Drying curing underwater - Does it work?

Cmoon

Hi all.

I've just read about 'drying' your harvest underwaterfor 7 days minimum to flush out the crap and then quick dry after the 7 days.

Has anyone tried this and does it work? It would suit me down to the ground because I don't really have anywhere to hang my plants but I do have a load of fishtanks big and small as that used to be my 'hobby'.

I read that is was an old method but I don't care if it's old or not, just if it works...............Any idea guys?

I grow (my first harvest) in Coco Coir whith Canna nutes.

With respect.......Always

Cmoon.

Re: Drying curing underwater. Does it work?

Never heard of that one, but thought the whole idea of curing is a slow dry so a quick dry probably not a good idea period I would think. Guess I could stick a bud in a glass of water for a week and see if it turns to mush or not ;) :rofl: as would think it would be tough to dry out after it got waterlogged as moisture content in flowers and stems would have to be way higher than "normal" one would think, but who knows sometimes logic don't come into play ;). As "drying under water" seems like an oxymoron to me like "drowning in air" ;) :rofl:

I agree, it sounds 'arse about tit' but this is my first grow so maybe I'll get a little more adventurous on my 2nd.

Cheers

Water curing just makes the bud look dark brown after it's dried, no bag appeal, it will have no taste and no smell.

But the good thing about it was I could smoke a joint around people and they thought it was regular tabacco

I have been water curing my early harvest testers. It does get rid of the bad taste associated with high nitrogen content. The longest I have water cured is 3 days, it definitely smells and taste like weed still so dont get your hopes up that you can stealth smoke like woogie suggested as the terpenes that give marijuana its smell arent water soluble. A better way to get rid of the nutrient content in your bud is to flush prior to harvest then dry and cure to air.

Water curing just makes the bud look dark brown after it's dried, no bag appeal, it will have no taste and no smell.

But the good thing about it was I could smoke a joint around people and they thought it was regular tabacco

Just finished my first batch, water cured for 7 days in RO water & changing it every day. Still looks nice & green but doesn't have quite the smell it did but boy, the water I changed out every day......Stink?....Oh man, really awful. The RO water draws out all the sugars and salts (which we don't want) but the trichomes don't disolve in water so they are all there ready for decarbing. I should add that I am making tinctures or CCO from my weed so getting rid of some of the taste and smell is all good to me.

A friend of mine who smokes tried the air cured and the water cured in a side by side test, she said the air cured was strong but burnt her throat was a 'good' hit. The water cured on the other hand had no really strong smell but knocked her socks off for effect! It could have been that because of the lack of smell she thought it was weaker and so compensated by packing more into the smoke. Said it was sooo smooth almost like an acid trip............She was gone with the fairies.

There we go. I'm off now to make my tinctures......I'll report back with some results soon. Oh one more thing, I have just ordered the Ardent NOVA so will get back with results on that too.

With respect...............As always

Coon

It's also a great way of getting rid of any bud rot or mold, the opposite to what you would think. The main reason for this is you can fan dry it in a day because it is already cured in the water.

Getting ready for harvest and water cure with the first two of four Candy Canes. What method are you guys using? You know there are a few and one from Doc Dank, who has an interesting tweak of his method on YouTube
I've pretty much decided on the 7 day, even though I'm indoors, have been flushing with Bud Candy and water for the last two weeks, I want to see the same clear water everyone sees when they're thru.
Still can't wrap my head around the 7 day dry, so I hope someone can help me with that?
CoCoMo

I'm open to seeing some pictures of this method.

EDIT: I looked it up...seems an interesting twist on curing.

Head on over to YouTube. I'm about ready to get started, as soon as I finish trimming my Candy Cane~

You gonna youtube it?? if you do, you can message me the link, if you do not want to put it on public.

Getting ready for harvest and water cure with the first two of four Candy Canes. What method are you guys using? You know there are a few and one from Doc Dank, who has an interesting tweak of his method on YouTube
I've pretty much decided on the 7 day, even though I'm indoors, have been flushing with Bud Candy and water for the last two weeks, I want to see the same clear water everyone sees when they're thru.
Still can't wrap my head around the 7 day dry, so I hope someone can help me with that?
CoCoMo
Hi Mate.
Have just finished water curing for 7 days. I could say to you don't wait for the dead clear water just do the 7 days but change the water twice a day if you're using RO water. RO really does pull out all the unwanted crap like the nutrients you put in and the nitrogen, sugars, salts etc. From there cure in one day if you can, if you can't it doesn't matter but you still have to look out for any mold if it takes too long. Trichomes are as good as before they went in the bath. If I could have done one thing differently it would have been to warm the RO water to 24C ish as I am told some of the trichs can snap off if they are too cold and brittle......Think I was lucky.

Made some cannabutter with the trim and a few buds thrown in for good measure and half a teaspoon was enough to o'd on for two people so yes, it is pretty potent stuff.

Hope this helps. Keep us informed.

If it is of any help I used 'Super Skunk' photos from Sensiseeds.

Hi Mate.Ni
Have just finished water curing for 7 days. I could say to you don't wait for the dead clear water just do the 7 days but change the water twice a day if you're using RO water. RO really does pull out all the unwanted crap like the nutrients you put in and the nitrogen, sugars, salts etc. From there cure in one day if you can, if you can't it doesn't matter but you still have to look out for any mold if it takes too long. Trichomes are as good as before they went in the bath. If I could have done one thing differently it would have been to warm the RO water to 24C ish as I am told some of the trichs can snap off if they are too cold and brittle......Think I was lucky.

Made some cannabutter with the trim and a few buds thrown in for good measure and half a teaspoon was enough to o'd on for two people so yes, it is pretty potent stuff.

Hope this helps. Keep us informed.

If it is of any help I used 'Super Skunk' photos from Sensiseeds.
Thanks for the info, Cmoon. I am using the RO water based on your post, and rinsing twice a day. The smell on the first day...omygod...bad. Plus, I have so much weed (Is that even possible?), that my whole day is spent cutting and trimming before water curing.
How long does it take to dry? What are you drying it in?

That smell will reduce over the 7 days & will pretty much be gone. Personally I'm glad it's gone, hate to think I'd be ingesting all that crap. You can easily dry in two days, get yourself one of these, they are great for drying weed.

160CM 8-Tier hydroponics Plant Grow Kit 23.62-inch Round Drying net from Amazon.

Finether Plant Dry Net 160CM 8-Tier Hydroponics Plant Grow Kit Detachable Plant Dry Rack Adjustable Sizes 2/4/6/8 Layers : Amazon.co.uk: Garden

You don't have to use all eight baskets but they are there if you need them which it looks like you might for your yield.

I just purchased this - my second one - on Tuesday, and it'll arrive today. All I can say is I've learned my lesson when it comes to growing. Unless I have a village - or one other person - to help me harvest and cure, I will not plant more than 2 seeds at any one time (I said this before, so I might be kidding myself). My hubby is absolutely useless with scissors in hand! I've been doing nothing else but this from the moment I get home till bedtime, and I still have one more to do today.

Already weighed buds before putting them in water, and I'll post all details after I've dried them. As far as the smell and taste disappearing, there was suggestion on another blog to drop a bud that hadn't been water cured in the jar of the cured dried, and seal, but I'm not sure if that'll work. I don't really care, it's about the potency.

Question: I want to use this last plant to make bubble hash, and I'm thinking what will I get if I water cure these buds first? Potency should be awesome, but without the chlorophyll and nasty nutrients, what will the color be, you think? Anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom