white cookies,blueberry og and earlyvixen

Bushdoctor D

Can someone please help with trichome development??? I've been growing outdoors for years and now my first indoor crop is coming up on 10 weeks and I sure in the hell don't wanna pull early.

Can someone please help with trichome development??? I've been growing outdoors for years and now my first indoor crop is coming up on 10 weeks and I sure in the hell don't wanna pull early.

Ok, I really can't leave you hanging like this. I may be too late for this harvest but here goes anyway.

Trichome development is at its peak when you push the plant to the edge. Sounds cruel to do to something you love as much as these plants, but the best trichomes outdoors come from marginal areas, where water runs out fastest, for example.

Learn to stress them without killing them or setting them back too much. What you might lose in yield you'll gain in potency. When you harvest consider drying them in the refrigerator, frost free, around 40 degrees F and 45-50% humidity. Takes longer but it retains all those terpenes you're working to develop as you stress the plants. The terpenes are what tell the cannabinoids what effect to have, so it's worth saving as many as you can. You won't believe the difference if you try this one.

When you shift to flower, let them go wilting dry the first time. Water really well and then, from that point on give them something in the area of a gallon for each 7 gallon pot. Water half on top and half from the bottom. I know this sounds contrary to what you might think is best, but unless you work in living organic soil you'll see greater trichome production with less water then we're used to giving them. In living organic soil you run the risk of damaging the soil biota if you let it get too dry.

You have Doc Bud to thank for that one. If you try it, and it works, seek him out and say "thanks." He markets the kit that many of us use to improve our own trichome production and quality. I'm uncomfortable coming across like I'm marketing for him, but I stand behind his product based on my own experience and success. I highly recommend it.

Lastly, if you're looking to get the maximum benefit from the meds you want to seek out the medical threads. We have threads on turning the concentrated cannabis oil you can make with your harvest into BioBomb capsules, increasing the bioavailability of your oil. Then there's a study hall on making topicals that's generating excitement. There's also a thread on making a fresh harvest infused oil that rivals CCO in potency.

I hope some of this helps you. I'm sorry you got lost over here. If I can help you in any way I'm real easy to find. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom