Smells and looks great - Taste is bad?

usernamex

OK, grew some Blueberry. Info on this site was great help BTW.

Problem is, It looks and smells awesome, harvested according to trics being cloudy. Flushed for 2 weeks, Hung dried till twigs snapped then trimmed up and put into mason jars opening a few times per day. No mold growing or anything, red hairs, lots of crystals.

Smoke tastes awful, like an old purse smells if that makes any sense. Gets you there fast, really great long lasting high, but the taste is just bad. Any way to get the taste better? Someone suggested to me to spray it with watered down coke (pop, soda not the other) but I dont think that will make it taste any better.

Any ideas, something anything?

OK, grew some Blueberry. Info on this site was great help BTW.

Problem is, It looks and smells awesome, harvested according to trics being cloudy. Flushed for 2 weeks, Hung dried till twigs snapped then trimmed up and put into mason jars opening a few times per day. No mold growing or anything, red hairs, lots of crystals.

Smoke tastes awful, like an old purse smells if that makes any sense. Gets you there fast, really great long lasting high, but the taste is just bad. Any way to get the taste better? Someone suggested to me to spray it with watered down coke (pop, soda not the other) but I dont think that will make it taste any better.

Any ideas, something anything?

slower dry/cure.

DOnt hang until stems snap. Jar them about 1 to 2 days before that point and do the burping every 8 hours or so until the buds are at desired dryness. You want the remaini20-30% of moisture to leave slowly so it helps break down the chlorophyll into sweet sugars which will make the smoke smoother and taste much better.

What you can do is put some fresh pot leaves in the jars with the buds over night and let them take more moisture back in then redo the burping phase and hopefully get a better cure. If you dont have pot leaves use lettuce. A little goes a long way.

slower dry/cure.

DOnt hang until stems snap. Jar them about 1 to 2 days before that point and do the burping every 8 hours or so until the buds are at desired dryness. You want the remaini20-30% of moisture to leave slowly so it helps break down the chlorophyll into sweet sugars which will make the smoke smoother and taste much better.

What you can do is put some fresh pot leaves in the jars with the buds over night and let them take more moisture back in then redo the burping phase and hopefully get a better cure. If you dont have pot leaves use lettuce. A little goes a long way.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply McBudz, now know to me as Mcbuddy!

Will an apple work if I dont have leaves or lettuce?

What do you recommend for burping. I've read everything from 3 times a day for 60 min to once a day for 3 hours.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply McBudz, now know to me as Mcbuddy!

Will an apple work if I dont have leaves or lettuce?

What do you recommend for burping. I've read everything from 3 times a day for 60 min to once a day for 3 hours.

Stay away from fruit. It may bring you mold real quick. Just pic some lettuce up at the store, its cheep enough. Dont use leaves from trees outside either, you may bring nasty pests with you.

Burping... I do it different all the time... depends on the buds stage. 1-3 off 4-8 on usually works for me. I usually dont do real extended off periods after I'm done with my "rolling" process..

I posted this in a different thread.. I made some chnages to this one after reading it again..

I hang dry until about 30% moisture (stems will still bend a bit) then clip buds into open 1 gallon jars about half way full. Then lay the jars on their sides (still open) and roll them 1/4 turn every few hours for 2 days. This packs the buds up nicely from the weight of them lying on each other.. Then I go to burping lid on/off. Once you are a decent bud density from drying and compaction layout out on newspaper ona table until they are properly dry (spongy dry, not brittle turn to dust dry.)

Stay away from fruit. It may bring you mold real quick. Just pic some lettuce up at the store, its cheep enough. Dont use leaves from trees outside either, you may bring nasty pests with you.

Burping... I do it different all the time... depends on the buds stage. 1-3 off 4-8 on usually works for me. I usually dont do real extended off periods after I'm done with my "rolling" process..

I posted this in a different thread.. I made some chnages to this one after reading it again..

I hang dry until about 30% moisture (stems will still bend a bit) then clip buds into open 1 gallon jars about half way full. Then lay the jars on their sides (still open) and roll them 1/4 turn every few hours for 2 days. This packs the buds up nicely from the weight of them lying on each other.. Then I go to burping lid on/off. Once you are a decent bud density from drying and compaction layout out on newspaper ona table until they are properly dry (spongy dry, not brittle turn to dust dry.)

Hey Budz, thanks for the advise.

Yep, I think it was dried a little too quick, I re hydrated them slowly using sliced apples ( sorry no lettuce), popped a slice in my quart jars till the outside was dry and took it out and resealed jar. Next day opened jar for a few hours and then popped in a new slice and repeated one more time. Worked wonders and left my jars smelling nice! Now the budz taste MUCH better, smooth would be a proper description.

I really like the jar rolling method and will use this again for sure!:thanks:

i HAV FOUND A GREAT WAY TO re hydrated WASH A BABY CAROT ROLL IT ON A PAPER TOWEL PUT IT IN THE JAR ONE FOR EACH 28 GRAMS DEPENDING ON HOW DRY IT IS 1TO 3 HOURS WORKS FOR ME..FOR VAPER USE 1 GRAM FOR 25 MIN

Back
Top Bottom