The Hash Club

PurpleGunRack

Hi fellow 420'ers:welcome:

I thought I'd devote a thread to discussing and reviewing hash.
Feel free to contribute with a review of your own homemade hash or your import hash

A little background story

I love ganja, but I really really love hash and it was the first type of cannabis I tried and the type I have smoked the most. First the local way where it's mixed with tobacco that has been toasted to heat out some nicotine tar and additives which makes it a lot less harsh and the hash taste really stands out. I think this practice is unique to Denmark and maybe some of the other scandinavian countries have adopted the technique.

I stopped smoking tobacco years ago, so I needed something new to mix the hash with so it would burn and weed was the obvious choice, so now I have a dedicated room with 2 tents running:)
So I hopefully won't have to buy commercial weed and I'll know it's organic, washed and smooth to smoke;)

I know many of you guys from the new world haven't seen much import hash, but around these parts it's the most popular and available form of cannabis and nothing special, weed is usually more expensive.
You sure make up for the lack of import hash with some killer concentrates and homemade hash:thumb:

Sadly the authorities have been increasing their effort against cannabis and a lot of the very nice stuff is no longer available.
Maroccan hash is usually the only available, I think the link to the east(India, Nepal, Pakistan, Nepal) has been busted.

I'm going to rate the hash on a 1-10 scale, evaluating; smell, taste, effect and how easy it is to pick apart.
On the first 3 I don't think anything will be rated above 8, 9 and 10 is reserved for true Kashmir, Creme, Temple Ball etc. which I probably won't find anyway...

--------------

First review:

I recently bought 50g of a blonde Maroccan hash for ~ 6,5 USD / 5,9 Euro per gram.

Smell: Sour, earthy, not so hashy 4/10
Taste: Decent classic Maroc taste 7/10
Effect: Decent relaxing high, no raised heart beat 7/10
Handling: Slightly crumbly and very easy to pick apart 8/10

Overall: Decent smoke but nothing special, reasonably priced 6/10

WP_20160627_03_12_29_Pro.jpg
WP_20160627_03_12_57_Pro.jpg
WP_20160627_03_13_27_Pro.jpg

:Namaste:

Another little review ;)

I came across some hash that is supposed to be Caramello, not sure about that but it is pretty decent.
When I bought it I also picked up some samples of what was supposed to be a Manali charas and a Nepal black hash, niether was the real deal and not worth the high price.
I went with 50g of the Caramello and paid ~7,4 USD / 6,7 Euro per gram.

Smell: Hashy and sandy, slightly floral 8/10
Taste: Floral and hashy, slightly tangy 8/10
Effect: Solid Indica effect, both body and head stone - good for relaxing 8/10
Handling: Flaky, gritty and very sticky/creamy, if you don't put a little lotion or oil on your fingers before handling it, most of it sticks to your fingers. Not a good thing when on the go, but not a problem at home 4/10

Overall: Solid smoke worth the handling hassle, reasonably priced 8/10

WP_20160710_00_49_49_Pro.jpg
WP_20160710_00_51_03_Pro.jpg
WP_20160710_00_54_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20160710_01_11_22_Pro.jpg

Just been out getting some more hash, I was looking for something blonde and went with 25g of 2 different types.
It was quite cheap at 6 USD / 5,4 EUR per gram, it looks and smells decent.
I just fired up a spliff of the blondest one mixed with some of my home grown Night Queen.
So far it has quite a sative opening though it was labeled as an Indica, but lets see in an hour.

Since I just bought it the review is gonna be done when I've sampled both a few times with different types of ganja.

WP_20160731_23_28_43_Pro.jpg
WP_20160731_23_29_52_Pro.jpg
WP_20160731_23_34_28_Pro.jpg
WP_20160731_23_36_16_Pro.jpg

:lot-o-toke:

A little review of the blondest hash from last run

It's really nice smoke and I think I'm gonna go buy 50g of it next run if they have more. I'm gonna add another review parameter: Value for money;)

Smell: Classic maroc smell 7/10

Taste: Classic maroc taste 7/10

Effect: Starts headstrong, with a good body effect - good for sleep and relaxing 8/10

Handling: Light and fluffy but can easily be massaged into a darker and harder substance. giving the smoke a more full body 8/10

Overall: Very nice smoke 8/10

Value for money: It's really close to being a 10/10, a little bit better or little bit cheaper would have done it 9/10

Here's a side by side comparison of the hash after some massage and before:smokin:

WP_20160805_23_42_51_Pro.jpg

A review on the second hash type from last run.

