How to - Rosin Tech

Ok everyone here is a quick tutorial on how to make some awesome solventless oil. The process uses heat and pressure and start to finish can take less than 5 minutes with some practice. The end product can range from light yellow shatter to amber sap depending on material be technique. You will need:

1 flat iron - for straightening hair. Digital temp control is best, but an IR gun and an analog flag iron works as well.
Parchment paper. Wax paper will not do!
Oven mitt - the flat iron gets hot
Some nice nugs or no melt hash.

image20345.jpg

First, we want to use small pieces. .25-.5 is ideal depending on size of your flat iron. I use a one inch, two inch would be better. Here I start with 2g of some harlequin.

image20346.jpg

image20347.jpg

Next, set your flat iron to 320-360f. Higher temps press more oil out faster, but will be a darker and sappy product, depending on technique. Test different temps to see what works best for you. Here I use 320.

image20348.jpg

Take a piece of parchment paper and fold it in half. Place a small nug in the middle.

image20349.jpg

Put the parchment with nug between the flat iron, and quickly and evenly press down. A fair amount of pressure is used, but don't break your flat iron all you Hercules type out there. My little Japanese girlfriend can press out nugs so press hard, but dont blame me if you break your iron. I used a little silicon dab pad as my oven mit.

Press down no more than 3 seconds unless you want dark burnt sap!

image20350.jpg
image20351.jpg

Quickly and carefully slide the parchment out, sure to not let the smashed but slide and wipe away the hot oil. Once cool, seconds later, move the bud to a new spot and press again, same technique. Third presses can be useful or not depending on the bud and amount of heat and pressure used.

image20352.jpg
image20353.jpg
image20354.jpg

Your bud should be pretty damn thin when done. I save them for edibles, they are activated and rather potent.

image20355.jpg

Finally, scrape up your oil with a dabber and enjoy! I got .3 yield which isn't so bad, about 15%. I'll post a series of pictures of pressing some The White, and the yields are phenomenal!

image20356.jpg
image20359.jpg
image20360.jpg

This is the harlequin bud I used. Frosty, but a known low to medium yielder.

image20357.jpg

2g of the white. .5 yield. 25% yield of super yummy and clean solventless meds. Quick and easy!

image20361.jpg
image20362.jpg
image20363.jpg
image20364.jpg
image20365.jpg
image20366.jpg
image20367.jpg
image20368.jpg

Any negatives with this process? Or is it literally as dank as some BHO? Cause this shit almost seems to good to be true but I hope it's not

Only possible negative would be low yield on some material. I've tried to press out the nicest Jack Herer nugs and barely get anything. GSC yields really well. Blue dream yields ok, but unbelievable flavor! Trial and error will get you the furthest!

Only possible negative would be low yield on some material. I've tried to press out the nicest Jack Herer nugs and barely get anything. GSC yields really well. Blue dream yields ok, but unbelievable flavor! Trial and error will get you the furthest!
Thanks. Thats amazing and game changing how high quality this Errl is. Definetly gonna play around with it, been a Water Hash man for a while now

Ur method is cool n all but very time consuming. I wonder if I used a t shirt press instead of my flat iron or curling iron I could process more at once. There is no way as a hashmaker I could keep up with local patients demands when it takes 20 min to make a gram of rosin js. I love that its solvent less but I am not excited about how much u can process at once. I'd love to try this with a t shirt press and c what the what what is:) PS ty for sharing this cheers!

Ur method is cool n all but very time consuming. I wonder if I used a t shirt press instead of my flat iron or curling iron I could process more at once. There is no way as a hashmaker I could keep up with local patients demands when it takes 20 min to make a gram of rosin js. I love that its solvent less but I am not excited about how much u can process at once. I'd love to try this with a t shirt press and c what the what what is:) PS ty for sharing this cheers!

People are using a t-shirt press to do this method! You weren't the first, but that doesn't make it any less of a good idea :high-five:

It's still being played with bUT if u can keep the heat low and still get the oil it will taste cleaner. Soilgrown is got good info on this, he's the one that brought the technique to light.

