Water hash how to?

Jackalope

I'm sure it is in here somewhere but don't have time to search for it.
Any tips would be great. I know the basic method of it but have never tried it before. I'm using a 5 bag set for 5 gallon bucket. I'm using mostly good frosty trim. Plus 1 jar of Crimea Blue that I wasn't a big fan of. I plan to break up the buds from the Crimea and use the trim as is. I'm going to freeze everything before starting. My big question is water to ice percentages.
There are 9 strains in the trim. Resin glands are so different it is going to be a toss up of which bag the full melt will be. There is a chance I won't get full melt because of all the different strains. Who cares it's all going to be good.
Thanks for any help I can get.

Okay.
You need the 220,73, & 25 micron bags, only.

1) Put the 25 bag in, pull over lip of bucket 2".
2) Repeat with 73, lastly 220u.
3) Fill 5 gal bucket 1.5 gallons full of water, then add 1.5 gallons in bagged ice by volume.
4) Add trim until bucket is 4/5 full
5) Stir for a minute to initially soak trim
6) Let stand for 30 minutes.

7) Gently stir for 20 minutes. Be gentle.
8) Let sit 30 minutes so glands will settle.

9) Pull 220 bag. Squeeze out excess water into the 73 bag still in the bucket. Place in tub.

10) Pull 73 bag. Let drain. Rinse through into 25u using 1gallon fresh water.
11) Scrape hash off bottom of screen. You can do this easier by using a credit card.
10) Pull 25 bag. Let drain. Rinse through into 25u using 1gallon fresh water.
11) Scrape hash off bottom of screen. You can do this easier by using a credit card.

13) Now, put the 25u bag back in the bucket, then the 73, then carefully, the 220u.
14) Add more ice.
15) Let sit 10 minutes
16) REPEAT steps 1-11

17) Wrap hash in included pressing screen.
18) Place a thick stack of paper towels under pressing screen to remove excess water.
18) With a rolling pin, roll hash to .2" thick

19) Store away from light & heat, but NOT in airtight bags or it WILL go rank.
20)After 24 hours, repeat 17 & 18.
21)Allow open air curing for 5 days.

Any questions, I'm happy to walk you through it .

Bubblehash 101 Addendum:

I recommend 20 gallon bags, which go into a 32 gallon garbage can. (Bring the 220 bag with you to buy the garbage can, to make sure it fits around the lip properly!) Even if you're only processing a marginal amount of trim it's nice to have the volume & extra space to work with, and it tends to make for a better finished product. Bubblebag. brand bubble bags, at $100/bag ordered separately (220/73/25) are by far the best on the market, followed by Bubble Magic. brand bags. (The 20gal, 4 bag (220/160/73/25u) set is $120) The $35/set Chinese bags from eBay/Amazon use cheap nylon mesh & the mesh sizing, which is VERY important, isn't always correct, which frequently leads to processing problems & lower quality final results.

Think "kinder, gentler" lol .
The washing machine units agitate the triangle bag really quite gently. There's no "final spin cycle/vortex" mode haha . And yeah, I have one of those machines but it's rare I use it as I prefer the beeg bags method . .
Seriously though- Your results will improve by a factor of 10 if you agitate ze' goop very gently by hand vs. using a motor, and using a motor won't increase yield, I promise. Violent agitation breaks up leaves & chlorophyll gets in the bubble. And it's a mofo to try & rinse out. There's no "nasty smell" making it as I've described. When bubble is made correctly it smells like terps even the day it's made, after rolling it out to 1/16" a couple of times in the pressing screen you can hit a corner w/a lighter & if it's made right it bubbles right up & smells fantastic! It's like play-doh at first glance, no crumbling, just a slightly tacky fun log!
420-magazine-mobile1243429298.jpg

I'm sure it is in here somewhere but don't have time to search for it.
Any tips would be great. I know the basic method of it but have never tried it before. I'm using a 5 bag set for 5 gallon bucket. I'm using mostly good frosty trim. Plus 1 jar of Crimea Blue that I wasn't a big fan of. I plan to break up the buds from the Crimea and use the trim as is. I'm going to freeze everything before starting.

1) My big question is water to ice percentages.

2) There are 9 strains in the trim. Resin glands are so different it is going to be a toss up of which bag the full melt will be. There is a chance I won't get full melt because of all the different strains. Who cares it's all going to be good.
Thanks for any help I can get.

1) 50/50ish water to ice ratio.
2) Your full melt bags will be 73 & 25. The others are junk.

Don't forget to RINSE as stated in the steps, & run the bags 2x.

Any Q's holler!! .

COOL ! Thanks for all the help. I like all your suggestions. Like I said I have read about it for years. Both the suggestions extra rinse and the second run right away are just the little tips I was hoping for.
I have some 7 gallon buckets that I'm going use with the 5 gallon bags so I will have plenty room for rinses. I will let you know how it turns out. Its going to be a few days before I can get to it. looking forward to it.

Tried my first batch of water hash. Things went well. Thank god I read about how to shake the water out. Everything is curing now, the waiting begins. I kept the first run of 25 and 75 bags separate. Second run has more of a green color so I will keep it separate. I will post reviews after curing.

I don't usually bother with the 25 micron bag anymore. Sometimes I run it last after doing two or three runs with the 75 and 45 bags. I find the hash from the 25 bag isn't very good, there isn't very much of it, and it's a real pain to strain through. Though of course if you skipped the 45 bag you'll get it in the 25- it's just more work.
In the first page or two of my second journal I posted how to make it without the bags- the way I used to do it in the old days. Basically just the same process but skip the bags and let it settle for three hours or so. Slightly more crud in the end result but not much.

Back
Top Bottom