Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to - Rosin Tech

Plant of the Month - September 2014 Plant of the Month February 2015 PakaloloHawaii's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How to - Rosin Tech

Ok everyone here is a quick tutorial on how to make some awesome solventless oil. The process uses heat and pressure and start to finish can take less than 5 minutes with some practice. The end product can range from light yellow shatter to amber sap depending on material be technique. You will need:

1 flat iron - for straightening hair. Digital temp control is best, but an IR gun and an analog flag iron works as well.
    Parchment paper. Wax paper will not do!
    Oven mitt - the flat iron gets hot
    Some nice nugs or no melt hash.

First, we want to use small pieces. .25-.5 is ideal depending on size of your flat iron. I use a one inch, two inch would be better. Here I start with 2g of some harlequin.

Next, set your flat iron to 320-360f. Higher temps press more oil out faster, but will be a darker and sappy product, depending on technique. Test different temps to see what works best for you. Here I use 320.

Take a piece of parchment paper and fold it in half. Place a small nug in the middle.

Put the parchment with nug between the flat iron, and quickly and evenly press down. A fair amount of pressure is used, but don't break your flat iron all you Hercules type out there. My little Japanese girlfriend can press out nugs so press hard, but dont blame me if you break your iron. I used a little silicon dab pad as my oven mit.

Press down no more than 3 seconds unless you want dark burnt sap!

Quickly and carefully slide the parchment out, sure to not let the smashed but slide and wipe away the hot oil. Once cool, seconds later, move the bud to a new spot and press again, same technique. Third presses can be useful or not depending on the bud and amount of heat and pressure used.

Your bud should be pretty damn thin when done. I save them for edibles, they are activated and rather potent.

Finally, scrape up your oil with a dabber and enjoy! I got .3 yield which isn't so bad, about 15%. I'll post a series of pictures of pressing some The White, and the yields are phenomenal!

This is the harlequin bud I used. Frosty, but a known low to medium yielder.

2g of the white. .5 yield. 25% yield of super yummy and clean solventless meds. Quick and easy!

JBUptown, mcspade, premedgrow, ShiggityFlip, Rex Pigeons thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

re: How to - Rosin Tech

25% yield? Credit to the farmer! Hahaha

On Vacation
    Post Thanks / Like

I was waiting for you to post this after seeing you show in docs thread. Rep point's awarded.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty cool stuff.

I may have to give this a try down the road.

Thanks for sharing
    PakaloloHawaii, OldMedUser liked this post

You Can't Grow Organic Without The Soil Food Web<---click here to find out why

Organic Multi-Strain, Perpetual, Mars-Hydro Grow. How To Beat Bugs Organically. And Risky Seed Making. All This And More. Click HERE!! (current)

SweetLeef, the 1st. COMPLETE

SweetLeef's #2 The Presidential Suit: COMPLETE

SweetLeef's Basic CannaPaste How To. Ala NewCure(current)

SweetLeef's Thai Chile Grow. Hmong Genetics. Off Topic Journal (current)

BE SURE TO VOTE IN THIS MONTHS CONTESTS!!!

Smoke up, do what you must do
    Wake up, inhale the earth grown fumes
    Higher than mountains, but oh so goddamn deep
    The morning star we reach
    - Down, The Seed

S.D.M.F.

Post Thanks / Like

Any negatives with this process? Or is it literally as dank as some BHO? Cause this shit almost seems to good to be true but I hope it's not
    SweetSue, OldMedUser liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I envision a cool press combined with heater coil, great stuff Tav!
    PakaloloHawaii, OldMedUser liked this post

Plant of the Month - September 2014 Plant of the Month February 2015 PakaloloHawaii's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousSmoker View Post
    Any negatives with this process? Or is it literally as dank as some BHO? Cause this shit almost seems to good to be true but I hope it's not
    Only possible negative would be low yield on some material. I've tried to press out the nicest Jack Herer nugs and barely get anything. GSC yields really well. Blue dream yields ok, but unbelievable flavor! Trial and error will get you the furthest!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PakaloloHawaii View Post
    Only possible negative would be low yield on some material. I've tried to press out the nicest Jack Herer nugs and barely get anything. GSC yields really well. Blue dream yields ok, but unbelievable flavor! Trial and error will get you the furthest!
    Thanks. Thats amazing and game changing how high quality this Errl is. Definetly gonna play around with it, been a Water Hash man for a while now
    PakaloloHawaii, Graytail, OldMedUser liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Going to give this a whirl good write up +rep
    SweetLeef, PakaloloHawaii, OldMedUser liked this post

Subnoise's Sour Monster Grow Journal (status-complete)

Don't forget to vote for Monthley Contests

Post Thanks / Like

Ur method is cool n all but very time consuming. I wonder if I used a t shirt press instead of my flat iron or curling iron I could process more at once. There is no way as a hashmaker I could keep up with local patients demands when it takes 20 min to make a gram of rosin js. I love that its solvent less but I am not excited about how much u can process at once. I'd love to try this with a t shirt press and c what the what what is PS ty for sharing this cheers!
    SweetLeef, Hiker, OldMedUser, CaneyeBus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cassativa View Post
    Ur method is cool n all but very time consuming. I wonder if I used a t shirt press instead of my flat iron or curling iron I could process more at once. There is no way as a hashmaker I could keep up with local patients demands when it takes 20 min to make a gram of rosin js. I love that its solvent less but I am not excited about how much u can process at once. I'd love to try this with a t shirt press and c what the what what is PS ty for sharing this cheers!
    People are using a t-shirt press to do this method! You weren't the first, but that doesn't make it any less of a good idea
    Kriaze, OldMedUser liked this post

You Can't Grow Organic Without The Soil Food Web<---click here to find out why

Organic Multi-Strain, Perpetual, Mars-Hydro Grow. How To Beat Bugs Organically. And Risky Seed Making. All This And More. Click HERE!! (current)

SweetLeef, the 1st. COMPLETE

SweetLeef's #2 The Presidential Suit: COMPLETE

SweetLeef's Basic CannaPaste How To. Ala NewCure(current)

SweetLeef's Thai Chile Grow. Hmong Genetics. Off Topic Journal (current)

BE SURE TO VOTE IN THIS MONTHS CONTESTS!!!

Smoke up, do what you must do
    Wake up, inhale the earth grown fumes
    Higher than mountains, but oh so goddamn deep
    The morning star we reach
    - Down, The Seed

S.D.M.F.

Post Thanks / Like

It's still being played with bUT if u can keep the heat low and still get the oil it will taste cleaner. Soilgrown is got good info on this, he's the one that brought the technique to light.

I did a live rosin extraction and didn't have a good return, but I will be trying again. First attempt wad recorded and i will record the second attempt as well.

I still prefer my full melt over rosin, rosin with bubble hash is another option which I did get a good return from some 120m

Hashchurch sundays!

I&I
    OldMedUser liked this post

Properly MAKING & TAKING of cannabis oil(RSO) By 420motoco

Plant of the Month Winner - February 2014 CA215's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up re: How to - Rosin Tech

I've been pressing out kief with pretty good results, hope this is alright to post here. I will begin implementing a 25 micron screen in order to catch more leafy organic matter and the trichome vessel itself. Here are some shots and close-ups.

----

Really awesome technique.. can't lie I have been doing this for the past 4 days non stop.
    Flavor is comparable to some great melty hash, without having to run the RO, drop 4oz into ice water, dry time, etc.

Here is an article that was shown to me regarding heat and THC, surely someone will enjoy!!
    CA215

"Creation as an antidote for destruction"

"Wisdom is respected, Hatred is rejected"

- 420Magazine Links -
    - The Mission - Support the Mission - Forum Guidelines - Sponsors - Plant Abuse Chart -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CA215 View Post
    I've been pressing out kief with pretty good results, hope this is alright to post here. I will begin implementing a 25 micron screen in order to catch more leafy organic matter and the trichome vessel itself. Here are some shots and close-ups.

----

Really awesome technique.. can't lie I have been doing this for the past 4 days non stop.
    Flavor is comparable to some great melty hash, without having to run the RO, drop 4oz into ice water, dry time, etc.

Here is an article that was shown to me regarding heat and THC, surely someone will enjoy!!
    CA215
    Wrap that hash in a piece of 25u pressing screen and it will catch all the contaminate when you squish!
    Buckshot thanked you for this post
    OldMedUser, JBUptown, Buckshot liked this post

Plant of the Month Winner - February 2014 CA215's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow re: How to - Rosin Tech

Quote Originally Posted by CA215 View Post
    After my post above, I kiefed some super silver haze and gathered into a ball within the old (not so clean) 25 micron pressing screen.. Gave it the 4-5 second squeeze at ~330f. I am noticing a reduction in yield but a staggering jump in clarity, real nice looking stuff. While collecting it acted like jolly rancher candy shattering and flicking everywhere, a bit harder to work with in my opinion, but that rip was worth it! Here are some shots, hope ya enjoy! CA215

Half collected on TI dabber

Real tasty stuff!

"Creation as an antidote for destruction"

"Wisdom is respected, Hatred is rejected"

- 420Magazine Links -
    - The Mission - Support the Mission - Forum Guidelines - Sponsors - Plant Abuse Chart -

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast