I try to make hash at home please help

Old hacker

Hello everyone before 5 min I try to make hash without success
I try to make it with fresh leaves and my filter was tea bag filter
So I have some questions please answer all as you can
1) can I make hash with fresh leaves or dry leaves?
2) can I make hash with the little buds (fresh buds) on the part down from my plants (Auto Short Rider from nirvana)? And the buds not ready now for harvest !!!
3) what can I use for filter the hash ? I don't have coffee filter can I use tea bag filter? Or what can I use from my home to filter?

Thank you guys !!

Re: I try to make hash at home please help..

The simplest method might be done by mixing the buds and/or leaves that have resin on them in a jar with ice cubes and cold water. Agitate- stir and mix together well for 5-20 minutes (experiment). Strain it with a sieve and paper towel or cloth. Leave the strained water to settle and a gray sludge will form on bottom. This is hash. It won't be top grade. You have to pour/strain off the water then dry the sludge before smoking.

Thank you guys
But you don't tell me if I should to make hash when I harvest the plants?
Or can I make it now 60~ days old auto short rider

You need frozen plant material to start with .. if you freeze wet plant material, you will bust it's cells. You can quick dry in an oven at temperatures below 50C / 122F or by having it exposed to an airflow in a reasonable dry room / box. You do not care about terpenes and such .. you are after the trichomes. Mind that higher temperatures, or long drying periods in the mentioned temps, will start the decarboxylation process as well .. converting THCA to THC, but also, albeit at a slower rate initially, THC to CBN. In short: do not dry longer then an hour in the oven unless you do not mind or even prefer more couchlock.

Thank you guys
But you don't tell me if I should to make hash when I harvest the plants?
Or can I make it now 60~ days old auto short rider

Just collect all the extra trim from the harvest, let it dry out until the leaves/popcorn bud are crispy and then pop it all in the freezer until you're ready to use it

So I finally get coffe filter I chop the little buds and some leaves now its on dry stage
How many days you guys recommend to dry the little buds? In a good temperature 16c in the night and 20 - 28 in day light
I think something like 3-4 days and make hash with cold water with ice

The quality of the cannabis goes down a little .. but for your purpose, making hasj from it, it will do. The reason not to fast dry, has to do with the plant material and how it tastes during smoking, but you are gonna separate the trichomes from the plant matter, so it's sortof irrelevant. The only thing that remains is decarboxylation, hence not longer then an hour max and not above 50C.

For what it's worth I usually don't dry my trim for making hash- just freeze it green. Frozen green trim yields less hash but quite a bit better quality. I'm guessing this relates to the amount of fine dust that filters through along with the trichomes when using dried material.

I agree with Weaselcracker .. I usually do two washes .. the first one by hand, with a spoon or something .. this will break off the trichome heads mostly .. the quality of this batch is A+. The next one is done with a mixer, and there will be a lot of stuff in there that you can smoke, it will get you high, but it will not melt.

So yesterday I dry the leaves and the little buds in oven 45 min 50c
The leaves was dry but the little buds+stems was little moisture
I added them to cold water with ice and close the jar and shake like 10-15min
After that I put the jar in the freezer 20min
And I filter this with using coffee filter
And what I get?
Some hairs (from the buds) but I don't get some hash powder
Why ? Maybe it's need to dry out the buds?

Ehr .. that is NOT how you make hasj.

Re-dry the material .. then loosly break it up. Put a layer of ice in a bucket/jar/whatever. Make sure it is about an inch thick .. you want lots of ice crashing into the plant material.

In top of that goes the plant material.

Add cold water, as cold as you can get it, maybe even pre-fridge it. Add to bucket/jar/whatever, so that your plant material is covered by about an inch of water.

Start stirring pretty hard, for about 15 minutes, but at least till a layer of foam is on the water, that will take a while to disapear again.

Filter out the plant material with a strainer, KEEP THE WATER.

Let the water rest for at least 4 hours, a bunch of gunk will settle at the bottom. That is your hashj .. in a couple of hours that is.

Once settled, siphon off the water to about an inch above the gunk. Make sure not to disturb it. If you do, let it settle again before you proceed.

Refill the jar with clean water, and let settle again .. this time it will go faster. Siphon off the water again, and repeat this process till you have clear water after settling.

Now siphon of the water again, tilt the bucket, jar whatever, to get as much water out as possible, without disturbing the layer of gunk.

Then poor what is left in a large tray or something, where the remaining water will not be enough to fill the whole area. Use a paper towel, folded a few times, to soak out the remaining water.

Scrape the gunk together, then redisperse in an even manner, and let this dry. Impatient people like myself use the oven again, at 45C till visible moisture is gone. This goes faster if you did the previous step well enough.

Leave overnight, till the texture is that of dry mud. If it does not feel like dry mud, it is not dry yet.

Collect the dry powder, put in a plastic bag or something, fold the bag to limit the space it can go as much as possible, fill bottle with hot water, and apply heat and pressure to the packet of powder. The trichomes will melt together this way.

Get the end result out, roll it into a canola, repeat the pressing. Do this a few times, till the hasj has a nice even consistency.

You might find that it remains a powder, and that pressing will seem to work, but it falls apart again when trying to handle .. my theory is that there is too much plant material left in there .. it will get you high .. you might be able to press it with a hammerpress, but heat and 80kg will not :p

Buying yourself a few filterbags could help you out here .. in that case youjust pour the end result throug the filterbags, and take them out one by one, rinse them with running water, and scrape off, dry, and you'll have different qualities.

Hope this helps. Youtube on gravity hasj for videos.

Wow thank you very much
I will do it when the plants will be ready for harvest and dry as well

If you can spare the money, I'd go straight for bubblebags .. if you search on this forum for 'cheap bubblebag alternatives' you should be able to find a set that suits your budget. At least a working bag to filter out the plant material is needed, and then a few sizes for your end product. Research a bit what different microns sizes yield to determine what you are going to need. Or just buy an 8 bag kit.

Back
Top Bottom