Pugs hung for 4 days, day 4 in Bags No smell please help

beauts

My husband is legal in Canada and this is our first crop in the last 5 years. Of course he forgets how to do everything. We took down the plants on the 28th of may and they have been in bags now since then. When I open the bags, there is no skunk smell or anything like there was when they were growing. By the way, we are growing Hawaiin Skunk indoors.

Is there something we are doing wrong? When I open the bag it smells like a garden or much of nothing really. The twigs do not break off, they bend so I know they are not dry. This is why I told my husband we should take down the branches because I thought they were too crispy, I was wrong wasn't I?

We had 3 faboulous plants and don't want him to get discouraged so any help would be appreciated please.

Should I let them out of the bags, lay them on paper bags until they dry more or keep them in these plastic ziplocks or put them in jars? I don't know why there is no smell and I hope to god I haven't ruined anything for him.

Any response or advice would be greatly appreciated.

no of course not. we cut those off after we took them down. in the bags is only bud mostly. some twigs are bendable,they do not break off so what should we do? take them out of the bags and put them on paper bags in the room again until they dry out more or what? any suggestions?

After 4 days hanging and 3 days in ziplocks, should the smell be really potent or is it too early? When they were growing they were really stinky. there is absolutely no mold. The room is ventilated, the humidty is 55%, the temp is 76° and there is a fan going on in the room. I swear when the ziplock bag is opened it doesn't smell like it did when they were growing so I have no idea if they are just not ready or destroyed or what ?!?

they are in ziplock baggies. 4 large ones.. so either i take them out and put them in a paper bag for a few days or directly to a jar?? how does that work? My husband who is being a pissy pot wants nothing to do with them now so I have to take over. I am not about to lose 3 months of this crap (i am not even a smoker what a wife will do for her husband) lol

He has a spinal injury so he needs this and he is legal so whatever, i just need to know what to do from here.. again they are in ziplock baggies and if you recommend a jar.. how big and how do i do it? with 4 large ziplocks that's going to be a lot of jars is it not? like the jars you buy pickles in? and how long do i leave them in there? Do i open the jars at all? Sorry for all the questions...

yes and thanks for welcoming me here, much appreciated :)

oh and one last thing.. he smoked a bit a few days ago to try it out and now thinks its crap. i know its way to soon for him to smoke and now wants to throw out all this work because he thinks its crappy when i know its not. i know its not dry which is why i need help or some advice.

thanks

You got a unmarried sister??!!??

How do they feel to the touch? damp or crispy?
as long as they don't have an ammonia smell to them they are fine.

I think you may want to put them back in paper bags till they feel dry and a bit crisp.
Then the jars.
Yes Ma'am, you are gonna need a few jars.

Glad to help , just wish I could do more.
This may help too:
Drying Your Weed - A Tutorial

ok so regular brown bags from the grocery store? lol my sister is married and having a baby in a few months, sorry, lol

he is so pissed right now he wants to throw them in the garbage.. men!!! ARgghh

I have no idea what ammonia smells like.. its like a sweet smelling , god i wish this place had a scratch n sniff so you could see what i mean. there is absolutely no mold. we did everything right. i think he is just being too impatient. they are not fully crispy, i can bend them a few different ways without breaking them, they are still sticky too, my hands, gloves etc were all sticky and brown so i know this is good. i just need to dry them more.. how long in paper bags before they go to jars?

then how long in the jars?
thx

i did tell him to chill out its too early.. not even 1 week since we took them down. so the smell will come after they dry? i just need to know how to put them in brown bags and for how long, do i open the bag, fan it. etc.. just a short list then i will go and buy the bags

thx

The bud should be dried until the stems snap when bent. I hang dry my buds in a cardboard box that I open daily in order to exchange the air. I'm not too certain on the bag dry but I do know the bags need to be opened and the buds rearranged at least daily. Since the drying buds are touching each other they are prone to bud-rot and need plenty of ventilation.

How long was the flowering period? Did the plant produce plenty of trichomes before harvest? Did you check to see what color the trichs were, clear, cloudy or amber?

i will take a photo of my buds when i return home from the grocery store.

they flowered for 10 weeks, until some of the leaves turned yellow and fell off. there were no bugs and the humidty, temp was set perfectly. i will show you a closeup with my camera when i get home

the twigs do NOT break off they bend

^ things do sound just fine. It's kinda odd that the smell passed after your harvested. As long as you dry them so the stems snap and give a good cure you should have some awesome nugget! I can't wait to see these pics.

i still don't know how to use my new camera in macro mode or i would be able to get a super closeup. i have done as you suggested put them in 2 brown bags into their room where its air controlled. so you say i don't open the bags daily or i do to move the weed around and for 6 days or so then to jars???

Back
Top Bottom