Smell: Faint hash smell 6/10

Taste: Decent hashy, earthy taste 6/10

Effect: Nice body effect 7/10

Handling: Easy 8/10

Overall: Decent, but nothing special 6/10

Value for money: I guess a score of 5 in this category would mean the price is right, so 6/10

WP_20160805_23_44_50_Pro.jpg

Hi fellow 420'ers:welcome:

I thought I'd devote a thread to discussing and reviewing hash.
Feel free to contribute with a review of your own homemade hash or your import hash

A little background story

I love ganja, but I really really love hash and it was the first type of cannabis I tried and the type I have smoked the most. First the local way where it's mixed with tobacco that has been toasted to heat out some nicotine tar and additives which makes it a lot less harsh and the hash taste really stands out. I think this practice is unique to Denmark and maybe some of the other scandinavian countries have adopted the technique.

I stopped smoking tobacco years ago, so I needed something new to mix the hash with so it would burn and weed was the obvious choice, so now I have a dedicated room with 2 tents running:)
So I hopefully won't have to buy commercial weed and I'll know it's organic, washed and smooth to smoke;)

I know many of you guys from the new world haven't seen much import hash, but around these parts it's the most popular and available form of cannabis and nothing special, weed is usually more expensive.
You sure make up for the lack of import hash with some killer concentrates and homemade hash:thumb:

Sadly the authorities have been increasing their effort against cannabis and a lot of the very nice stuff is no longer available.
Maroccan hash is usually the only available, I think the link to the east(India, Nepal, Pakistan, Nepal) has been busted.

I'm going to rate the hash on a 1-10 scale, evaluating; smell, taste, effect and how easy it is to pick apart.
On the first 3 I don't think anything will be rated above 8, 9 and 10 is reserved for true Kashmir, Creme, Temple Ball etc. which I probably won't find anyway...

--------------

First review:

I recently bought 50g of a blonde Maroccan hash for ~ 6,5 USD / 5,9 Euro per gram.

Smell: Sour, earthy, not so hashy 4/10
Taste: Decent classic Maroc taste 7/10
Effect: Decent relaxing high, no raised heart beat 7/10
Handling: Slightly crumbly and very easy to pick apart 8/10

Overall: Decent smoke but nothing special, reasonably priced 6/10

WP_20160627_03_12_29_Pro.jpg
WP_20160627_03_12_57_Pro.jpg
WP_20160627_03_13_27_Pro.jpg

Nice mate haven't had hash since I left Europe brings back memories .

Do you think bubble hash or hash made with dry ice is best ? New to it all - thinking about 4 bag set ? maybe screens for keif (120 mir,ect) ? have a copy of "Hash" by Clark interesting. Have use a product called "Terpinator" for essential oil and trichome development
- stuff works (unreal) thoughts ? Pointer's? Moving to next level

Do you think bubble hash or hash made with dry ice is best ? New to it all - thinking about 4 bag set ? maybe screens for keif (120 mir,ect) ? have a copy of "Hash" by Clark interesting. Have use a product called "Terpinator" for essential oil and trichome development
- stuff works (unreal) thoughts ? Pointer's? Moving to next level

I wouldn't know, all this is import hash mainly from Marocco.

I've only made dry sift hash myself, but I want to try to make some bubble hash and solventless concentrates at some point ;)

Thanks !!! Just seems like there is NO hash anymore; very sad ! believe going to give "dry sift" a try; any thing I need to know (pointers) screen size ? Thanks

Put the dry buds/trim in the freezer for half an hour, shake, cure and press. The leftover weed still have some trichomes and can be used for oil or edibles.
Try some different screen sizes and see which you like best :)

Finally I got my hands on some hash worth reviewing;)

This is the second time I buy this(didn't know it was the same until I opened the bag and immediately recognised the smell)
It wasn't labeled the first time I got it, second time it was labelled as Caramello but I don't trust any of their labels :laugh:

It was ~ 5,30 Euro / 5,90 USD per gram, which is pretty much the usual price when buying 50g.
The stuff that's 50% more expensive isn't worth the price jump - sometimes it's of worse quality, sadly it's been like this for at least 5 years.

Smell: Raisins or sultanas, very nice dried fruit smell 8/10

Taste: Raisins/sultanas, earthy, spicy 8/10

Effect: Good all-round buzz 7/10

Handling: Dense and sticky 5/10

Overall: Solid smoke 8/10

Value for money: I guess a score of 5 in this category would mean the price is right, so 7/10

DSC0115210.JPG
DSC011556.JPG
DSC0116013.JPG

:passitleft:

Yeah I used to smoke a lot of hash, mostly Moroccan (blonde or chocolate) or Afghan (black), but these days quality is shit if you don't have someone who actually smuggles it himself. In Spain it's much better, cause they're drowning in it, so you'll also be able to score a very good quality culero, but in Italy it's mostly low to mid-grade brick at best, that's available commercially.

Yeah but that's only Maroccan hash too in Spain, in The Netherlands you can get stuff like true kashmir, creme and temple balls ;) I'm all about the asian hash:) though there are some nice ones from Marocco aswell.
Lebanese was really nice back in the days, never see that anymore...

Actually the quality of hash in France, Italy, UK, and Germany is quite low compared to scandinavia and the ''standard'' and ''semi'' types haven't been available here in 10 years because people only want the best here :) So though I'm not satisfied, the quality is still rather high, just nothing like it was 5 years ago and rarely any asian hash, only in NL now...

I don't have any reasons to doubt what you said about the situation is in Scandinavisn countries. They're very rich countries so they can spend more on better product. I smoked Blonde Leb once in the 90s, it was like a beach sand and had strong peppery taste, probably the best hash of the day. Now I'm growing Lebs myself to find a good hash pheno :blunt:

Not at all scientific, just the generel thing I hear when smoking with foreigners in Christiania, though the many stalls with lots of hash and weed can make the experience overwhelming if you're used to small clubs and street dealers.
I usually bring my own when travelling in europe, but I did buy some decent hash in France once;)

As soon as you go to Sweden and Norway the price jumps a great deal and so does the penalty if caught with weed.
In Greenland it's 80-100 USD for a gram of hash!

Really it's only Norway where normal people are noticably richer than the rest of western europe, I would certainly like to not pay any income tax in June and December ;)
But then again the prices up there are crazy, and a lot of Norwegians travel on special tax free ferries to Denmark to buy meat and cheese :)

It's quite uncommon for danish people to go for quality, we usually prefer cheap shit in bulk, and it's best if some animals can treated badly or some chemicals can be poured into a creek in the process :)
Sucks for me because I prefer quality, and always go the best product like Parma ham rather than a kilo of tortured pork injected with water and nitrate...

I think your lebs will do well where you are, is it the one from The Real Seed Company?

mazar36.jpg

Reputed to be Mazar-i-Sharif Afghani hash. Very oily/sticky. Great smell & taste. Bought at a premium price of $17 CAN per gram. But it is worth it. :volcano-smiley: The shop raised it to $25 just after I bought . . .

mazar36.jpg

Reputed to be Mazar-i-Sharif Afghani hash. Very oily/sticky. Great smell & taste. Bought at a premium price of $17 CAN per gram. But it is worth it. :volcano-smiley: The shop raised it to $25 just after I bought . . .

Looks nicely dark and creamy, but that price wow ;) Of course it's expensive to get Afghani hash to Canada though 17 is decent price and usually top shelf hash tops around that price in Dutch coffee shops, but 25 is a bit of a rip off.

When it's legalised in Denmark we can meet on Hans Island and smoke a earth/ice pipe :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom