Concentrate Corner: Concentrating cannabis for combustion

HELLO 420 FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Welcome to my.... excuse me OUR concentrate community! Where every day is shatterday and everything from bubble hash to solventless oil is up for discussion.
...Sorry if there was a better a to z reference to add there....

Please excuse me if a similar thread already exists. In which case, this one will remain because, well why not?

My goal here is to provide 420 growers and members with safe quality information on the be a and most effective ways to concentrate their product. Whether it is trim, popcorn nuggies, or choice colas you working with its important to have quality information and resources at your disposal.

Here is some of my past "work

420-magazine-mobile107498109.jpg

420-magazine-mobile852778955.jpg

420-magazine-mobile53462151.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1610969897.jpg

Half the reason I was so inclined grow again was to have the opportunity to make some more quality concentrates. BUT more importantly to truly know what is put into it from seed through to the last second that golden booger hits the nail :slide:

I have a run set for the very near future. I document the process to share with you all and hope any of you other hash hooligans can hop by to help out with your methods, techniques and procedures.

Dabber

I would encourage members to share their non-BHO other extraction methods!

I know Arctic bowl has a great CCO method I plan on sharing and if you can get Dabby here I would love to hear about his solventless Rosin.

Subbed! I would love to know more about making concentrates SAFELY!! This would be a great place to share information and tips to be safe and effective.
There are multiple great ways. Once a few of us get through harvest we will do some in depth prceedures and discussions. Obviously not BHO. But as they say there is more than one way to skin a cat.... or extract some cannabinoids lol.

Hey thanks maddabber! Seem to b top knotch glad u respect the community.
Yep. I value this resource too much to disrespect their wishes. That's why I wanted to talk to teddy first....

Anyways, there are plenty of other ways to produce great concentrates safely and effectively. And when harvest time comes this will act as a wonderful place to discuss those techniques.

Thank you all for understanding and respecting the rules of this amazing place!

Hey guys and gals I just did my inaugural run of hash. My first time and so much easier than I thought it would be. Instead of typing everything out again I'm just posting a quote of my FIRST TIME process and then a copy of my findings as well. Let me know if you have any questions.

I did my first official hash run today, although the stuff I pulled from the redneck run is pretty stoney. I'll just mash in the rest of what I got with the 160 batch.

I got more than I thought I would considering I harvested an ounce plus a bit top shelf trim. I used all 5 bags that came with the set.

220, 160, 120, 73, 25. I got a lot of stuff in the 160 run, a couple very small pieces of 120 (I pitched it in with the 160), the 73 was a beautiful yield, and so was the 25. I did some reading after I did my collecting and many frown on the 25 collection saying that it's mostly rubbish considering that the trich heads are likely larger than that and caught by the 73 and up micron bags. I'll let you know what my opinion of the 25 is cause there's no way that much golden residue is going in the dump bucket!!!!

Here's the pics to prove it.

bubble_bags.jpeg

VE8B01421.jpg

First Run

VE8B01431.jpg

Second Run

VE8B01451.jpg

Dump Bucket

VE8B01441.jpg

Oh and a better pic of that one main cola from the 818. Hey Joe!! This Buds For You!!!!!

VE8B01301.jpg

I waited 24 hours and then went to Daves so we could try it out.

Ok, the results!

Rolled up to Daves and gifted him a care package, he helped me out with some excel stuff at work. I gave him the rest of my paper towel/ hash. 3 nice nugs from a harvest that's been curing for close to 2 months, sticky and frosty and a 40 mg brownie. I loaded up the bowl and put a nice piece of 25 micron hash on top. We both had a bowl and a few minutes later HELLO!!! We set up the Ping Pong Table and put some tunes on.

30 minutes later it was time to smoke again, I loaded up another small bowl and put a small little ball of hash (160) on top, again we each smoked a bowl. I found the 160 to not be as good as the the 25, didn't seem to get me much higher.

Again we waited a while and then smoked the 73. Dave couldn't even finish the bowl, first time he's ever handed me a partially ripped bowl, that says something cause Dave has amazing tolerance, at least in my opinion he does, makes me look like a rookie. Anyway, I finished off the bowl but I think he smoked most of the hash. I did get some decent hits though.

From what I'd read the 25 micron should have been shit but it was The Shit! Stoney from the word go, a bit of a delay which is what this strain has been since day 1 of my first smoke, back in June when I first sampled it. The 160 is supposedly second best compared to the 73 that was not my experience and Dave agreed. The 73 though, it smacked Dave after one hit which is enough for me to say it's good stuff.

The reason for the assessments of the grades is the size of the resin glands. 73 is the optimal size for gathering the majority of what falls of the plant material during the stirring / mutilating process. The 160 is only catching the larger glands and any other material caught by the 220 work bag.

The 25 is the flip side of the 160 it's catching the smaller bits that fall through the 73 micron screen. I found it to be pretty stoney.

I know that my verification method of these grades is rudimentary so I'm going to have to smoke more.

The next time I smoke though I'll be vaping it. I will do my best to try equal samples of each and then just rank the grades on a scale of 1-10 based on how baked it makes me feel. I think the bottom line is that it is all good, and it just depends on how much you'll need to smoke.

Next time I make some I'll do a photo follow along for you guys. One thing I definitely learned is that you always do a second run. It felt like the second run yielded another 30% on top of the initial cycle.

You know it's funny, as I was making the hash I was thinking to myself, "I just dumped an ounce of top grade home grown into a bucket of ice and mashed it into chunks of wet green lumps! What the fuck were you thinking?" Of course shortly after my thoughts were, "I just harvested close to 3 ounces of the same top quality home grown and it's likely better than what I just mashed up..."

I hit the vape and kept on going...

Go make some hash!!!!!!

HELLO 420 FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Welcome to my.... excuse me OUR concentrate community! Where every day is shatterday and everything from bubble hash to solventless oil is up for discussion.
...Sorry if there was a better a to z reference to add there....

Please excuse me if a similar thread already exists. In which case, this one will remain because, well why not?

My goal here is to provide 420 growers and members with safe quality information on the be a and most effective ways to concentrate their product. Whether it is trim, popcorn nuggies, or choice colas you working with its important to have quality information and resources at your disposal.

Here is some of my past "work

420-magazine-mobile107498109.jpg

420-magazine-mobile852778955.jpg

420-magazine-mobile53462151.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1610969897.jpg

Half the reason I was so inclined grow again was to have the opportunity to make some more quality concentrates. BUT more importantly to truly know what is put into it from seed through to the last second that golden booger hits the nail :slide:

I have a run set for the very near future. I document the process to share with you all and hope any of you other hash hooligans can hop by to help out with your methods, techniques and procedures.

Dabber

Yes please

Back
Top Bottom