Do trichomes continue to develop to milky & amber after the cut?

KushGod

Hi guys n girls,

I was wondering what your experiences are with continued trichome development after the harvest chop? Do trichomes continue to develop for the few days whilst drying after the chop? Do they continue to develop in cure? Or quite simply do they not change at all after the harvest chop regardless of condition or situation?

Basically I'm asking if a clear trichome can develop to milky trichome, can a milky trichome can develop to amber trichome after the harvest cut?

Probably a silly question but I'm curious as one of my Master Kush was way behind the others at harvest and many trichomes were still clear or just turning to milky on this one plant and I'm worried the high won't be there. Can the trichome development continue after cut? Even if for just a short time?

Any answers are greatly appreciated.

re: Do trichomes continue to develop to milky & amber after the cut?

Hi guys n girls,

I was wondering what your experiences are with continued trichome development after the harvest chop? Do trichomes continue to develop for the few days whilst drying after the chop? Do they continue to develop in cure? Or quite simply do they not change at all after the harvest chop regardless of condition or situation?

Basically I'm asking if a clear trichome can develop to milky trichome, can a milky trichome can develop to amber trichome after the harvest cut?

Probably a silly question but I'm curious as one of my Master Kush was way behind the others at harvest and many trichomes were still clear or just turning to milky on this one plant and I'm worried the high won't be there. Can the trichome development continue after cut? Even if for just a short time?

Any answers are greatly appreciated.
Just my two cents, but my trichomes appear to Go reverse from Cloudy to clear after harvest. Very curious to see what other responses are.

Just my two cents, but my trichomes appear to Go reverse from Cloudy to clear after harvest. Very curious to see what other responses are.

I just harvested yesterday and everything was milky with about 10% amber. Today many have gone clear - not the amber ones. I kind of expected this, but not so much. All hairs have been red or dead for at least a week, calyxes are swollen huge and can see calyx groups swelling out the sides of all the buds, so I know its been done for awhile. I harvested a few buds about 12 days ago and 10% turned amber after a week drying/curing and they were early due to rot. I had to chop some terminal colas and throw out the rotted material to save the rest of the plant. I am expecting a lot of the ones that just turned clear will go amber in a week. ill post back here in a few days with an update

Ok so I just looked again its been 7 days drying and curing.

So heres what happened with the outdoor on 3 different strains after harvest. Most of the resin that was cloudy has turned transparent with a yellowish tinge. like a light beer. About another 10% look dark amber and the existing amber trichs went darker. Some trichs about 10% just stayed clear, not much if any are "cloudy".

I expect this with outdoor. My trichs always look cloudy, from the moment the come out, so this year I watched them really closely and what happened was they started to go clear and look like glistening crystals in the sun when its ripening, but they do it kind of quickly and then they will go cloudy again after the plant is totally ripe. Those turned light beer colour. Some trichs turn dark and amber but I think you need hot days temps in sunlight at the end to get a majority amber. They don't do it all at once and it was hard to see what was going on because its like so few do it at a time and they just go back to cloudy that I could'nt really tell which ones went clear and back to cloudy. Who knows I might have been seeing things I was smoking this stuff every time I looked at it from my early harvests and it just kept getting stronger.

For outdoor in Toronto I think you just watch the plant and you'll know when it looks done and won't do any better and you chop it. This stuff turned out to have a wickedly amazing couch potato buzz that puts me to sleep. Which is what I wanted.

If anyone else has watched their outdoor trichs please post a reply I would like to hear what happens in other climates and strains.
IMG_20171027_112810.jpg
IMG_20171025_091824.jpg
IMG_20171025_091834.jpg
IMG_20171020_175352.jpg
IMG_20171020_175945.jpg
IMG_20171027_113903.jpg

A

Back
Top Bottom