Almost first harvest time - Lots of new white pistil growth

uncleG

420 Member
Hey guys and girls,

I have my first ever grown plant about to be harvested, it had +- 50% amber pistils and all looked good but due to some heat issues in the last 10days it has sprouted new white pistils all over. I believe its from the heat stress issue..
I have corrected the temps in the tent now but unsure wat to do?!

I have been watering with pure ph'd water for the last 2 weeks and the lower fan leaves are turning yellow as the plant is clearing out all nutrients. just these damn white pistils have me confused..

What Strain is it? ------------------------------------- Stress Killer
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?--- SKA (60% Sativa, 30% Indica, 10%
Ruderalis
How Many Plants? ------------------------------------- 2 plants
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?---------------- Flower stage
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?------------------- 8-9weeks
Indoor or Outdoor? ------------------------------------ Indoor
Soil or Hydro? ------------------------------------------ Soil + Pearlite mix
If Soil... What Size Pot?--------------------------------- 4litre / 1 gallon
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?-------------------- 1 x Mars 300 LED - +- 130W output 50W CFL warm white
Is it Air Cooled? ------------------------------------------ yes, air cooled
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? ------------------------- Constant 25'C/ max temp for a few days was 29'C
RH of Room/Cabinet?------------------------------------- 35%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? ------------------------------ 6,5
Any Pests?------------------------------------------------- none known
How Often are you Watering? ---------------------------- every 3days for SK pure water last 2 weeks
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?-------------------- BioBizz grow, bloom, topmax half recommended strength
Size or Square Footage of Room? ------------------------- 4sq

Thanks for any comments!
SKA11.JPG
SKA21.JPG

I take it that is an Auto strain? Only thing I could find on a web search for strain, I don't know much about Auto's but she's pretty small and I would just ride it out and see if she wants to get bigger (as you won't get a ton off of her either way, but yeah to me white pistils still forming says she is not even close to ready yet). Pretty sure Auto's do what they want when they want, so hard to put a number on "how long it been in Flower" when it's in control and not by light schedule, but I have never grown them so nothing to base my opinion on other than what I have read.

Hey guys and girls,

I have my first ever grown plant about to be harvested, it had +- 50% amber pistils and all looked good but due to some heat issues in the last 10days it has sprouted new white pistils all over. I believe its from the heat stress issue..
I have corrected the temps in the tent now but unsure wat to do?!

I have been watering with pure ph'd water for the last 2 weeks and the lower fan leaves are turning yellow as the plant is clearing out all nutrients. just these damn white pistils have me confused..

What Strain is it? ------------------------------------- Stress Killer
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?--- SKA (60% Sativa, 30% Indica, 10%
Ruderalis
How Many Plants? ------------------------------------- 2 plants
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?---------------- Flower stage
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?------------------- 8-9weeks
Indoor or Outdoor? ------------------------------------ Indoor
Soil or Hydro? ------------------------------------------ Soil + Pearlite mix
If Soil... What Size Pot?--------------------------------- 4litre / 1 gallon
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?-------------------- 1 x Mars 300 LED - +- 130W output 50W CFL warm white
Is it Air Cooled? ------------------------------------------ yes, air cooled
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? ------------------------- Constant 25'C/ max temp for a few days was 29'C
RH of Room/Cabinet?------------------------------------- 35%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? ------------------------------ 6,5
Any Pests?------------------------------------------------- none known
How Often are you Watering? ---------------------------- every 3days for SK pure water last 2 weeks
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?-------------------- BioBizz grow, bloom, topmax half recommended strength
Size or Square Footage of Room? ------------------------- 4sq

Thanks for any comments!
SKA11.JPG
SKA21.JPG

Tric's are the proper way to tell if it's ready to harvest, don't go off the pistils. Get a scope and check your trichomes

Hi uncle, I just grew my first auto and could not gauge the time to chop either. In the end I looked at the tricomes under a scope and as they were mostly cloudy with a few ambers I chopped even though she was still putting out white pistils. I wanted a buzzy high so I cropped pretty early, I understand if you want a more relaxed couch lock then you would leave the tricomes until they are mostly ambers

Hey everyone,

Thank you for all the replies,

I have bought myself a Jewelers loupe and managed to see the trichomes.
Currently there are a mix of what it looks like cloudy and mushroom shaped trichomes with about 10-20% amber,

I am wanting more medicinal properties as this is a higher CBD strain so I believe that I should wait for more amber, is this correct?

Pls see below for the pics of the trichomes.

Thanks UncleG

20171201_192333.jpg
20171201_192619.jpg
20171201_193019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom