First oil attempt

tankat1010

I made this with nothing but boiling water and frozen wet trim smells and tastes like hash and blows your mind lol
Capture468.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using 420

I used about 14 grams of frozen wet trim and wrapped it in cheese cloth. I then just added boiling water in a bowl and let the trim soak in it for about ten minutes and squeezed it all out. I then filled a pan big enough to hold the bowl with water and brought to boil and simmered with the bowl in till had reduced just about all the water. The oil was then left on a radiator to remove the remaining water and thicken the oil up. Would be careful how much you take tho as quite potent.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Nice I'm glad you didn't use alcohol or co2/ butane I'll try this next time I have trim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

For good extraction you need to separate the trichs and medicinal goodness from the flower. Just water cannot do this efficiently or with any real potency. Alcohol is only method I personally use. I avoid anything that's not organic so I don't use iso or bho or anything potentially explosive lol. Everclear (95%) is what I use.. food grade.. the best way, imo, is freeze everything! Decarb bud in your oven, freeze, once everything is as cold as it can be, then start extraction.. cover all buds (ground up/broken up) with the everclear and swirl it/GENTLY shake for 10 sec then put back in freezer for a total of 4-8 min.. every 90 seconds, agitate again.. repeat until finished. The key to good extractions for whole process is your temperature! Keep everything cold as possible. I'd even suggest getting a block of dry ice and working out of an ice chest.. what you are doing is extracting more purely.. leaving chlorophyll and fats/lipids behind.. then you have filtering, evaporating, finishing.

This is a very good method since the bud is frozen wet when the boiling water hits it it melts the goodness off. I've found the best way is to just let the mix evaporate over 3 to 4 weeks as think when boil it lose some end product.

Back
Top Bottom