Cheaper alternatives than Bubble Bags

talos4

Are there any Cheaper alternatives than Bubble Bags? My next grow I want to commit 3 whole large plants to hash making. I think the 5 gallon 8 bag system is 275 bucks. What are the alternatives? I might be able to swing the 5 gallon 4 bag system, but I need to save money. I've never made hash

i bought the 3 bag system for 150 canadian and the guy at the headshop i purchased it at had a long talk with me about the value of the bags, i was prepared to purchase the 5 bag system and he was kind enough to tell me not to waste my money on a 5 bag to get 3 bags or 8, 5 is roughly the same as 3 when it comes quality wise but if your gonna have 3 full plants purely to hash personally if i had the money id invest in the 8 bag system if not the 3 bags should be plenty

one home made 250micron bag isn't going to do anyone much good. 2 bags at a minimum are needed and one has to have holes big enough to allow all the trichs through but no plant material and the other has to have holes small enough to collect all the trichs. I own a 3 bag set and it alllows one so-so grade of hash made from the first kiff bag and a good pure grade of hash from the 2nd kiff bag. the very first bag that holds the leaf and trimmings is called the work bag. So you have a work bag, a kief bag and a kief bag for a 3 bag set.
That hydrowillys site is pretty cool but what do you use for the bag sides? All they sell are the 1 foot square screens and at a pretty expensive price. The last silk screen I bought for my kiff boxes was $7.00 a yard.

If you want really cheap, try no bags - use the gumby bucket method. I just tried it for the first time and got 33 grams of caramel bubble hash. I used a couple buckets, a piece of hose, wax paper, a kitchen strainer and a wooden spoon. and bags of ice. Look it up on u tube. It costs about 5 bucks to make it this way. It wont be as pure as the bags but it will be a bigger yield. And it does bubble.

i just bought 4 aquarium filter bags. all nice bags 16 x 32 inches in size. 200, 100, 50, and 25 micron. got all 4 for 30 dollars. Will be beating the trim this weekend (hopefully) with the drill and ice.

looking forward to what i find between the 25 and 50 bag! :)

Has anyone ever tried doing a BHO extraction after using bubble bags? The yield would be small I'm sure but wouldn't the THC inside the plant matter still be there to collect after the water extraction?

Hey bid, how those bags going for you? I'm going to get the 8 set extra $10 think will be worth it as it includes the 90 which seems to get the best/most product. Your thoughts if you get this. Peace

IMG_20131023_012619.jpg

1 word. Gumby hash. OK that's 2 words. Google it! You probably got everything you need already.

I'm making a tutorial this weekend to show how I've been doing it.

have you ever tried the dry ice method it seems to be the fastest and the easiest !
I have not tried dry ice method, mgoulder. But I sit here I believe with all the things I need to do so. I recently (yesterday) purchased a ink bird heated press. The gentleman that sold it to me said that it worked best he found if you made dry ice bubble hash then pressed it , it was beautiful and powerful. So please educate me..... Thanks

Back
Top Bottom