How To - Full Extract Cannabis Oil - FECO - & Rick Simpson Oil - RSO

WPCollective

Hey guys,

Marvin with the Wolfpack Collective here. I'm going to share with you guys my method on how I make these two oils. Feel free to critique my tech and give me pointers.

Cheers!

Full Extract Cannabis Oil (FECO): This oil is very familiar to Rick Simpson Oil (RSO), the only difference is what I put into the jar for extraction. To make this, I take 4 pint mason jars and stuff them with ground bud, water leaves, sugar leaves, stems, and roots. I call it FECO because it's the full extract of every part of the plant rather than just the bud and trim.

Rick Simpson Oil (RSO): This oil was made famous by a guy in Novia Scotia called Rick Simpson. He uses Naptha to break down bud and trim to make hash oil. He gets the oil after evaporating the Naptha from the oil. I modify the recipe a bit but using 99% Isopropyl alcohol.

Process:
FECO; You need every part of the plant to make FECO. That include the root ball which is the most difficult to get in a clean piece. You just need a pressure washer with a 15 degree nozzle or a power shot from any hardware store. The power shot will turn your garden hose into a mini pressure washer (this is what I use).

You get the dirt ball out to your driveway, if it's outdoor just dig around the tree 1-2ft out. Hook up the pressure washer and hose out 99% of the water then take the root ball into the kitchen sink. There you're going to finish washing with water to clean them then lay them out on cardboard or some kind of desiccant to dry them out. I put them in my netting that I hang my bud in to dry. Once the roots are nice and dry, you can stuff them into the mason jar as is or you can grind them up with a coffee grinder and put the powder in. The coffee grinder is nice if you ever want to dry cannabis root tea.

Once you have your roots in the jar, put in your stems - I cut mine up to 1-2in pieces, then put in your ground up bud or trim. Stuff it tight. Use a big wooden dowel rod to push the material down. Once you have the jar stuffed, you're going to pour in the alcohol.

I personally use Swan 99% isopropyl alcohol. However you can use food gran alcohol like 190 proof Everclear. It should take 2 1/2-3 bottles depending on how well you stuffed the jar. Give it time for the alcohol to drain all the way to the bottom. If you can put way more than 3 bottles, you don't have enough plant matter in there and you'll end up with a weak concentrate.

Next, seal it and label it. I put mine in the bottom of my closet for 3-4 weeks. Pictures below are a batch I made today.

Rick Simpson Oil (RSO):
For my Rick Simpson Oil I just use the bud, water leaf, sugar leaf, and some smaller stems. Take a 4 pint mason jar and put in your stems - I cut mine up to 1-2in pieces, then put in your ground up bud or trim. Stuff it tight. Use a big wooden dowel rod to push the material down. Once you have the jar stuffed, you're going to pour in the alcohol.

I personally use Swan 99% isopropyl alcohol. However you can use food gran alcohol like 190 proof Everclear. It should take 2 1/2-3 bottles depending on how well you stuffed the jar. Give it time for the alcohol to drain all the way to the bottom. If you can put way more than 3 bottles, you don't have enough plant matter in there and you'll end up with a weak concentrate.

Next, seal it and label it. I put mine in the bottom of my closet for 3-4 weeks. Pictures below are a batch I made today.

Stay Tuned! I'll update again in 3-4 weeks on how I process it to get the beautiful green thick oil!

re: How To - Full Extract Cannabis Oil (FECO) & Rick Simpson Oil (RSO)

015344d73e90487619cf050d43d16547e44a96b6fa.jpg
0127c6349815941e9ad389e98ccc71621c8ddfb9d1.jpg
0116ce32d000449371f66bdda14a7d572455dd5a87.jpg

re: How To - Full Extract Cannabis Oil - FECO - & Rick Simpson Oil - RSO

Looking forward to your extraction process, there is always a better way than what I do!

re: How To - Full Extract Cannabis Oil - FECO - & Rick Simpson Oil - RSO

Is it not correct that the roots of Cannabis can be used topically, but not for ingestion? I personally would not ingest any part of the roots. I have made a topical salve for pain and inflammation.

Hey guys,

Marvin with the Wolfpack Collective here. I'm going to share with you guys my method on how I make these two oils. Feel free to critique my tech and give me pointers.

Cheers!

Full Extract Cannabis Oil (FECO): This oil is very familiar to Rick Simpson Oil (RSO), the only difference is what I put into the jar for extraction. To make this, I take 4 pint mason jars and stuff them with ground bud, water leaves, sugar leaves, stems, and roots. I call it FECO because it's the full extract of every part of the plant rather than just the bud and trim.

Rick Simpson Oil (RSO): This oil was made famous by a guy in Novia Scotia called Rick Simpson. He uses Naptha to break down bud and trim to make hash oil. He gets the oil after evaporating the Naptha from the oil. I modify the recipe a bit but using 99% Isopropyl alcohol.

Process:
FECO; You need every part of the plant to make FECO. That include the root ball which is the most difficult to get in a clean piece. You just need a pressure washer with a 15 degree nozzle or a power shot from any hardware store. The power shot will turn your garden hose into a mini pressure washer (this is what I use).

You get the dirt ball out to your driveway, if it's outdoor just dig around the tree 1-2ft out. Hook up the pressure washer and hose out 99% of the water then take the root ball into the kitchen sink. There you're going to finish washing with water to clean them then lay them out on cardboard or some kind of desiccant to dry them out. I put them in my netting that I hang my bud in to dry. Once the roots are nice and dry, you can stuff them into the mason jar as is or you can grind them up with a coffee grinder and put the powder in. The coffee grinder is nice if you ever want to dry cannabis root tea.

Once you have your roots in the jar, put in your stems - I cut mine up to 1-2in pieces, then put in your ground up bud or trim. Stuff it tight. Use a big wooden dowel rod to push the material down. Once you have the jar stuffed, you're going to pour in the alcohol.

Rick Simpson Oil (RSO):
For my Rick Simpson Oil I just use the bud, water leaf, sugar leaf, and some smaller stems. Take a 4 pint mason jar and put in your stems - I cut mine up to 1-2in pieces, then put in your ground up bud or trim. Stuff it tight. Use a big wooden dowel rod to push the material down. Once you have the jar stuffed, you're going to pour in the alcohol.

Stay Tuned! I'll update again in 3-4 weeks on how I process it to get the beautiful green thick oil!

Hey, I would love to know what happens next!

How To - Full Extract Cannabis Oil - FECO - & Rick Simpson Oil - RSO

May I take a seat mate? Keen to see this, been reading a lot about concentrate and how to make them :)

This dude must have either blown himself up or got busted

Humor must always win the day!! :laughtwo:

It looks like WPCollective visited these forums for about 5 days back in 2015, so he is unlikely to now post any follow-up to his FECO preparation. Sorry folks, move along. Nothing to see here. :blushsmile:

A guy near me extracts his CCO using isopropol alcohol, then into the rice cooker...all standard procedure. He does it in large batches, as he needs it for his wife's treatment for multiple cancers.

Was telling me that it was all going well last night, outdoors on his deck, until someone flicked on the outside light switch. ⚡

Seems that there was enough vapor around the switch that the spark set the lot off, and he lost close to $3000 of material in the blast!
I guess there must be a moral to this story, no? .... :blunt:

Evidently none of the neighbors phoned emergency services, anyway, so he was relieved about that! :blushsmile: :blushsmile:

And the guy who flicked on the light switch? :sorry: He didn't say how far away he landed! :yikes:

Humor must always win the day!! :laughtwo:

It looks like WPCollective visited these forums for about 5 days back in 2015, so he is unlikely to now post any follow-up to his FECO preparation. Sorry folks, move along. Nothing to see here. :blushsmile:

A guy near me extracts his CCO using isopropol alcohol, then into the rice cooker...all standard procedure. He does it in large batches, as he needs it for his wife's treatment for multiple cancers.

Was telling me that it was all going well last night, outdoors on his deck, until someone flicked on the outside light switch. ⚡

Seems that there was enough vapor around the switch that the spark set the lot off, and he lost close to $3000 of material in the blast!
I guess there must be a moral to this story, no? .... :blunt:

Evidently none of the neighbors phoned emergency services, anyway, so he was relieved about that! :blushsmile: :blushsmile:

And the guy who flicked on the light switch? :sorry: He didn't say how far away he landed! :yikes:
by shitballs

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hello! I am posting this in a couple threads, I am desperate to find an answer quickly and haven't been able to do so. I just made the RSO and rushing it to my father in TN. When I made the oil I added the 10 drops of water and swirled for a bit once it got down to about 2 inches. My rice cooker only switched to warm after I set the pot back in the cooker bc there wasn't much weight anymore. It was still bubbling (like champagne bubbles and I could still smell some alcohol in it So I put in steel cup on a candle warmer for an hour. The temp on the warmer never got above 175ish and was still bubbling so I Put in the oven for 250 degrees for another hour or so and checked it a couple times by pulling it out but it was still bubbling some. So after the rice cooker I had it in the oven/candle warmer for about 2 1/2 hours. I didn't smell the alcohol anymore but still little champagne bubbles. With everything I read about making the oil using the RSO menthod I was going by, I'm told there shouldn't be any bubbles at all, but that if I had it at that temp for that long it should be fine? I am frantically trying to figure it if it's okay or if it still contains the alcohol bc I am taking it to my father in TN and he needs to take it as soon as I arrive bc he is becoming increasingly worse by the minute. I made it using a LB of flower, did 2 washes and got 5 1/2 syringes ( I spilled a tiny bit when doing the last one. I am so sorry if I have repeated myself or if anyone is seeing this for the second time. If anyone could help or point me in the direction of someone who would know how I can for sure make sure the alcohol is gone even though I already have them in syringes. On the other hand, if there is a small amount, can this harm my dad or would the oil itself neutralize it ? I am rushing to my dad now. He's in the hospital and I am going to give him his first dose there. I am so worried the oil isn't going to be okay but I did everything with the RSO instructions and was very careful. Please and thank you for any help!!!

Back
Top Bottom