How to make hash darker adding a extract - Dried dates or food coloring etc etc

zx7thrills

I'm making some small batches of pressed hash and it has lots of green in it. I use kief than mix with oil than press it but when I mix it before I press I'm wondering if anything I can add in the mix to get it darker at all.

Thanks

Yeah , the green tint:
I use the same black 120 bag for shake and bubble: The shake 99% of the time has a green tint to it ...GREAT SMELL....soft, sticky and strong but green tint.The bubble I do is never green and always a dark blonde,which I love but would really like to get a Red Leb color BUT there is NO SMELL..........
The secret might be 'beating' the herb rather than using an electric mixer. I have watched a few videos of hash making in Morocco and they lay the herbs over a screen , cover with plastic and then beat it with a stick. Perhaps this is less damaging to the leaf material not breaking it up too much which would keep it out of the collected trichomes ? Any other ideas out there?

This is a first! Why does it need to be 'darker'? I'm going to suggest you don't add anything but perhaps heat. Do you really want to consume hash with dates or food coloring in it? Puff puff, and don't pass to me. :)

I'm with you! If it's good hash why worry about color & who wants adulterating color agents in their hash? Not me.

And if it's crap hash, darkening won't improve anything.

First of, don't add anything too hash that's the worng direction, if anything you want to take stuff out :)

Getting brown hash is about using the right size micron sift, use leaf material that has not been cut to finely, and use matured weed with plenty amber trichs.
Furthermore a +3 month cure of the flowers before shaking(much less chlorofyl), and a +3 month cure of the kief before pressing(you will see a colour change here) will result in a very nice product.

Depending on method traditional hash ranges from almost white to completely black.

Green kief means too much plant material in the product and you need to refine it further, I get green-ish shake hash when I get greedy and shake for too long ;)
If someone tried to sell my green hash I'd laugh my ass off, but if someone tried to sell me hash with colouring agents I'd get proper pissed :)

Maroccan import hash

DSC0210311.jpg

Try curing flowers and/or kief next time. Or just wait with harvest until you see +25% amber trichs ;)

Heat pressing will make it darker, but that's just looks...

Same plants , Dark is Bubble Green is Shake .....both made with the same 120 bag

IMG_174527.jpg

That green hash looks yummy to me!

The thing that turns hash dark is oxidization of broken trichs. Black hash is often made by hand rubbing fresh buds and breaking the trichs in the process. Why the(my) bubble process breaks the trichs I don't know. the shake process does not break them.

Most trichs are transparent so they convey they the other colours present in the material.
Around here it's popular to make jelly hash (kief mixed with hash oil) because when you shake there's always a lot of trichs left on the buds and oil can be made from the remains ;)

From green to blond:
I know the bubble process produces cleaner hash but it does not explain why it turns brown: I thought it might have something to do with the H2O, so I dampened the green shake piece in the earlier photo and with in an hour it started to change color : Green to blond
IMG_175126.JPG

Back
Top Bottom