node and flip is keeping 3-7 branches from top to center of plant and keep 1 fan leaf on each node or branch.
9. lmk if i can help west coast bad boy

Back
Top Bottom