If prepared properly, can I smoke goat food?

Pwnyboy

I had been wanting to try some sort of extraction for a long time, the hole process fascinates me, whateves... So my pal Dutty offers to hook me up with some fan leaf, it's just his garbage that he feed his goats, so wtf... Let's give this a go...

IMG_20141206_134728_zps20619a5a.jpg

3/4lb or so of ground and frozen leaves and frozen 99% Isopropyl alcohol. I used a little more than twice the alcohol in the pic, the weed and alcohol filled the blue container twice. Somewhere around 11 cups total after draining and straining.

IMG_20141205_094033_zpsc88218be.jpg

2 of these, the 2nd was added as the first was evaporated off.

IMG_20141205_093218_zps96a14d81.jpg

Time to let the rice cooker do it's thing...

IMG_20141205_103210_zpse7e89295.jpg

IMG_20141205_104748_zps9eacbdc3.jpg

Just about done, almost time to move it to a smaller container.

IMG_20141205_113346_zpsbb6a0ec1.jpg

IMG_20141205_113734_zpsf830d007.jpg

I have it on a nice low heat purging the last of the alcohol.

IMG_20141205_123723_zps57083933.jpg

I didn't get back as much as I had hoped, but what I did get is great to smoke.

IMG_20141205_132508_zps1a21b7d5.jpg

The color is nice, considering the materials used... fan leaves with stems, blended into oblivion in a kitchen ninja.

IMG_20141205_132531_zps7a666844.jpg

So the answer is yes, you can in fact smoke goat food.

IMG_20141205_132620_zpsfee2fbfd.jpg

"Goat food", and "smoking goat food" Is a little misleading in the title. Most people would refer to this as trim, and you basically just made concentrated Cannabis oil. How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Since trim has a lower concentration of trichomes, people will typically only use the trim to make various oils or hash instead of smoking the trim.

This wasn't even trim though. This was just garbage fan leaves pulled from Defoiliation in mid flower. And it is goat food my goats eat 3-5 lbs of fan and sweepings weekly. But yes antics it is technically trim. Wait till he runs my actual trim from the nugs. And I also have oracle extracts run a whole plant Lil over hp per run. The dispensaries pay me great for the nug runs.

The post was just for fun. I am still learning the whole extraction process, but I think I have a pretty good handle on it now. Looking forward to running a higher quality base material in the future.

when I read the title i thought wtf,lmao

do the goats love the weed as much as they do poison ivy?? they cleaned my fence lines clean in a matter of days

The goats were purchased cause I didn't want lbs of leaf every week going to the dump. Also drying just to burn was a waste of space shit just keeping it around was a waste of space lol. So pwnyboy figured it would help him learn a Lil more. And to be honest some if it was clear and good zero chlorophyll. I honestly was blown away. Took him almost an lb to get I forget how many grams but very few. But it was a good product. But goats will still get there free high. Lol.

hey if it was going to the goats/land fill,then any product retrieve was/is a good deal

are they pets,or do you eat them?? wondering how a goat eating weed would taste,mmmm,bbq goat

wondering how a goat eating weed would taste,mmmm,bbq goat

My guess is they'd probably taste pretty damn good! The only down side to eating marijuana fed goats is the high that might come with the meal. You'd get the munchies and snack on more goat every 30 minutes, that could be a vicious cycle.

Lmao. I may just eat these goats next fall. My outdoor garden actual vegetables will be done around the same time. Got bbq and big jam session sounds good.

I will take some of my next run, probably tomorrow. I happen to have some pretty damn fine "trim" to use at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom