Question regarding curing

Sgrey

Hey guys, I have a question about curing. I grew two plants and staggered the harvest by only cutting off a bit at a time and allowing the rest to mature a bit more. Having done that, I became confused as to how long each batch dried. I'm positive that each batch had roughly 5-6 days to dry. Now they're jarred and curing. I have 3 Hygrometers in 3 of the jars and the RH is registering between 57%-59%. Yesterday these same jars registered between 69-71% so I dried them out for a few hours. Should I be worried about the RH being too low? They've been sealed for roughly 12 hours and I remember reading that I won't have an accurate reading until 24 hours have passed. Should I just burp them and put in a Broveda pack or just wait to see the final RH %?

For the first week or two you should open the jars at least 2 times a day so fresh air can get in to aid in the curing process no matter what the humidity reading is. After that I would open them a couple times a week with a Boveda pack in. I'm still learning myself but this is what I have read and trying right now.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom