79% humidity in my jars - What should I do? First grow - Help please

For your first week or so in a jar you'll need to 'burp' them atleast once or twice a day, meaning open the jar for 5-10 mins and give a bit of a shake to your buds inside so the air can move inside the jar.

That's too high as greater chance it will mold on you. Spread it out on a paper plate for a couple hours (or on a rack or something), then back in jar and check again in 12 hours or so and repeat until you get it under 65RH, then you can burp it daily and get it to where you want it (everyone different but most prefer it in the 58-62 RH range).

And no you don't want them stuffed full as in the curing stage they need to breath some (and you will get a more uniform drying).

Also depends on what the RH is inside or where you are putting them out at. As if it is close to your current reading you will have to leave it out of the jar longer to get it to dry out and come down. I forgot about that, getting old and all that ;)

ok thanks..I have the room at 60 with a dehumidifier..I have put back in the jars and reading 70 now...that's much better

ok thanks..I have the room at 60 with a dehumidifier..I have put back in the jars and reading 70 now...that's much better

It takes them a bit to balance back out to an accurate reading, you could probably take it out again for a little while as it usually goes back up as insides are wetter than outside, but it will all balance by the end. Just want to give mold the least chances of showing up, all your hard work kinda wasted or can be anyway.

Thank you I'm definitely keeping my eye on it this is my first grow and I've worked very hard on it and I hate to have it ruined by mold thanks again

BAR1, have you considered taking the tops off your jars and then putting the open jars in the refrigerator for the Slow and Low drying method?

After harvest and a quick wash. Takes about 10 days in the refrigerator before I remove mason jars from the refrigerator and put the Caps back on and place them into a dark closet, continue with daily burping.

thanks I have gotten them down to about 68 as of this morning

Much better as you got it out of the danger zone and can bring it down a little more easily, sounds like you could have let them dry another day or two before putting in jars (a reference point for you next harvest).

thanks..It took me so much time to harvest I did it in three days...The first batch I thought I dried to much so I put all in jars thought it would even out...I will not do that again...I have my second grow Early Miss at 9 weeks and will do this different....
Early_Miss_9_weeks_2.jpg
Early_Miss_9_weeks_3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom