What to do with all this kief?

mrpot

So we have begun to tumble/filter all of our trimmings and have acquired an overflow of kief, to me this is great, however the majority of the smokers here are using wax/shatter and do not seen to be interested in kief. So my question for all my friends here is what can I do with this kief to make it more attractive to the wax/shatter users?
Any help will be HIGHly appreciated!

So we have begun to tumble/filter all of our trimmings and have acquired an overflow of kief, to me this is great, however the majority of the smokers here are using wax/shatter and do not seen to be interested in kief. So my question for all my friends here is what can I do with this kief to make it more attractive to the wax/shatter users?
Any help will be HIGHly appreciated!

I'm interested to see what you get here,, i have a good amount myself.... good luck

I normally keep a jar of kief sitting around to glaze the top of my bowls, shatter around heres too expensive :D But you can make some basic hash with your kief pretty easily. Take the kief, put in in a folded up pieces of parchment paper, then fold newspaper over it, kind of like rolling a flat blunt. Dip it in a glass of water, when I say dip, I mean dip, for .600 nano seconds, basically as quick as you can, we don't want to soak it. Then just take a regular house iron, turn it on its lowest setting, and press over it a few times, 8-15, unfold it all, and you should have a nice square of hash. As I can see, your a hookup, so your going to want to take it out, fold it in half, and repeat the process just fewer times, the thicker the better right? This methods a lot easier, less risk of blowing up your house making shatter with butane and pressure cookers, and its shearly simple. Oh oh oh, and if you don't like the hash route, find some ever-clear, you can take buds and kief, mixed with ever clear on the stove, evaporated on low for a few hours, and it turns into edible rick Johnson oil. 3-5 grams out of an ounce, or two ounces of trimming, and the customers will love it because of it being multi-functional, put it on your cigarette, in your drinks, on your food, drop a drop on your tongue etc. Only takes 3 ML. doses to get blown.

1.Kief in parchment
2.newspaper folded over it
3.Dampen
4.Press
5.Fold & Repress for thicker chunks.

Hope everything goes good, send me a gram or two(;

I normally keep a jar of kief sitting around to glaze the top of my bowls, shatter around heres too expensive :D But you can make some basic hash with your kief pretty easily. Take the kief, put in in a folded up pieces of parchment paper, then fold newspaper over it, kind of like rolling a flat blunt. Dip it in a glass of water, when I say dip, I mean dip, for .600 nano seconds, basically as quick as you can, we don't want to soak it. Then just take a regular house iron, turn it on its lowest setting, and press over it a few times, 8-15, unfold it all, and you should have a nice square of hash. As I can see, your a hookup, so your going to want to take it out, fold it in half, and repeat the process just fewer times, the thicker the better right? This methods a lot easier, less risk of blowing up your house making shatter with butane and pressure cookers, and its shearly simple. Oh oh oh, and if you don't like the hash route, find some ever-clear, you can take buds and kief, mixed with ever clear on the stove, evaporated on low for a few hours, and it turns into edible rick Johnson oil. 3-5 grams out of an ounce, or two ounces of trimming, and the customers will love it because of it being multi-functional, put it on your cigarette, in your drinks, on your food, drop a drop on your tongue etc. Only takes 3 ML. doses to get blown.

1.Kief in parchment
2.newspaper folded over it
3.Dampen
4.Press
5.Fold & Repress for thicker chunks.

Hope everything goes good, send me a gram or two(;

Wow, man, I have kief, you are the man. My wife chucked an apple at me the other day when I used her hair straighten thing to press some kief. Thanks, she's got good aim for a chick.

What's ur address, I'll send the hair straightener.... ;)

You can take kief and dissolve it in ethanol or isopropanol, then filter and evaporate it off in a glass dish. Run some extra alcohol through the filter to get the goodness out that has soaked in. I like ethanol because terpenes seem to stay a bit better in ethanol. With ethanol to help purify I "winterize" it by sitting it in a freezer overnight. I do the winterizing before the filter stage. Waxes that are not soluble in cold ethanol will precipitate out. After filtering it will take a day or two to evaporate off in the glass dish or baking pan. Keep the room ventilated because evaporating alcohol can cause a hazard. Keep the glass container covered with cheesecloth to prevent contamination with dust and hair. Then when the alcohol has evaporated off completely you can scrape off the hash with a razor. Depending on kief quality you can get very good results. Super clean kief can get you shatter.

Back
Top Bottom