Which budget start-up hash & kief making products are worth buying? Lots of pics!

Lusi

Hey all,

I've been reading on this for 6 months now. The more I read, the more impossible any choice is. I've found a couple of interesting keif and hash making items on ebay, but when I search here, I can't find a single reference to these. Are these any good? I want something simple, but best bang for the buck. Any form of hash is fine by me. I already have a silk screen from Micheal's, but after an hour of sending frozen grounds buds across it and getting nothing but a few specs, it's not worth it. Panty hose over jar is easier. LOL

Here is a odd gadget that is called a pollen mill. I can find nothing on it, even how it works. It seems pretty cool! It even tucks the product in a glass vial! :) Curiosity often empty's my wallet.

4PC-ALUMINUM-HERB-POLLEN-POWDER-MILL-HERBAL-GRINDER
pollen_sifter_full.jpg

pollen_sifter_pieces.jpg

Now that my Launch Box is fixed, I'm starting to prefer hash that's loose, but more coarse than keif. It vaporizes easily and uses no solvents like my BHO. BTW, one ounce of buds made into BHO with 300ml Vector Butane only makes me four "servings"!!?? WTF???? It takes 3 hours to work too! What is wrong with me? Are my THC receptors fried?! <sigh>

So, if my money is better spent on some Bubble Bags, washer bags, or any other form of hash making, please let me know! Best for my dollar, but I should ad something that doesn't require me moving my hands and wrists much. Shaking a jar of buds with panty hose for 5 minutes hurts like a $%%@^%&)! I found some bargain prices bubble bags, and some bags from Canada that are looking nice for the dollar.

The bags for making hash aren't too expensive on ebay. (might be crap) Here's the bargain bags, or not, I found on ebay (same price Amazon):$28 Wirth it?
1-GALLON-4-BAG-HERBAL-EXTRACTS-BUBBLE-HASH-ICE-KIT-1GAL
bubble_bags_ebay.jpg

Now, this Canadian place with Wacky Bags looks better quality, but lower price for the new mesh?!! I like the idea of all mesh... and i can buy 1 gallon single bags for $6.99 each, free shipping! So, I could buy 3 of these in 1 gallon and upgrade if I like them? Is 1 gallon too small to work with a mixer and ice? Which 3 sizes are the best for starts? Do I need a pressing screen? (also $6.99) Is there anything else needed for this bubble hash project? The lowest I can get 3 5 gallons is for $39. If the 1 gals are usable and the price fair, I can always upgrade later if this is the winning method. Either stay cheap and try it out, or spend the money for something nice if everything cheap will just piss me off. :)

1 Gallon Bubble Hash Bags
bubble_bags_mesh.jpg

Oh, should mention the purity and quality of the results don't matter much at this time. These bags and the pollen sifter look like the best choices to me, but I don't know squat. :) Which is your favorite?

:yummy:

TY!!

Re: Which budget start-up hash/ keif making products are worth buying? (LOST of PICS!

Get a tumbler or make one, very easy and less work than the bag above where you have to shake n bake it basically...
I have heard about the pollen ones but I have no clue on them either.

Re: Which budget start-up hash/ keif making products are worth buying? (LOST of PICS!

Which kind to you recommend? I figured a couple of cheap bags would give me a good idea if I want to invest in something nicer, that requires less lifting. A 5 gal bucket of water is too much to carry.

I've seen a ice cream maker hash gadget, but the sifting and lifting is still an issue. It looks like hash, instead of keif, makes best use of the plant in the cleanest method. No alcohol of solvents. However, even the hash machines I've glanced at seem to require bags and lifting. If you know of something suitable for a small grower, let me know.

TY!

BTW, the little gadget on ebay holds olny 3/4 tablespoon of buds. WTH?!

Re: Which budget start-up hash/ keif making products are worth buying? (Lots of Pics!

Well I forget which one I built but I found the plans on this forum or another one. I'll look for it. It was pretty damn easy

Re: Which budget start-up hash/ keif making products are worth buying? (Lots of Pics!

Here's mmy progress on this so far:
I bought the pollen mill gadget above. Waste of $$. It hold very little and is difficult to turn. The tiny bottle is not the normal short vial we see for sale, but a mini vial that holds less than a gram of kief.

The 3 bubble bag set on ebay is also a waste on money. From what I read, the micron sizes are made up or not accurate plus the stitching and materials are cheap.

Real bubble bags/: They look great, but the price is too high for me!!

Wacky Willy bubble bags. : TO me this is the perfect solution. I ordered them today, each 1 gallon all mesh bag was $7, and comes in 8 sizes, plus in 5 or 22 gallons. The all mesh allows quick drainage, which seems important on the videos out there. The bags also are sold with only mesh bottoms for a bit more cost.

Here is what my plans are to test this:

Dry Ice Hash; I've seen the videos. 5 minutes with a $1 pound of dry ice and you are done. No draining, sifting, or lifting. Dry ice is cheaper than ice too! I ordered 220 and 160 micron bags, the two most popular for this method.

Bubble Hash: Most sets of three contain 1 220 work bag, 160 contaminate bag, and to get true quality bubble hash, the 73 micron. If I want the 45 and 25 bags or any larger ones, they are only $7 with free shipping. Easy! I ordered a pressing screen too, $70.

I'll follow up here when I give these a try. 3 1 gallon all mesh bags and one pressing screen cost me $28 CAD. For this cost, anything is worth a try. :)

I have been making bubble hash using ice extraction for several years now. I just watched several videos on Utube where they are doing dry ice extraction. I am going to try this tomorrow and I'll update the outcome. Dry ice looks like it produces much more than using ice and bubble bags. If it works like the videos show I'll be using dry ice all of the time. Talk about top bang for your buck!

On another note I just ordered a Piecemaker hash press yesterday and I'm waiting for that to compress my hash. I also ordered the three stamps that fit it. The stamps are a Marijuana Leaf, a Zodiac and a Ying/Yang. These stamps make the end product look real nice and professional and all. I'll update about this as soon as it arrives cause I'm more than ready to use it.

Cool! Dry ice hash is my winner too. You only need a 220 bag, a 190 smallest. I got nothing from the 160 bag. Guess that gives more plant material, but it works well, is cheap, easy, and fast. I bought three one gallon all mesh bags, only $6 from Wacky Willy. I got a 73mc too, just so I can try bubble hash for curiosity sake. The mesh bottom only bags might be less messy for dry ice, but $25 instead of $6. I found the videos annoying and just stuck my $2 worth of dry ice and some ground buds and shake in the bag and shook it gently over a huge glass picture frame. I did 4 ounces with just a tiny chunk of dry ice. Oddly, the hash looks like keif, but compacts more easily. I like the 220 size as more plant matter makes it easier to use in my vaporizers.

The little keif mill was a waste of money. My hands were too weak to turn it and it was small and heavy. If I were choosing to go with bubble hash, those all mesh bags are just perfect! The water drains out quickly. BTW, the gallon sized bags are very small... An ounce fit in it. They are the size of a gallon milk jug cut below the handle.

I love the bubble bags. I personally have a cheaper set of the 1 gallon bags. The original "Bubble Bags" are kinda pricey so, I got some cheap knock-offs from eBay. I got a set of 5 bags, 220,160,120,73, & 25.They work great. I got 3 1 gal plastic paint buckets from a hardware store which work great. I work the greens in the 220 bag in a bucket by itself and pour the water from that bucket into another bucket containing the 160 and 120 bags. Then pour that water through the last 2 bags in the last bucket. I find it easier to work just 2 bags at a time than all bags together in 1 bucket. I get a bunch of green stuff from the 160 and 120 bags. It's not that great. The stuff I get from the last 2 bags is awesome! The water will sometimes stop flowing through the smallest mesh but that just means that you have a good amount of good stuff. With a little patience and a spoon rubbed across the bottom of the bag you're back in business.

I'm planning on getting a 5 gal working(220) bag and a 90 and 45 1 gal bags. That way I can start with more and end with more smokable grades of hash. I'll probably do away with the 120 bag and toss the stuff in the 160. It takes a bit of work but it's worth it. I just made about a gram yesterday from some trimmings. No, it ain't much. But what else would I do with that stuff? With the great buds, I don't wanna smoke it. Bubble bag hash is awesome!

Tried the dry ice method of extraction and I'm not sure I will ever do it another way. I produced 19 grams of keif from about 4 ounces of dried bud and leaves! I never got close to that amount doing regular ice extraction.

The piecemaker works great. I can now compress my keif into nice hard disks. I got the extra stamps for it so I've been making disks with the Ying/Yang symbol.
It looks, tastes and kicks your ass like the hash from the 70's.

703, it was easy wasn't it? :) I asked someone why a 220 bag produces such pure hash with dry ice, but with bubble hash 220 is the work bag. The answer was that the dry ice doze the plant and trichs solid, making the trichs breaking off with little plant matter. With the dry ice, you only gently shake the bag over glass for a minute or two. Bubble hash requires a lot of mixing and stirring for each bag. Out of curiosity, i'll try bubble hash some day, but dry ice is my winner!

Tecumseh, if I were to make bubble hash in one gallon bags, i'd go with what you are doing.... A 5 gal cheap work bag, then the rest in one gallons. Try the all mesh gallons, they are top quality but only $7 per bag! In all the videos I've watched for bubble hash, the problem of draining the finer micro bags is an issue. Here, the all mesh bags seem a good choice. Just think, you'd get more dry ice then you can use for under $5 (which buys one bag of ice) and even if you use your own ice, it takes a lot longer and more work! Whether you have trim for one plant or 10, the process would be over before you even get one bubble bag stirred up,and drained! Since you already have bubble bags and are used to bubble hash. Let me know how the results compare...I luv experiments. Lol

I made 14 cookies from my 7 grams of dry ice hash. There was so little plant matter, I didn't even have to rinse the budder first. :) Each cookie had a half gram of hash in it and got more potent daily! Next round, I'll weigh my buds before and after hash making. Am curious... DI hash can be made into all other concentrates, like BHO, ISO, bubble hash, tinctures, oils, butter, drinks, and more. I Also want to try out making glycerine tinctures. I tried one one and the relief was immediate and long lasting! :)

I'm intrigued. So, where does one purchase dry ice?

I'm intrigued. So, where does one purchase dry ice?

Generally anyone listed in the phonebook as an ice cream distributor will sell you dry ice.

I found 3 grocery stores in a nearby town. I was surprised but, it is a college town and perhaps there is a large market for it. Maybe there are a lot of students making hash.

I made kief using the dry ice method. Does anyone know how to turn kief into hash? I bought the Piecemaker press but the pressed "dry ice" kief is not as potent as the hash I pressed using bubble bags. I am now using a 220 micron bag(dry ice method) and maybe should use a finer bag. The amount of kief from the "dry ice" method is at least double that of the bubble bag hash.

I always thought any new replies would bring the threads I've started to the top of the list. Now, I don't k ow what the best way is to keep track of threads and posts.... Crud!

I wrote these instructions in another OT thread. They make it easier!

I think you might have bubble hash, keif, and bubble hash jumbled. :) all 3 could be done with 220mcr bags, even keif in theory. I used pantyhose for keif. For the dry ice, you can use bubble bags. I've never heard of anyone using smaller than 190mcron. I use 220, but tried 160 once. The 220 is fine, with almost no plant material going through. People say it depends on the strain. It's so easy, I've never used the bubble bags for bubble hash.
1) dry ice. (no water!) It's 1/4 the price of a bag of ice! Groceries have it
2) 1 gallon or 5 gallon bubble bag, all mesh or mesh bottom. $7-$25
3) optional bucket 1-5 gallon
4) bud shake trim, whatever. I freeze mine first
5) gloves
6) large flat clean surface, glass is best

I skip putting anything in a bucket, but cinch the top of the bag shut. I just do an ounce at a time in the one gallon, but might buy a 5 gal for this harvest. Break up the ice a bit and dump bud with a small piece or few in your bag, or bucket with bag over the top, hold it upside down over your glass and gently shake.

In just a minute you'll have a huge pile of pure clean dry hash! My glass is 18x30" and it catches most of it from a gallon bag, but more space the less waste. A Formica table top is fine too. Most people people run the bag through there 2-3 times, but I just give 1 run ang give the rest away to those who need it more. Scrape up you hash with a card or blade and store. The only contaminate I get through the bag is cat hair and carpet fibers. The trichs break off and very little plant goes through. I do grind the buds first, but when frozen they crumble apart anyway.
As far as I know, nothing is lost in this process. If any of the terpenes or good properties are in the plant and not the trichs, then most hash methods would lose I. I sure shush I knew someone to ask! SO should know that much at least.

Here are photos I have left over from my last run. I'll start a new thread next time I do this. I should add,i used to make kief with panty hose over a jar of frozen ground buds. It never worked with my 220 mar silk screen. Dry ice freezes the trichs and makes them very brittle. If you just gently shake the bag of buds and DI through a 220mcr screen, you get very very little plant material, unlike kief making. I did try this with a 160mcr bag and got next to nothing. 190 is the finest i'd used, in matter of fact I'm ordering another larger 220 bag. For just $7 for a 1 gallon 220 bag, it is completely worth the money to try it. $14 for a 190 and 220, free shipping!

Dry Ice hash looks a lot like kief, but it is more pure and has the texture of brown sugar. I believe to make either one into a hash puck, all you need is to heat and press. I have made budder from kief and dry ice hash. The budder with DI hash was more potent and tasted better, as there was so little plantmmatter. You can make DI into any other form of hash, even to run it through a few bubble bags, BHO, ISO, tinctures, and more. It is cheap, pure and easy! Dry Ice is much much cheaper than reg ice and very little is needed. Grocery stores keep it next to the ice machine in a large cooler.

Here's from the other thread:
I think you might have bubble hash, keif, and bubble hash jumbled. :) all 3 could be done with 220mcr bags, even keif in theory. I used pantyhose for keif. For the dry ice, you can use bubble bags. I've never heard of anyone using smaller than 190mcron. I use 220, but tried 160 once. The 220 is fine, with almost no plant material going through. People say it depends on the strain. It's so easy, I've never used the bubble bags for bubble hash.
1) dry ice. (no water!) It's 1/4 the price of a bag of ice! Groceries have it
2) 1 gallon or 5 gallon bubble bag, all mesh or mesh bottom. $7-$25
3) optional bucket 1-5 gallon
4) bud shake trim, whatever. I freeze mine first
5) gloves
6) large flat clean surface, glass is best

I skip putting anything in a bucket, but cinch the top of the bag shut. I just do an ounce at a time in the one gallon, but might buy a 5 gal for this harvest. Break up the ice a bit and dump bud with a small piece or few in your bag, or bucket with bag over the top, hold it upside down over your glass and gently shake.

In just a minute you'll have a huge pile of pure clean dry hash! My glass is 18x30" and it catches most of it from a gallon bag, but more space the less waste. A Formica table top is fine too. Most people people run the bag through there 2-3 times, but I just give 1 run ang give the rest away to those who need it more. Scrape up you hash with a card or blade and store. The only contaminate I get through the bag is cat hair and carpet fibers. The trichs break off and very little plant goes through. I do grind the buds first, but when frozen they crumble apart anyway.
As far as I know, nothing is lost in this process. If any of the terpenes or good properties are in the plant and not the trichs, then most hash methods would lose I. I sure shush I knew someone to ask! SO should know that much at least.

Herr are my photos:

This one shows my ground shake and buds in a one gallon all mesh Wacky Willy bag. An all mesh is awesome for draining bubble bags, but a mesh bottom is easier for this method:
dry_ice_bubble_bag.jpg

This one shows the hash after I scraped it up. I don't remember the numbers... It was less than 3 oz of buds and mire than 20g of hash! This is more than twice what I got from making kief. Notice the amber color of late harvest buds. My GDP harvest made pink hash, an early harvest gave me an off white. It is so pure... Awesome! I'll be ordering a 220 5 gallon bag for this harvest, and a 1 gallon 190mcr bag to try out. 160 is too small. Now, after I do this with the 220 5 gal, I could then use the 190 to further refine, or will try. I could also take all that DI hash and run it through my set of all mesh bubble bags with ice, out of curiosity... It would make the process easier, but is not needed! You can order one bag for $7 to try this out. $2 DI. There's nothing to lose!!! BTE, I am making capsules from this, 1/2g per cap is way too strong so far. I heat the hash in the oven at 225F. If you want to press this, buy a $5 all metal press and toss it in the oven!
Dry_Ice_Hash_one_run.jpg

Herr is a pic of the jar of finished hash. Notice, no green! I packed that hash in there tight to fit. This is a 1/8bud jar from harbor side. This full of buds cost me $65. Imagine how much the same jar full of hash is!
Shiva_Shanti_Dry_Ice_Hash.jpg

Here is a pic showing all 7 qt jars which were once full of buds, the jar of hash, and the plastic bag containing the left over buds. Most people run their weed twice, but I either vaporize it or donate it to people needing it. If you have a volcano, the bud chamber full of leftover dry ice buds will still get you 5 bags of vapors!!! Unlike all mother hash forms, the buds can be reused for anything, even smoking! A win win.
7qt_jars_buds_to_20_g_hash.jpg

If anyone knows how I can post a video here, without using YouTube, plz PM me and let me know!

Plz help our veterans! Deadline is 25OCT for signatures!!!

OK, I know this is off topic, but I will put it in as many threads i've started, as I can. We have 3 days left to get the last 800 signatures on the Whitehouse petition to allow medical Cannabis for all veterans with PTSD, not just the ones in med states. This is a safe and reliable source, you just need to set up an email and account and sign away, then pass it on. I've received no spam or crap from this. If you are a veteran and don't know of the VMCA or Michael Krawitz who is the man responsible for getting the VA to let vets in med states use MMJ and not lose benefits, then check this website out at the bottom.

Our troops need your help, whether you agree with the war or not. Many of these poor soldiers are disposable and being medically boarded out with no awareness that they have rights and there is help out there. Please, help them. We can't know what they see and relive each time they close their eyes, but we CAN help get them the only treatment that works, Medical Cannabis.

Thank you for your support!

Only 862 more signatures needed for Veterans medical marijuana petition.

Please assist Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access in reaching our
goal of 5000 signatures by 25 October. Time is quickly running out!

We already have 4,138 signatures and are only 862 short of our goal.

Once we have reached our goal this petition will automatically be sent
to the White House for an obligatory answer and we will be using this
to kick off a series of actions designed to bring negative attention to
the recent federal escalation against medical marijuana. Your help is
a significant piece of that puzzle. We need you to sign and get as
many others to sign as possible.

As the leader of Veterans For Medical Cannabis
Access [VMCA] I helped the VA create a medical marijuana policy that
respects the rights of disabled Veterans using this important
medicine per state
laws. That policy has been made to look like a cruel joke given the latest
actions of this presidential administration.

In response to the actions of the president our
organization has crafted a petition that we have placed on the new White House

"Allow United States Disabled Military Veterans access to medical marijuana."

The fact that a Veteran in New Mexico can use cannabis legally for PTSd but
a similar Veteran in Florida will not only face arrest by state
police for using
the same medicine but face punishment at the VA
hospital as well is wrong. It is illogical. It is not the practice
of medicine it
is the practice of politics on the wounded and it is shameful and it must end.

Michael Krawitz is a Disabled United States Air Force Sergeant
and Executive Director of Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access.

><><

Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access
3551 Flatwoods Road - Elliston, Virginia 24087 -- 540-365-2141 --
"Michael" <<mailto:miguet@infionline.net>miguet@infionline .n et>

I have very low opinion of bubble headache/hash, I bought the bubblelator kit years ago for around $600 direct from Holland, they sell for about $135 on ebay now days, also used to give away the trim in trade for bubble crap/hash. I am glad to see the trend moving toward real hash making. We like to mix oil with kief and call it rocky mountain goat turd and high country hash. mixed and balled rolled in goat liter/kief we give it away and get some request's for it. Unlike the bubble/harsh products. I like it, it's easy to handle rolls into thin worms for rolling into joint's yummy yummy smooth non expanding smoke. Vaporizes also, the only complaint is that is a bit too much medication for some user's. The hash making industry took a hard hit due to water extraction methods in our opinion.A machine that looks good to me is the agricultural pollen extractor

Let us know how the vape goes. Dry ice yields a ton but how good is it? I tried vaporizing once but didn't get good results. That could be because I did it wrong? I haven't had my volcano very long so I'm still screwing with the temp. Trial and error, trial and error...

Back
Top Bottom