I did a live rosin extraction and didn't have a good return, but I will be trying again. First attempt wad recorded and i will record the second attempt as well.

I still prefer my full melt over rosin, rosin with bubble hash is another option which I did get a good return from some 120m

Hashchurch sundays!

I&I

I've been pressing out kief with pretty good results, hope this is alright to post here. I will begin implementing a 25 micron screen in order to catch more leafy organic matter and the trichome vessel itself. Here are some shots and close-ups.

P1012555.JPG

P1012556.JPG

rosin1.jpg

rosin2.jpg

rosin4.jpg

rosin3.jpg

rosin5.jpg

rosin8.jpg

rosin6.jpg

rosin10.jpg

----
P10125521.JPG
P1012588.JPG

P1012545.JPG

Really awesome technique.. can't lie I have been doing this for the past 4 days non stop.
Flavor is comparable to some great melty hash, without having to run the RO, drop 4oz into ice water, dry time, etc. :high-five::cheer:

Here is an article that was shown to me regarding heat and THC, surely someone will enjoy!!
CA215:volcano-smiley:

I've been pressing out kief with pretty good results, hope this is alright to post here. I will begin implementing a 25 micron screen in order to catch more leafy organic matter and the trichome vessel itself. Here are some shots and close-ups.

P1012555.JPG

P1012556.JPG

rosin1.jpg

rosin2.jpg

rosin4.jpg

rosin3.jpg

rosin5.jpg

rosin8.jpg

rosin6.jpg

rosin10.jpg

----
P10125521.JPG
P1012588.JPG

P1012545.JPG

Really awesome technique.. can't lie I have been doing this for the past 4 days non stop.
Flavor is comparable to some great melty hash, without having to run the RO, drop 4oz into ice water, dry time, etc. :high-five::cheer:

Here is an article that was shown to me regarding heat and THC, surely someone will enjoy!!
CA215:volcano-smiley:

Wrap that hash in a piece of 25u pressing screen and it will catch all the contaminate when you squish!

After my post above, I kiefed some super silver haze and gathered into a ball within the old (not so clean) 25 micron pressing screen.. Gave it the 4-5 second squeeze at ~330f. I am noticing a reduction in yield but a staggering jump in clarity, real nice looking stuff. While collecting it acted like jolly rancher candy shattering and flicking everywhere, a bit harder to work with in my opinion, but that rip was worth it! Here are some shots, hope ya enjoy! :joint: CA215

P1012597.JPG

P1012604.JPG

P1012608.JPG

rosin25u_1.jpg

rosin25u_2.jpg

rosin25u_3.jpg

Half collected on TI dabber
rosin25u_t1.jpg

rosin25u_t2.jpg

rosin25u_8.jpg

rosin25u_6.jpg

rosin25u_9.jpg

rosin25u_7.jpg

Real tasty stuff!

IMG_89441.jpg

I was sent this the morning from my hash Partner. He got it from the rosin tech guys On some social network.

I did a live rosin run, will be doing more for experiements.

I&I

Damn that looks great.. Might have to try the Kief technique when I have enough.

Pakalolo I was curious, have you tried this with frozen (directly after harvest) buds?

Thanks! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Damn that looks great.. Might have to try the Kief technique when I have enough.

Pakalolo I was curious, have you tried this with frozen (directly after harvest) buds?

Thanks! :cheesygrinsmiley:

No I havent, and considering the process uses heat for extraction, I'm not sure of any possible benefits freezing may offer.
I have tried fresh buds. Slightly more difficult to press, but yield is good. Flavor reminds me more of full melt when pressing wet nugs.

No I havent, and considering the process uses heat for extraction, I'm not sure of any possible benefits freezing may offer.
I have tried fresh buds. Slightly more difficult to press, but yield is good. Flavor reminds me more of full melt when pressing wet nugs.

I believe that is because the Terpene levels in a living plant are MUCH higher than those in a harvested/dried and cured plant... Which is a benefit to freezing fresh, because those Terpenes are all saved until extraction, giving your final product a better taste.. I guess I will give it a try! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom