1st harvest & cure in the desert - I'd love some help please

Ill have my 1st Partial Harvest in about a week so could really use some guidance

Its gunna be 103-110 deg outside and RH at about 15-20%. Inside it is usually around 77-79 deg durring the day and I go down to 76 at night.

I was planning on hanging them in a bathroom that isnt used. I can close it up and add a humidifier to try and increase the humidity. Gunna move a humidifier to the Bathroom today and see how High I can get the RH

now Ive seen many many many ways to cure the buds, so a tried and true SLOW cure process would be great that is more specific to the Desert and our lovely dry climate

So a few Questions

1 Is hanging in a Dark room the best? Boxes, Paper sacks?
2 Do I trim the Buds when I harvest, before I hang. Or do I trim them after the hang before they go into the Jars
3 Is the Mason Jar the best Option for the curing after hanging
4 How does Box or Paper sack Curing do?
5 I know with the Jars you Burp them, Less or More in dry heat?
6 Should I get some of the Boveda 62-Percent packs?

Im sure Ill have more questions but this is a good start I think

Thanks all, so excited for my very 1st harvest

re: 1st harvest & cure in the desert - I'd love some help please

Hanging in a dark place is best.
Search wet trim or dry trim. I dry trim and hang. You will want the extra leaves on during the dry if humidity gets to low. It helps slow down the dry. Mason jars are great for curing just keep them in the dark. Never cured in a paper sack. Yes boveda packs will help you keep the right moisture once you get there.

I'm in CO so we are pretty dry here also. I hang the whole plant for 10 days to 2 weeks in my flower tent in the dark. Until the sticks snap. Then I trim and place in glass jars. I burb the jars for about 2 weeks for my cure. Lastly I through in a boveda pack and store it. I will still burb them every week for a little while.
Hope this gives you some info.
Enjoy that harvest.
Cheers
Goat

re: 1st harvest & cure in the desert - I'd love some help please

Hanging in a dark place is best.
Search wet trim or dry trim. I dry trim and hang. You will want the extra leaves on during the dry if humidity gets to low. It helps slow down the dry. Mason jars are great for curing just keep them in the dark. Never cured in a paper sack. Yes boveda packs will help you keep the right moisture once you get there.

I'm in CO so we are pretty dry here also. I hang the whole plant for 10 days to 2 weeks in my flower tent in the dark. Until the sticks snap. Then I trim and place in glass jars. I burb the jars for about 2 weeks for my cure. Lastly I through in a boveda pack and store it. I will still burb them every week for a little while.
Hope this gives you some info.
Enjoy that harvest.
Cheers
Goat
Great info

Ya I heard leaving the leafs on will help dry slower

It seems I may be ok on humidity. Just checked it was 55% and still 79 deg
Once they start drying I'll try and run that A/C more to keep the temp closer to 75

Great info

Ya I heard leaving the leafs on will help dry slower

It seems I may be ok on humidity. Just checked it was 55% and still 79 deg
Once they start drying I'll try and run that A/C more to keep the temp closer to 75

The mason jars are good because they have wide-mouthed jars. Easier to get in and out of. I find a mix of sizes comes in handy. If you don't have any nug jars the small 1/2 cup size they sell for making jelly work very well for this purpose. The make smaller ones too, but they can be difficult to use. I have everything from 1/2 cup up to a 1/2 gallon, and I've used every one at one time or another.

Glass is preferred. Easier to clean, for one, but it seems wrong to put the buds into anything other than clean glass containers.

Back
Top Bottom