Help asap please! Don't want to miss my harvest window - Photos included

R3TL30N

Hey guys. Thnx in advance.

Long time grower... first time using magnified inspection of trichomes to determine harvest time...
outdoor grow, in buckets of dirt, nothing fancy... both indica dominant strains...

Here is my issue. 2 plants nearing maturity. And upon inspection of the trichs I am just slightly confused on a couple things. Please see photos.

Plant A
Appears to be the more further along of the 2 by looking at pistils etc(approx 30-40% orange). The 3 photos taken from 3 separate colas. While I am noticing some amber bulbs (not quite dark enough?), they still look translucent and glass-like to me? Indicating not quite ready for harvest?

Plant B
Pistils are just starting to turn, maybe 10%. So the images again from separate colas, still seeing a lot of shiny glass like trichs, but maybe a mix of some cloudy ones? Would this be nearing the time to harvest some for a more energetic daytime high? Or still too early, which is the direction I am leaning because of minimal pistil coloration?

I am not rushed to harvest, I am just new and unsure of what exactly I am seeing (magnified trichomes)
My gut says to wait still on both.

Last question is whether or not either of these plants should still be getting added nutrients, or if either should be on straight flush from here on out.

Any advice would be great.
Photos of whole plants/buds available if needed.

Cheers!

You_Doodle_2017-10-06T17_03_44Z.jpg
You_Doodle_2017-10-06T17_05_13Z.jpg
You_Doodle_2017-10-06T17_06_37Z.jpg
You_Doodle_2017-10-06T17_08_51Z.jpg
You_Doodle_2017-10-06T17_09_55Z.jpg

You're right. Plant A is ready. Plant B is several days behind. Some people like to harvest B looking as it does. It gives a different kind of high.

From one long time grower to another, harvest plants when they look ready to you. Then check the trichs, so you know how they look to your liking..

Back
Top Bottom