Question re washing buds with seeds in them

Kbomb

Hi everyone,

I think this will be ok but as I've never done it I figured i'd better check before I do!

I have a sensi seeds maple leaf almost ready to harvest. I pollinated 2 branches with white widow, and another 2 with ak48. Seeds are definitely there - the pods are nice and plump :)

I have taken to bud washing after reading about it here on 420...seemed odd at first but now I can't imagine not washing them! They get so clean (and the filth left over in the water is testament to this) and they smell so great afterwards. Anyway, this is the first time i've tried pollinating plants and had a panicky thought that I might ruin the seeds by dunking the branches in water? I assume as they are still in their pods they'll be safe?

Can anyone enlighten me on this point please?

Thanks!

Thanks CookieMan - yeah I figured the same that outside it's entirely possible to have a downpour close to harvest; I also wondered though that the agitation of the plant in the bucket might dislodge some of the seeds and this may well happen I suppose. A risk i'm going to take, i've decided. I thought i'd cut off the relevant branches first and wash them separately first - on a 'gentle cycle' as it were ;-) so hopefully I can clean them without damaging the seeds. Then i'll do the rest as per norm.

My first couple of grows I didn't wash and they were fine. But....after trying it out, I was sold instantly - the instant they came out the last bucket in fact. The look bright, hypergreen, nicely swollen/hydrated and the smell is awesome. They smoke and taste better too I reckon. Trics looks plentiful and normal up close. Not sure if more a reflection of my ongoing experience or the washing, but the potency is also seems better than those first two plants (i'm no expert by any means but have 5 successful grows since then). Of course one of the subsequent strains was Barney's lsd, so i'm sure the strains contribute too!

I tried the 3 bucket method as per doc bud but have my own version now - 2 buckets. First one with warm water, lemon juice and bicarb. Second one cold water with H2O2. Then hang to dry. I don't trim before the wash but afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom