First decent squish with pneumatic rosin press: Could use some advice on improving

JordanBRK8

420 Member
Hey Everyone,

My 1st post! Finally getting super involved and making my own medicine on the level I need. Just wanted to share the results of my first decent squish with a pneumatic rosin press. I would greatly appreciate any tips from others who have squished with a similar machine. My press is from best value vacs and has a maximum pressure of 2700psi with 4 X 8 plates.

I've only had it set up for about a week now. I'll admit I've wasted a bit of bud, at first getting around 7-12% with the first couple tea bags I've tried.
Yesterday I finally achieved a 22.3% yield with more than a gram. 3 grams of Blue Sky bud turned into .67 grams of rosin in 1 press. My press was set to 224 F and it was a 30 second pressure, with pressure starting about half way and being gradually increased to max for the last 7-9 seconds.

Now it is pretty good, the color on a dabber is good, and it is certainly potent and smooth as good rosin should be. However, I clearly have cooked a lot of the original buds terps off. This blue sky I had was a very tasty flower, the taste is lacking a bit. Any advice on how to improve without severly affecting yield?

Also, my climate is humid right now and my flower is in around 60-64% humidity. I assume this is why my rosin is buddering. Would removing moisture from the flower first with a food dehydrator be a good way to get it to shatter?

Thanks in advance
-Jordan
IMG_097641.jpg
IMG_097541.jpg

You want some moisture in the buds when you press them. Idealy around 60% because if the material is too dry it seems to absorb some of the oil when pressing.

Back
Top Bottom